Jump to content
shelbymarie02

Help with I-134 (affidavit of support)

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone 😁 we are getting to the last steps of our visa process (thankfully) and we are just preparing now for the consulate interview. Also I hope that I am posting this in the correct category, if not I apologize, I am new here. I (the petitioner) am just trying to figure out the I-134 form. I definitely know that I will need a co-sponsor, which my parents are more than happy to help with that. My first question is can they both be a co-sponsor? (my fiance is from Australia btw) and if so, do I have to file a separate I-134 form for each of them? They file their taxes together (I believe it's as a joint marriage). My second question is about my own I-134 form. When it asks for my annual income, I am not sure what to put. I just started a new job a few months ago, so I don't really know what my yearly income will be. I did have a job last year that I only worked for from August-December, so that's not a full year of income, and I did not file taxes for that job, but I do have my W2. 

I believe that is all of my questions and I appreciate anyone who can answer them for me!

Cheers! 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, shelbymarie02 said:

Hello everyone 😁 we are getting to the last steps of our visa process (thankfully) and we are just preparing now for the consulate interview. Also I hope that I am posting this in the correct category, if not I apologize, I am new here. I (the petitioner) am just trying to figure out the I-134 form. I definitely know that I will need a co-sponsor, which my parents are more than happy to help with that. My first question is can they both be a co-sponsor? (my fiance is from Australia btw) and if so, do I have to file a separate I-134 form for each of them? They file their taxes together (I believe it's as a joint marriage). My second question is about my own I-134 form. When it asks for my annual income, I am not sure what to put. I just started a new job a few months ago, so I don't really know what my yearly income will be. I did have a job last year that I only worked for from August-December, so that's not a full year of income, and I did not file taxes for that job, but I do have my W2. 

I believe that is all of my questions and I appreciate anyone who can answer them for me!

Cheers! 😅

Both you and your parents fill out the following:

 

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT: You must submit any evidence which will show that you and members of your family who will accompany you are not likely to become public charges while in the United States. Visa petitioner (US Citizen) will have to complete form 1-134. If the petitioner does not qualify as a sponsor, a Joint-Sponsor should ALSO be presented (any US Citizen living in the US or Legal Permanent Resident), who will also have to complete form 1-134. Both, the Sponsor (Petitioner) as well as the Joint-Sponsor, will have to present last year's income tax return transcripts. W2 form and proof of current and sustainable income (e.g letter of employment on letterhead including salary and start date, most recent salary receipts, bank accounts, value of properties, etc.). You may download the 1-134 affidavit at: https://www.uscis.gov/i-134 Get the IRS transcript in place of the actual 1040 here: https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript Use this link to determine the income levels needed https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p.

 

I hope this helps.


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your annual income is what your W2 said.  

 

Unless they are divorced, having BOTH parents co-sponsor would not really work... marital assets cannot be claimed twice.  Pick one and have them do a I-134F and also prepare for the I-864.

 

You just have to meet the minimum income.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SmallTownPA said:

Your annual income is what your W2 said.  

 

Unless they are divorced, having BOTH parents co-sponsor would not really work... marital assets cannot be claimed twice.  Pick one and have them do a I-134F and also prepare for the I-864.

 

You just have to meet the minimum income.

I'm curious, for the I-134 both parties complete it. There isn't a form I-134f to my knowledge. One doesn't com up on a search. There is no I-864 required at the interview stage, but yes at the AOS stage after marriage. You may want to check your source and if I am wrong, just post the link as we are all here to learn.


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2019 at 8:56 PM, Greenbaum said:

I'm curious, for the I-134 both parties complete it. There isn't a form I-134f to my knowledge. One doesn't com up on a search. There is no I-864 required at the interview stage, but yes at the AOS stage after marriage. You may want to check your source and if I am wrong, just post the link as we are all here to learn.

 

Just a simply typo... not sure why I put F at the end.  It seems the K-1 is one of the very few visas that still use it.  I guess they just want an easy way to deny a visa before they get to the US.

 

Why have a mandatory form that requires 100% of poverty then when you AOS, the number magically jumps to 125%.  I get why they do it, but why not just pick 125% for all visas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SmallTownPA said:

 

Just a simply typo... not sure why I put F at the end.  It seems the K-1 is one of the very few visas that still use it.  I guess they just want an easy way to deny a visa before they get to the US.

 

Why have a mandatory form that requires 100% of poverty then when you AOS, the number magically jumps to 125%.  I get why they do it, but why not just pick 125% for all visas?

The I-134 is for non-immigrant visas .. which the K-1 may be "on paper", but it is processed as an immigrant visa.   So the I-134 has its focus on a totally different visa than the K-1 .. thus the 100% instead of the 125%

 

At some embassies they do use the 125% only with the K-1 (Manila is always 125%).   But like said the I-134 isn't designed for visas where the beneficiary will be changing status after entry into the USA.  

 

The K-1 is an odd duck, more like a platypus ;)  ..  a hybrid visa.


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

 

HandArrow.gif       Visa Process at USEM for the Philippines;  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2019 at 7:03 AM, Greenbaum said:

Both you and your parents fill out the following:

 

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT: You must submit any evidence which will show that you and members of your family who will accompany you are not likely to become public charges while in the United States. Visa petitioner (US Citizen) will have to complete form 1-134. If the petitioner does not qualify as a sponsor, a Joint-Sponsor should ALSO be presented (any US Citizen living in the US or Legal Permanent Resident), who will also have to complete form 1-134. Both, the Sponsor (Petitioner) as well as the Joint-Sponsor, will have to present last year's income tax return transcripts. W2 form and proof of current and sustainable income (e.g letter of employment on letterhead including salary and start date, most recent salary receipts, bank accounts, value of properties, etc.). You may download the 1-134 affidavit at: https://www.uscis.gov/i-134 Get the IRS transcript in place of the actual 1040 here: https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript Use this link to determine the income levels needed https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p.

 

I hope this helps.

Hey hi, I am going thru the sane thing that I don’t have any last 3 income can my brother put co sponser because my attorney was telling me that I can’t put co-sponsors .. it’s only available on spousal visa, hope you can answer this? 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mishty said:

Hey hi, I am going thru the sane thing that I don’t have any last 3 income can my brother put co sponser because my attorney was telling me that I can’t put co-sponsors .. it’s only available on spousal visa, hope you can answer this? 

Thanks

Hi,

It depends on which consulate your interview is at if you can use a co sponsor. We just had our interview in Sydney and on their website it says that you can use co sponsors, so just check the website of where your interview will be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...