CaseyBorne88

Our interview is a few weeks away. Few last minute questions..

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all. I just received my letter a few days ago that our AOS interview has been scheduled for the 26th of September. It has sort of come at a bad time. I had gotten laid off for June, July & part of August. I got hired with an off shore company on the 26th, and I will be back with a paycheck on Sept. 20th. I will only have one pay stub from my new employer in the event that they ask me for an update on my work situation (I am only paid once a month with this job anyway). Will the fact that I just switched jobs be an issue? I do have a friend willing to co-sponsor but I am curious if it even necessary since I am now employed again.

Secondly I have a question about the Vaccination requirements. I've read that the DS-3025 has to list 2 shots for MMR or include a "B" listed; indicating a waiver. When my wife went to St. Luke's, they told her that based on her vaccination history she only needed 1 MMR shot. Of course because of that fact there is no waiver indicated. Why is this then considered an issue sometimes? I have read that sometimes it is and sometimes is isn't.

When I sent in the AOS packet back in May, I included the DS-3025 and I have not received a RFE. Would they have issued an RFE at that point if it was unacceptable or is an RFE only issued after the interview phase?

Any information/advice would be appreciated.

37 minutes ago, CaseyBorne88 said:

Hi all. I just received my letter a few days ago that our AOS interview has been scheduled for the 26th of September. It has sort of come at a bad time. I had gotten laid off for June, July & part of August. I got hired with an off shore company on the 26th, and I will be back with a paycheck on Sept. 20th. I will only have one pay stub from my new employer in the event that they ask me for an update on my work situation (I am only paid once a month with this job anyway). Will the fact that I just switched jobs be an issue? I do have a friend willing to co-sponsor but I am curious if it even necessary since I am now employed again.

Secondly I have a question about the Vaccination requirements. I've read that the DS-3025 has to list 2 shots for MMR or include a "B" listed; indicating a waiver. When my wife went to St. Luke's, they told her that based on her vaccination history she only needed 1 MMR shot. Of course because of that fact there is no waiver indicated. Why is this then considered an issue sometimes? I have read that sometimes it is and sometimes is isn't.

When I sent in the AOS packet back in May, I included the DS-3025 and I have not received a RFE. Would they have issued an RFE at that point if it was unacceptable or is an RFE only issued after the interview phase?

See if you can get a letter of employment,

John Doe is employed full-time with CompanyrA. His salary is xx dollars / period. His employment status is permanent etc.... On company letterhead.signed by ht

33 minutes ago, CaseyBorne88 said:

It could be however there isnt much you can do about it now. Prepare a new Employment Verification Letter and collect as many paystubs as possible and redo a new I864 with your new 2019 predicted income in Part 6 Qu 7.

Secondly I have a question about the Vaccination requirements. I've read that the DS-3025 has to list 2 shots for MMR

(Only one dose is required) or include a "B" listed; indicating a waiver. When my wife went to St. Luke's, they told her that based on her vaccination history she only needed 1 MMR shot. Of course because of that fact there is no waiver indicated. Why is this then considered an issue sometimes? I have read that sometimes it is and sometimes is isn't.
Probably because the IO isnt familiar with the policy. Print this page of the policy manual and bring it with you if you're worried and see below:

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-9

When I sent in the AOS packet back in May, I included the DS-3025 and I have not received a RFE. Would they have issued an RFE at that point if it was unacceptable or is an RFE only issued after the interview phase? Submitting the DS3025 is only a bonus prevantative measure. It's sort of like a "hey look I did my medical already, you should collect my Afile before the interview for the interview". They likely wouldnt have even collected your Afile to examine the original DS3025 before your interview. Sometimes they haven't even bother to collect it yet AT the interview, lol. 

They dont issue RFEs for the medical exam at all as it is not required to be submitted until the interview.

