Jump to content
CaseyBorne88

Our interview is a few weeks away. Few last minute questions..

12 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi all. I just received my letter a few days ago that our AOS interview has been scheduled for the 26th of September. It has sort of come at a bad time. I had gotten laid off for June, July & part of August. I got hired with an off shore company on the 26th, and I will be back with a paycheck on Sept. 20th. I will only have one pay stub from my new employer in the event that they ask me for an update on my work situation (I am only paid once a month with this job anyway). Will the fact that I just switched jobs be an issue? I do have a friend willing to co-sponsor but I am curious if it even necessary since I am now employed again.


Secondly I have a question about the Vaccination requirements. I've read that the DS-3025 has to list 2 shots for MMR or include a "B" listed; indicating a waiver. When my wife went to St. Luke's, they told her that based on her vaccination history she only needed 1 MMR shot. Of course because of that fact there is no waiver indicated. Why is this then considered an issue sometimes? I have read that sometimes it is and sometimes is isn't.

When I sent in the AOS packet back in May, I included the DS-3025 and I have not received a RFE. Would they have issued an RFE at that point if it was unacceptable or is an RFE only issued after the interview phase?


Any information/advice would be appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, CaseyBorne88 said:

Hi all. I just received my letter a few days ago that our AOS interview has been scheduled for the 26th of September. It has sort of come at a bad time. I had gotten laid off for June, July & part of August. I got hired with an off shore company on the 26th, and I will be back with a paycheck on Sept. 20th. I will only have one pay stub from my new employer in the event that they ask me for an update on my work situation (I am only paid once a month with this job anyway). Will the fact that I just switched jobs be an issue? I do have a friend willing to co-sponsor but I am curious if it even necessary since I am now employed again.


Secondly I have a question about the Vaccination requirements. I've read that the DS-3025 has to list 2 shots for MMR or include a "B" listed; indicating a waiver. When my wife went to St. Luke's, they told her that based on her vaccination history she only needed 1 MMR shot. Of course because of that fact there is no waiver indicated. Why is this then considered an issue sometimes? I have read that sometimes it is and sometimes is isn't.

When I sent in the AOS packet back in May, I included the DS-3025 and I have not received a RFE. Would they have issued an RFE at that point if it was unacceptable or is an RFE only issued after the interview phase?


Any information/advice would be appreciated.

See if you can get a letter of employment,

 

John Doe is employed full-time with CompanyrA. His salary is xx dollars / period. His employment status is permanent etc.... On company letterhead.signed by ht

 

 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, CaseyBorne88 said:

Hi all. I just received my letter a few days ago that our AOS interview has been scheduled for the 26th of September. It has sort of come at a bad time. I had gotten laid off for June, July & part of August. I got hired with an off shore company on the 26th, and I will be back with a paycheck on Sept. 20th. I will only have one pay stub from my new employer in the event that they ask me for an update on my work situation (I am only paid once a month with this job anyway). Will the fact that I just switched jobs be an issue? I do have a friend willing to co-sponsor but I am curious if it even necessary since I am now employed again.

It could be however there isnt much you can do about it now. Prepare a new Employment Verification Letter and collect as many paystubs as possible and redo a new I864 with your new 2019 predicted income in Part 6 Qu 7.


Secondly I have a question about the Vaccination requirements. I've read that the DS-3025 has to list 2 shots for MMR

(Only one dose is required) or include a "B" listed; indicating a waiver. When my wife went to St. Luke's, they told her that based on her vaccination history she only needed 1 MMR shot. Of course because of that fact there is no waiver indicated. Why is this then considered an issue sometimes? I have read that sometimes it is and sometimes is isn't.
Probably because the IO isnt familiar with the policy. Print this page of the policy manual and bring it with you if you're worried and see below:

 https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-9


When I sent in the AOS packet back in May, I included the DS-3025 and I have not received a RFE. Would they have issued an RFE at that point if it was unacceptable or is an RFE only issued after the interview phase? Submitting the DS3025 is only a bonus prevantative measure. It's sort of like a "hey look I did my medical already, you should collect my Afile before the interview for the interview". They likely wouldnt have even collected your Afile to examine the original DS3025 before your interview. Sometimes they haven't even bother to collect it yet AT the interview, lol. 

They dont issue RFEs for the medical exam at all as it is not required to be submitted until the interview.


Any information/advice would be appreciated.

 

Screenshot_20190830-201056_Chrome.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also of interest from the CDC website:

 

"The vaccines from the list above that are required for a given applicant are defined in Table 1. Vaccine series have minimum age requirements and typically require months to years to complete. Therefore, it is usually not possible for applicants to receive all vaccinations for the diseases listed above prior to departure, and they are instead required to receive from the panel physician at least one dose of each age-appropriate vaccine listed in Table 1 for which the applicant is not currently up to date."

