Heri4me2

Saint Luke's medical center

13 posts in this topic

Ok we are in need of some assistance!!

My wife and daughter both had their exams in Manila April of this year daughter was cleared and wife had to do sputum test 2 months later we have her cleared with no tb . We got visas and came to USA June 21st with no problem at Poe Atlanta CO read everything and said welcome to America gave us a paper showing when to apply for AOS. July 20th I received a panicked phone call from our local health department saying that we need to come in immediately for follow up that they believe my wife has tb...sooo we end our family visit in Pennsylvania and return to Georgia.  They do not have the test results from SLMEC showing no tb in her previous sputum test!!!! Sooo they decided that she needs to do again here we had 3 negative smears but still need to wait for culture results to prove no tb. My wife is now house quarantined while we wait they are also making her take treatment for tb as a precaution. We were told if we refused she would lose her Visa or risk be put in medical prison!?!? For forced treatment... Now they are requesting that me and my daughter undergo contact treatment (still no sputum culture results) if we refuse treatment we will be turned into children services for child endangerment... my daughter is only 5 . We cant seem to get any help can anyone tell me where we can get some help please.. my wife and daughter are from the Philippines and both have had a bcg vaccine so they will always show positive skin test but the health department here will not accept that fact.. I am going to pay now to have IGRA on all of us to show that we are not infected but they are still saying that we may still have to do treatment???

Why not just start treatment?   I had to do that myself back in the 70s due to a positive skin test.........I took pills for 6 months.......and that was that.......

"What I am to be, I am now becoming"-  Benjamin Franklin     

:idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

Immigration Journey:

• Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Heri4me2 said:

Jfh we have not been married for 2 years yet so its cr for 2 years 

Adjustment of Status is not required for those with conditional Green Cards......

Edited by missileman

:idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Immigration Journey:

• I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019

That is very odd.  I had a buddy working for Ericcson in USA, I believe he was Sweden and he was here on a work visa, His wife was from Philippines and used to work in Japan as GRO and singer.

I don't think she had to do any medical to go to USA since she came with him on his work visa.  I hung around him some back in 2010. Well she went to get a greencard and low and behold found out she had TB.

She had worked at a grocery store as a cashier for about a year and since she was a GRO she frequented many night clubs in the area.

Long story short once I found out she had TB I was angry, she was still out working and going to bars. I called our local county health and asked them why they wouldn't quarantine her,  I was told they can not do that to any one.

With you saying they are threating put her in "Medical Prison" and forcing her to take TB medicine is almost exactly the opposite I was told.

ChickBoy

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Heri4me2 said:

Ok we are in need of some assistance!!

My wife and daughter both had their exams in Manila April of this year daughter was cleared and wife had to do sputum test 2 months later we have her cleared with no tb . We got visas and came to USA June 21st with no problem at Poe Atlanta CO read everything and said welcome to America gave us a paper showing when to apply for AOS. July 20th I received a panicked phone call from our local health department saying that we need to come in immediately for follow up that they believe my wife has tb...sooo we end our family visit in Pennsylvania and return to Georgia.  They do not have the test results from SLMEC showing no tb in her previous sputum test!!!! Sooo they decided that she needs to do again here we had 3 negative smears but still need to wait for culture results to prove no tb. My wife is now house quarantined while we wait they are also making her take treatment for tb as a precaution. We were told if we refused she would lose her Visa or risk be put in medical prison!?!? For forced treatment... Now they are requesting that me and my daughter undergo contact treatment (still no sputum culture results) if we refuse treatment we will be turned into children services for child endangerment... my daughter is only 5 . We cant seem to get any help can anyone tell me where we can get some help please.. my wife and daughter are from the Philippines and both have had a bcg vaccine so they will always show positive skin test but the health department here will not accept that fact.. I am going to pay now to have IGRA on all of us to show that we are not infected but they are still saying that we may still have to do treatment???

Apply for AOS?   You are IR/CR-1  not K-1 .... IR/CR-1 already have green cards upon entry (i-551 stamp in the passport and physical green card to arrive in the near future)  so they don't complete AOS.

Ever heard the saying "You can't fight city hall" ?    CDC makes all the rules in regards to TB and with the sudden increase of TB within the USA they ramped up things ... follow the direction of the Health Dept.   .. Get 'er done!

**  I just read where you said you are referring to ROC

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

HandArrow.gif       Visa Process at USEM for the Philippines;  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

4 minutes ago, Heri4me2 said:

Upon entry you are only given a conditional greencard good for 2 years then you must apply for perment green card. With conditions removed.   Cdc does not accept tst for immigrants only igra sience nov 2018 

Are you, yourself, planning to start treatment?

Immigration Journey:

Yes until  i have the results that i do not have tb. My tst , chest xray are all negitive so i dont undersrand this so i will pay to have an igra done by thr health dept to see if there is or is not tb in my blood. My wife has had 8 culture smears all negitive and 3 negitive cultures. Never has there been any positve to indicate tb other than a suspition because of a scar on her lung that was already dismissed by pulmoligist befofe we could get her visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.