Screenshot_20190830-201056_Chrome.jpg

Also of interest from the CDC website:

"The vaccines from the list above that are required for a given applicant are defined in Table 1. Vaccine series have minimum age requirements and typically require months to years to complete. Therefore, it is usually not possible for applicants to receive all vaccinations for the diseases listed above prior to departure, and they are instead required to receive from the panel physician at least one dose of each age-appropriate vaccine listed in Table 1 for which the applicant is not currently up to date."

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/panel/vaccination-panel-technical-instructions.html

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
47 minutes ago, CaseyBorne88 said:

My interview is on the exact same date as yours and instead of the MMR vaccination, I only got one dose of the chicken pox vaccine. They put "insufficient time interval". As others say, its a non issue as only one dose is required. I asked the civil surgeon and she said it happens all the time and it is no big deal and they would not give the packet for the medical examination if it was not complete. 

As for the affidavit, I believe unless asked, you can just keep the affidavit of support from before. With you though, I would fill out a new one with the new appropriate earnings and paystub/letter from employer in case asked. They do not always ask though.

Goodluck! I am nervous myself 

Timeline

Thank you both for the information. I am still confused tho regarding the vaccinations because I am seeing conflicting information.... Is this pinned post in error? If so why is it allowed to remain pinned? Read the post if you have a moment. I would like to hear your response.

" MMR (two are required but if you have "insufficient time interval" Code B in the last column, then you get a waiver) "
It goes on to say, " NOTE: If you have shots missing and no waiver for them, stop here and see a Civil Surgeon."

35 minutes ago, CaseyBorne88 said:

Thank you both for the information. I am still confused tho regarding the vaccinations because I am seeing conflicting information.... Is this pinned post in error? If so why is it allowed to remain pinned? Read the post if you have a moment. I would like to hear your response.

" MMR (two are required but if you have "insufficient time interval" Code B in the last column, then you get a waiver) "
It goes on to say, " NOTE: If you have shots missing and no waiver for them, stop here and see a Civil Surgeon."

You said yours was marked "B". That means you have received a waiver and that directly ties into the screenshot I posted above.

And even if it wasn't, the IO can see when you received your vaccines and will know you couldnt complete them in time due to insufficient interval.

If its marked as complete its complete.

I also have nothing marked in the right column of my MMR and only received one at my medical exam. 

My PP told me as well (as does all of this CDC documentation) that only one is required. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Most who work in the offshore industry work 5, 6, 7 maybe 8 months straight with no days off as they are out on the platform

then they are onshore till they are sent out for the company's new contract so i would have the new employer explain this part of your work.  instead of the normal "he is permanent from _______this start date"    Anyone in Louisiana knows how that offshore companies work and that this is considered a normal work schedule.  I am more familiar with the way you work and income which i am sure you can  show as adequate for 2018 and the start of 2019.

Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

Most who work in the offshore industry work 5, 6, 7 maybe 8 months straight with no days off as they are out on the platform

then they are onshore till they are sent out for the company's new contract so i would have the new employer explain this part of your work.  instead of the normal "he is permanent from _______this start date"    Anyone in Louisiana knows how that offshore companies work and that this is considered a normal work schedule.  I am more familiar with the way you work and income which i am sure you can  show as adequate for 2018 and the start of 2019.

I thought about  bringing that up my self. I am a Nondestructive testing technician, and contracts and lay offs are just a way of life in my career field. It’s like that with most plant and offshore work. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
18 hours ago, CaseyBorne88 said:

I thought about  bringing that up my self. I am a Nondestructive testing technician, and contracts and lay offs are just a way of life in my career field. It’s like that with most plant and offshore work. 

I know as my youngest son worked offshore for years in the Gulf /  he worked out of Louisiana having an apartment in Lafayette (and was never there) 

At this time his company was in Broussard .   but i say this as he bought property (in a different state)  and he had to explain his on and off type of work and the company explained the contracts in a letter and that he would work usually 6 months straights with no time off and then be off for 1 or 2 before being sent out again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.