 

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/panel/vaccination-panel-technical-instructions.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CaseyBorne88 said:

Hi all. I just received my letter a few days ago that our AOS interview has been scheduled for the 26th of September. It has sort of come at a bad time. I had gotten laid off for June, July & part of August. I got hired with an off shore company on the 26th, and I will be back with a paycheck on Sept. 20th. I will only have one pay stub from my new employer in the event that they ask me for an update on my work situation (I am only paid once a month with this job anyway). Will the fact that I just switched jobs be an issue? I do have a friend willing to co-sponsor but I am curious if it even necessary since I am now employed again.


Secondly I have a question about the Vaccination requirements. I've read that the DS-3025 has to list 2 shots for MMR or include a "B" listed; indicating a waiver. When my wife went to St. Luke's, they told her that based on her vaccination history she only needed 1 MMR shot. Of course because of that fact there is no waiver indicated. Why is this then considered an issue sometimes? I have read that sometimes it is and sometimes is isn't.

When I sent in the AOS packet back in May, I included the DS-3025 and I have not received a RFE. Would they have issued an RFE at that point if it was unacceptable or is an RFE only issued after the interview phase?


Any information/advice would be appreciated.

My interview is on the exact same date as yours and instead of the MMR vaccination, I only got one dose of the chicken pox vaccine. They put "insufficient time interval". As others say, its a non issue as only one dose is required. I asked the civil surgeon and she said it happens all the time and it is no big deal and they would not give the packet for the medical examination if it was not complete. 

 

As for the affidavit, I believe unless asked, you can just keep the affidavit of support from before. With you though, I would fill out a new one with the new appropriate earnings and paystub/letter from employer in case asked. They do not always ask though.

 

Goodluck! I am nervous myself 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you both for the information. I am still confused tho regarding the vaccinations because I am seeing conflicting information.... Is this pinned post in error? If so why is it allowed to remain pinned? Read the post if you have a moment. I would like to hear your response.
 

 



" MMR (two are required but if you have "insufficient time interval" Code B in the last column, then you get a waiver) "
It goes on to say, " NOTE: If you have shots missing and no waiver for them, stop here and see a Civil Surgeon."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, CaseyBorne88 said:

Thank you both for the information. I am still confused tho regarding the vaccinations because I am seeing conflicting information.... Is this pinned post in error? If so why is it allowed to remain pinned? Read the post if you have a moment. I would like to hear your response.
 

 



" MMR (two are required but if you have "insufficient time interval" Code B in the last column, then you get a waiver) "
It goes on to say, " NOTE: If you have shots missing and no waiver for them, stop here and see a Civil Surgeon."

You said yours was marked "B". That means you have received a waiver and that directly ties into the screenshot I posted above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And even if it wasn't, the IO can see when you received your vaccines and will know you couldnt complete them in time due to insufficient interval.

If its marked as complete its complete.

I also have nothing marked in the right column of my MMR and only received one at my medical exam. 

My PP told me as well (as does all of this CDC documentation) that only one is required. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most who work in the offshore industry work 5, 6, 7 maybe 8 months straight with no days off as they are out on the platform

then they are onshore till they are sent out for the company's new contract so i would have the new employer explain this part of your work.  instead of the normal "he is permanent from _______this start date"    Anyone in Louisiana knows how that offshore companies work and that this is considered a normal work schedule.  I am more familiar with the way you work and income which i am sure you can  show as adequate for 2018 and the start of 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

Most who work in the offshore industry work 5, 6, 7 maybe 8 months straight with no days off as they are out on the platform

then they are onshore till they are sent out for the company's new contract so i would have the new employer explain this part of your work.  instead of the normal "he is permanent from _______this start date"    Anyone in Louisiana knows how that offshore companies work and that this is considered a normal work schedule.  I am more familiar with the way you work and income which i am sure you can  show as adequate for 2018 and the start of 2019.

 

I thought about  bringing that up my self. I am a Nondestructive testing technician, and contracts and lay offs are just a way of life in my career field. It’s like that with most plant and offshore work. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, CaseyBorne88 said:

 

I thought about  bringing that up my self. I am a Nondestructive testing technician, and contracts and lay offs are just a way of life in my career field. It’s like that with most plant and offshore work. 

 

 

I know as my youngest son worked offshore for years in the Gulf /  he worked out of Louisiana having an apartment in Lafayette (and was never there) 

At this time his company was in Broussard .   but i say this as he bought property (in a different state)  and he had to explain his on and off type of work and the company explained the contracts in a letter and that he would work usually 6 months straights with no time off and then be off for 1 or 2 before being sent out again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...