2,946 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
4 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

It is not obligatory to have an Attorney at your I-485 interview, but some IO officer just abuse their power, by asking questions their not suppose too or insinuating credibility of your case this happen when you don't have a legal representation @FridayGirl@69 can tell you her experience which for me it was the most strong i have ever heard, and she got thru it because she got a Good Lawyer. Everyone experience is different. 

I know it’s not a must but it’s good to have. 

During my marriage based interview, I appeared alone and told the IO that I had filed VAWA and a new AOS and wanted the marriage based one to be withdrawn. I didn’t have my VAWA Receipts to show I had filed it but he looked up in the system and confirmed that VSC had received it already and mailed a NOA’s. 

My interview was just a few days after my divorce was finalized but I didn’t mention the divorce then and neither was I asked. 

Will this be an issue in my upcoming interview? 

@sandranj @Stillwinning!!!😊 , other members, any helpful info here? 

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Deserteagle said:

Am having an issue here . My ex spouse was born in Texas and am trying to get his birth certificate but the guys at the Birth records and vital records said I can’t get the birth records to prove citizenship because we are already divorced . What do you guys suggest please ? 

Thank you, as you comment. 

You have your wedding certificate right? No agency will give you his birth certificate even if you were still married except he goes with you. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Strife said:

During my marriage based interview, I appeared alone and told the IO that I had filed VAWA and a new AOS and wanted the marriage based one to be withdrawn. I didn’t have my VAWA Receipts to show I had filed it but he looked up in the system and confirmed that VSC had received it already and mailed a NOA’s. 

My interview was just a few days after my divorce was finalized but I didn’t mention the divorce then and neither was I asked. 

Not an issue at all.

1 minute ago, bold said:

You will be fine Ms.

You have your wedding certificate right?

Aye sir! Pray tell how hast thou been enjoying thine green document? @Deserteagle yeah you'll need to tender other forms of proof..like bold mentioned marriage cert..probably affidavits from family, inlaws, friends that knew your spouse..

4 minutes ago, Strife said:

I don't think so dear..if anything..the AOS interview gives us a chance to clarify, explain and set all records straight!😊👍

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, bold said:

You have your wedding certificate right? No agency will give you his birth certificate even if you were still married except he goes with you. 

They said they could had given it to me . But, I messed up and said we were divorced already . 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Aye sir! Pray tell how hast thou been enjoying thine green document? @Deserteagle yeah you'll need to tender other forms of proof..like bold mentioned marriage cert..probably affidavits from family, inlaws, friends that knew your spouse..

I haven't been traveling the world for 7 years now -  I used to travel the world but the USCIS got me 'locked' up with this process of not being able to leave the country. Any way,  I am heading out on a road trip with my brother  on a RV  to Canada next weekend. Then I am off to England, Ukraine and Scotland  and Nigeria in December....You gotta envy me now!!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, 西苑二楼 said:

I am curious too. What if the abuser's birth certificate is not accessible?

It never is to anyone but him. Will you allow your personal documents be accessible to ordinary folks like your neighbor? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I don’t have other forms of proof. I can tender the I-130 receipt my spouse filed for me and attach it with a letter explaining how far I have gone in getting the birth certificate. I can state my ex spouse parents name and my spouse social security number and driver license number . Then USCIS can search their records . I can’t do FOIA that takes over 9 months 

Timeline

Truly a spouse is entitled to access those kinds of info! If you were still married they would have released it to you!

Really? Does this have to do with different states law or federal law?

6 minutes ago, bold said:

I haven't been traveling the world for 7 years now -  I used to travel the world but the USCIS got me 'locked' up with this process of not being able to leave the country. Any way,  I am heading out on a road trip with my brother  on a RV  to Canada next weekend. Then I am off to England, Ukraine and Scotland  and Nigeria in December....You gotta envy me now!!

Arrrrrgggggg!!!😔😔😔 you didn't have to rub it in my face like that! Or else I'm teaming up with Lord Faqua😈 and Rasputin😈 to wreck havoc!💥💥💥😂😂😂😂😂😂 DWL or y'all can wait for me😝😝😝 so what's it gonna be?😏

Edited by Stillwinning!!!😊

Timeline

Arrrrrgggggg!!!😔😔😔 you didn't have to rub it in my face like that! Or else I'm teaming up with Lord Faqua😈 and Rasputin😈 to wreck havoc!💥💥💥😂😂😂😂😂😂 DWL or y'all can wait for me😝😝😝 so what's it gonna be?😏

Shotgun Ms.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.