A90510

Administrative Processing...the Never Ending Wait

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Brief Timeline of Events

May 16--Fiance went for his K1 Visa interview, was given pink slip requesting to provide further documentation. The interviewing officer retained his passport

May 21- Fiance emailed supporting documents as requested to the email provided

May 28-Consulate called Fiance and informed they informed him that they received his supporting documents and they would be forwarded to his interviewing officer

May 29-CEAC Cased Update showed Administrative Processing 

May 30-CEAC Cased Update showed Administrative Processing 

July 24- CEAC Cased Update showed Administrative Processing 

July 25-CEAC Cased Update showed Administrative Processing 

July 26-CEAC Cased Update showed Administrative Processing 

Aug 5-CEAC Cased Update showed Administrative Processing 

Aug 7-CEAC Cased Update showed Administrative Processing 

Aug 8- Fiance received email from DoS stating that his passport has been released; DHL tracking number provided, expected delivery date Aug 12

Aug 12- Passport arrived at pick-up point

Aug 13........

Today, my Fiance went to pick up his passport. It has been such a long wait, we were excited, but I knew nothing was final until we saw the stamp. All this time mind you, CEAC tracker still showed Administrative Processing as they have not updated since Aug 7. We thought it was strange, it wasn't what we were expecting, but all we knew was that his passport was released and that's what we've been waiting for. However, once my Fiance got his passport, nothing was accompanied with it....he looked in his passport....and it was blank...no stamp....nothing. He called and told me about an hour ago....Immediately I thought, it sounds like they denied the visa.....but from what I've read if they denied it they should have sent a letter stating why, no? Or, is it truly still under Administrative Processing? Before we do anything hasty, we decided just to wait. Has this been anyone else's experience? What did you do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
23 minutes ago, A90510 said:

Brief Timeline of Events

May 16--Fiance went for his K1 Visa interview, was given pink slip requesting to provide further documentation. The interviewing officer retained his passport

May 21- Fiance emailed supporting documents as requested to the email provided

May 28-Consulate called Fiance and informed they informed him that they received his supporting documents and they would be forwarded to his interviewing officer

May 29-CEAC Cased Update showed Administrative Processing 

May 30-CEAC Cased Update showed Administrative Processing 

July 24- CEAC Cased Update showed Administrative Processing 

July 25-CEAC Cased Update showed Administrative Processing 

July 26-CEAC Cased Update showed Administrative Processing 

Aug 5-CEAC Cased Update showed Administrative Processing 

Aug 7-CEAC Cased Update showed Administrative Processing 

Aug 8- Fiance received email from DoS stating that his passport has been released; DHL tracking number provided, expected delivery date Aug 12

Aug 12- Passport arrived at pick-up point

Aug 13........

Today, my Fiance went to pick up his passport. It has been such a long wait, we were excited, but I knew nothing was final until we saw the stamp. All this time mind you, CEAC tracker still showed Administrative Processing as they have not updated since Aug 7. We thought it was strange, it wasn't what we were expecting, but all we knew was that his passport was released and that's what we've been waiting for. However, once my Fiance got his passport, nothing was accompanied with it....he looked in his passport....and it was blank...no stamp....nothing. He called and told me about an hour ago....Immediately I thought, it sounds like they denied the visa.....but from what I've read if they denied it they should have sent a letter stating why, no? Or, is it truly still under Administrative Processing? Before we do anything hasty, we decided just to wait. Has this been anyone else's experience? What did you do?

Give it some time, the case is still under AP.. probably they are still investigating the application and all, keep your eye on the ceac status. Best of luck 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Teetop said:

Give it some time, the case is still under AP.. probably they are still investigating the application and all, keep your eye on the ceac status. Best of luck 

Waiting isn't easy, but yes, it seems that is all we can do. Thanks 🙏

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My 2 kids had their interview last December and still waiting  ..... No updates but AP,  i got tired of calling the embassy in Casablanca Morocco but they always hang up.....  And they refuse to talk to me about my children visas 

Sounds like they don't expect AP to conclude in the immediate future, so they released the passport back to him. Sorry that he has to wait longer still. But it doesn't mean anything is wrong or he was denied at this time....it's just more waiting.

