Jump to content
Mike445

HELP I-131"Class of admission"

12 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I came into the USA from Canada as a visitor as I do almost every weekend. My wife and I decided (for reasons not being disclosed here) to file for adjustment of status.  I'm currently filling out form I-131 and there is a section asking my CLASS OF ADMISSION.  I don't have an I-94 nor was my passport stamped.  I pulled up to Lewiston border and as usual they asked a few questions, looked at my passport (I assume they swiped it too) and admitted me without any secondary inspection.  

 

My question is what do I put for CLASS OF ADMISSION?  Thank you!

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mike445 said:

I came into the USA from Canada as a visitor as I do almost every weekend. My wife and I decided (for reasons not being disclosed here) to file for adjustment of status.  I'm currently filling out form I-131 and there is a section asking my CLASS OF ADMISSION.  I don't have an I-94 nor was my passport stamped.  I pulled up to Lewiston border and as usual they asked a few questions, looked at my passport (I assume they swiped it too) and admitted me without any secondary inspection.  

 

My question is what do I put for CLASS OF ADMISSION?  Thank you!

Mike

You can get a copy of your i-94 online here (you'll need it for the AOS packet as well) https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

 

Once you input your info, the i-94 should tell you your class of admission. I believe most visitors from Canada are given B2 visas (don't quote me on it). 


Married 4/12/18
Mailed AOS Packet (485, 131, 130, 130a, 864, 765) 4/9/19
Packet Delivered to Chicago Lockbox 4/12/19
NOA1 for i-130, 765, 131, 485: 4/19/19
Biometrics Notice: 4/26/19
Biometrics appointment 5/14/19
Notice For Interview 5/21/19
693 completed: 6/25/19 (appointment was 6/21/19, civil surgeon needed time to process)
Interview: 6/25/19
Approved: 6/25/19 (online case status lists new card is being produced)
GC in hand: 7/2/19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, muricafyeah said:

You can get a copy of your i-94 online here (you'll need it for the AOS packet as well) https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

 

Once you input your info, the i-94 should tell you your class of admission. I believe most visitors from Canada are given B2 visas (don't quote me on it). 

OKAY...I jut did this and it comes up "No record found for traveller"

I cross every single weekend at Lewiston/Queenston.  When I go to view travel history it comes up with all my visits including my last entry on August 2 2019.

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ADW & JOP said:

Mine is always B2.

 

My most recent i94 says B2 as well.

Thank you.  Should I put B2 in Class of admission spot without any record of an I-94?  I don't want to put something down if there is no record of it.  As I said it shows my last 100 entries into the USA (dating back to 2015) but when we enter the info for the I-94 it states no records found.  I definitely need clarification on this.  Thank you.

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be B-2. Could technically be B-1. Doesn't matter...go with B-2.

 

That said, you are supposed to provide a copy of the I-94 (printout usually) for the I-485. You may need an I-104 to get it if it's not showing online. Although, try a few different ways to enter your info to just see if it's a spacing issue or something. It should be based upon your travel document's (usually passport) information exactly as recorded on the document.


Timelines:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice

10/25/18: Formal approval

10/31/18: Green card received

 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/17: sent

12/14/17: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HRQX said:

Yup, a deferred inspection site is another option to get it.


Timelines:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice

10/25/18: Formal approval

10/31/18: Green card received

 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/17: sent

12/14/17: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Should be B-2. Could technically be B-1. Doesn't matter...go with B-2.

 

That said, you are supposed to provide a copy of the I-94 (printout usually) for the I-485. You may need an I-104 to get it if it's not showing online. Although, try a few different ways to enter your info to just see if it's a spacing issue or something. It should be based upon your travel document's (usually passport) information exactly as recorded on the document.

Thank you.  I tried different ways and combinations.  I put in all passport info (with and without middle name) and still nothing comes up. When I put the SAME info in History it shows my crossings.

Mike

32 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Thanks.  I tried everything.  Only thing left to do is call a deferred inspection site.

Mike

Edited by Mike445

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Yup, a deferred inspection site is another option to get it.

Thank you.  that is my next option.  Hopefully it doesn't take too long.  I want to get the paperwork sent off!

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Many Canadians do not get and I-94 that is nothing new. All that needs to be done is write in Canadian visitor land crossing. They are well aware of this with Canadians.

Edited by Ontarkie

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ontarkie said:

Many Canadians do not get and I-94 that is nothing new. All that needs to be done is write in Canadian visitor land crossing. They are well aware of this with Canadians.

Thank you so much!
Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...