2,946 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Adex2rise said:

Please Guyz...How true is the news that VAWA would expire or stop 🛑 at the end of September as Congress haven’t made any decision to extend the VAWA program?

Here is some clarifications, Only grant programs need to be authorized; the rest of VAWA never “expires.”  Meaning VAWA (Violence against a women act) is a federal funded program the congress most approved the grant of money this program will need for the upcoming years to support victims of domestic violence Programs like shelters, counseling, programs that will provide food, help to the victims. Congress and the President need to reach an agreement on FUNDING nothing to do with immigration humanitarian benefits I-360 application as a battery Spouse. 

USCIS have humanitarian benefits the will grant you green card or temporary status:   I-360 battery spouse, Female genital mutilation, forced marriage, Refugee, Asylum, temporary status, human trafficking victims. This visa have nothing to do with funding or re-authorizations. Only USCIS can reform, changes or updated this applications, and they will accept applications until a changed occurs. 

10 hours ago, Hopemama said:

@Formykidin i360, we could have ead by 2 ways:

1. Concurrently i360, i765,i485. Then the ead c9 will issued way earlier than i360approval. Ead c9 for pending case. Some attorneys, like mine, dont like that way even we are qualified to do so😫😫😫so😫😫😫

2. When i360 approved, ead c31 will come out automatically. You dont need apply i765 with i360. 

My case somehow got ead c14?!?!

I and my kid were desperate for 23 months since Sep 2017. Until now....

I was waiting for too long. So now when the ead in hand and c14 kinda panicked me. If that is a mistake from uscis, i dont kbow what is waiting for me and my kid

C14 is a EAD grant when USCIS put you in Deferred action you are consider an individual whose case has been deferred is not considered to be unlawfully present during the period in which deferred action is in effect. An individual who has received deferred action is authorized by DHS to be present in the United States, and is therefore considered by DHS to be lawfully present during the period deferred action is in effect. 

The renewal of the C14 is more complicated because you must establish economic necessity. USCIS will consider whether you have an economic need to work by reviewing your current annual income, your current annual expenses, and the total current value of your assets. You need to provide your financial information and also file Form I-765WS along with Form I-765.  So is best to just renew C31. 

14 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

Here is some clarifications, Only grant programs need to be authorized; the rest of VAWA never “expires.”  Meaning VAWA (Violence against a women act) is a federal funded program the congress most approved the grant of money this program will need for the upcoming years to support victims of domestic violence Programs like shelters, counseling, programs that will provide food, help to the victims. Congress and the President need to reach an agreement on FUNDING nothing to do with immigration humanitarian benefits I-360 application as a battery Spouse. 

USCIS have humanitarian benefits the will grant you green card or temporary status:   I-360 battery spouse, Female genital mutilation, forced marriage, Refugee, Asylum, temporary status, human trafficking victims. This visa have nothing to do with funding or re-authorizations. Only USCIS can reform, changes or updated this applications, and they will accept applications until a changed occurs. 

I need to have you on my speed dial or when I get panic attacks 😂😜

you calm us with your rationale explanations right away ... 

thabk you so much for putting our mind to rest ... 

Edited by Screecher

5 minutes ago, Screecher said:

I need to have you on my speed dial or when I get panic attacks 😂😜

you calm us with your rationale explanations right away ... 

thabk you so much for putting our mind to rest ... 

😊 No panic attacks... The Lord is our refugee in tribulations time.. Immigration right now is experiences a lot of changes with this President administration but when is an update on a policy from USCIS it has a date on which will be valid and from which date will be in effect and apply. All pending application will follow the old rules before any updates, and our pending cases will be adjudicated despite on any changes. The update will affect futures applicants if happens

10 hours ago, Formykid said:

When filing for #vawa if your spouse is a USC you file i360. I765 and i485 together.  If spouse is LPR you can only file i360 and wait for approval. 

This is correct because with the LPR spouse, a visa number has to become available for them to be eligible to file! The spouse of a USC is able to file i485 right away!😊👍

7 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Most people get C31 only..few get C31 and C14 together (at least about 3 people here has reported that) someone else reported getting just C14!  😊👍

Thank you @Stillwinning!!!😊. You calm my nerve with your response. So i only have to wait for approval notice and c31 in the mail box. Am i right? It is nervous after waiting such a long time, and realize there is something off the road with my case. 

On 9/4/2019 at 10:54 AM, sheima said:

I-360 (C31) doesn’t expire, does 245 (C22) expire? I need help to properly understand. Thanks 

All EAD expires, The only thing the will not expire on immigration is your US Citizenship. But every other benefits in some instances most be renew. Green Cards, Visas, EAD, TPS status. Etc... 

7 minutes ago, Hopemama said:

Thank you @Stillwinning!!!😊. You calm my nerve with your response. So i only have to wait for approval notice and c31 in the mail box. Am i right? It is nervous after waiting such a long time, and realize there is something off the road with my case. 

Good to know that dear!😊 they probably will send you both the approval notice and deffered action notice...whatever you go through in life always hold on to positivity, shake off negative energy!!! When you see a way, there will always be a way..when you see only closed doors you remain shut out!!!

Edited by Stillwinning!!!😊

Filed: Other Country: Liberia
Timeline

I have a question, I file 1-360 in August 2018 but my lawyer did not file I-765 and I-485 for me. And my EAD as been expired since Feb 2018... 

My question is can I file I-765 and I-485 now that my vawa case is still pending? Because I married a USC.

And I don’t want to make any mistake as my lawyer told me that if They deny my I-765 and I-485 I will be put on deportation and removal from the US. I need the roommate advice on this and if am to file it what are the documents That i need  to include in the filling. 

Thanks in anticipation.

@sandraj @stillwining!!!😊

1 hour ago, FeDaniela said:

Oh thank you for this detailed information...God bless you

1 minute ago, Teegirl2013 said:

I have a question, I file 1-360 in August 2018 but my lawyer did not file I-765 and I-485 for me. And my EAD as been expired since Feb 2018... 

My question is can I file I-765 and I-485 now that my vawa case is still pending? Because I married a USC.

And I don’t want to make any mistake as my lawyer told me that if They deny my I-765 and I-485 I will be put on deportation and removal from the US. I need the roommate advice on this and if am to file it what are the documents That i need  to include in the filling. 

Thanks in anticipation.

Even if they Denied your I-360 will also put you on Deportation removal, this is for any denial petition we are in the same risk. So why wait to file I-485 and I-765 if is the same risk on all of them. You should file AOS package so you be able to work until your wait. 

1 minute ago, Teegirl2013 said:

Thanks in anticipation.

😊😊 you obviously are using the services of an attorney..be careful about going around them to file petitions! You are paying your attorney, insist you want to take the chance... Yes use those words..Sandra has clarified here that whether you wait or not you'll still be put in deportation proceedings if your case is denied..but with your attorney you need to tread carefully...he knows the document to use and will file it for you! Yes you can file i485 as the spouse of a USC anytime!😊👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.