I'm guessing somebody has been calling or emailing fairly regularly about the case....that typically triggers the CEAC status update even if there's no actual change.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
19 hours ago, Moha21 said:

My 2 kids had their interview last December and still waiting  ..... No updates but AP,  i got tired of calling the embassy in Casablanca Morocco but they always hang up.....  And they refuse to talk to me about my children visas 

Wow, that is heart wrenching! I don't have kids, so I can't even begin to imagine what that feels like 😥. Sending prayers to you and your family 🙏🏾 

Timeline
17 hours ago, geowrian said:

Sounds like they don't expect AP to conclude in the immediate future, so they released the passport back to him. Sorry that he has to wait longer still. But it doesn't mean anything is wrong or he was denied at this time....it's just more waiting.

I'm guessing somebody has been calling or emailing fairly regularly about the case....that typically triggers the CEAC status update even if there's no actual change.

That's what we were thinking. I sent an email to them yesterday and I got a response back this morning my time....They said they have transferred my fiance's case back to the NVC and we can contact them in 45 days....based on what I've read in here so far, it doesn't look great, but....

On 8/14/2019 at 10:20 PM, A90510 said:

That's what we were thinking. I sent an email to them yesterday and I got a response back this morning my time....They said they have transferred my fiance's case back to the NVC and we can contact them in 45 days....based on what I've read in here so far, it doesn't look great, but....

So that is the end of your fiance k1,sending k1 back to NVC they will left it expired,just first know the reason they send it back to nvc,bec that means denied, when you know the reason you can work on that on your fiance next interview at nearest future, when u have know the reason,just go back to him and get married and file cr1,I felt so sad for you,my case too still under administrative processing since 10 of may 2019 Usembassy Lagos Nigeria 

26 minutes ago, Unknown4 said:

So that is the end of your fiance k1,sending k1 back to NVC they will left it expired,just first know the reason they send it back to nvc,bec that means denied, when you know the reason you can work on that on your fiance next interview at nearest future, when u have know the reason,just go back to him and get married and file cr1,I felt so sad for you,my case too still under administrative processing since 10 of may 2019 Usembassy Lagos Nigeria 

Have your fiance went for US interview befor the k1? Does he have any records with them,like if he has declare himself married previous interview befor k1?does he go with divorce decree? What does your fiance suspect when he having the questions and answers with the consular during his k1 interview? Do you knew eachother for short period befor you engaged with him?do you met his family when u come to visit him? Do you have any red flag like age gap?do your research what can course his k1 denied,bec it has denied has they returned it back to NVC,it will left expired,and find the reason of him denied befor you come back to married for cr1

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline
On 8/17/2019 at 10:46 AM, Unknown4 said:

They gave me NVC's email address. We still haven't gotten a reason for denial, if it is one. 

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Update, I received an email from the NVC stating they sent my fiance's case back to the consulate. This is good news right? The email said to direct all questions to the consulate moving forward. I emailed the consulate after a few days to request further instruction, but have not gotten a response yet. They may have not received the case yet if they transferred the hard copy file. Does anyone know what to expect at this stage? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 9/24/2019 at 9:24 PM, A90510 said:

Update, I received an email from the NVC stating they sent my fiance's case back to the consulate. This is good news right? The email said to direct all questions to the consulate moving forward. I emailed the consulate after a few days to request further instruction, but have not gotten a response yet. They may have not received the case yet if they transferred the hard copy file. Does anyone know what to expect at this stage? 

i think its.good sign and consulate will contact you

Timeline
30 minutes ago, ilovelondon said:

i think its.good sign and consulate will contact you

I was hoping so, but I got an email from the consulate stating they denied the visa and sent the case back to USCIS for review 😭

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.