Cata&Ben

August 2019 - AOS Fillers!

1,771 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DavidYule said:

So it only took USCIS 13 days to get back to me after RFE! Case is finally scheduled for an interview... but no EAD/AP yet. 

Did any of you guys have an interview but no EAD? Super curious.... 

BA38D262-D9B2-48C7-9036-CFB235822345.jpeg

I just want to make sure you understand the difference :) Your case isn’t scheduled for an interview yet. Your status is “ready to be scheduled”. You can be stuck with this status for a long time depending on your local office. Mine is around 15-18 months. If your office is slow you’ll most likely have your EAD prior to your interview. Fingers crossed! 

1 minute ago, RachelBounty said:

I just want to make sure you understand the difference :) Your case isn’t scheduled for an interview yet. Your status is “ready to be scheduled”. You can be stuck with this status for a long time depending on your local office. Mine is around 15-18 months. If your office is slow you’ll most likely have your EAD prior to your interview. Fingers crossed! 

Oh don’t I know it!! 

Was just curious if that’s a thing/possible. 

Sorry yours has been stuck like that, hopefully it moves along soon!!! 

8-22-19 Filled for AOS/AP/EAD.

9-1-19 Received NOAS.

9-18-19 Biometrics apt.

9-25-19 Fingerprints Review. 

12-22-19 RFE

1-8-20 RFE Received

1-24-20 Ready to be scheduled for an interview

2 -12-20 EAD Card is Being Produced

1 minute ago, DavidYule said:

Oh don’t I know it!! 

Was just curious if that’s a thing/possible. 

Sorry yours has been stuck like that, hopefully it moves along soon!!! 

Yeah, mine has been on ready to be scheduled for quite some time. It’s okay :) 

yeah, I mean essentially the EAD card is here to help out with the financial burden the GC wait can cause to some people. But I’m pleasantly surprised that many people get their GC before the EAD.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 1/25/2020 at 10:27 AM, gh0stgurl04 said:

anybody who had an RFIE and recieved their EAD yet ??

I got mine two weeks ago but I had no RFIE, I've been reading on the forum that the RFIE doesn't delay the EAD process though...

Timeline
On 1/24/2020 at 3:05 PM, MrsH23 said:

So I’m filling in an application for a job.. I got my ead on Saturday (January 18) when should I expect my social security number? 

If you requested it within the EAD's form it should arrive soon! if it takes time try calling the SSN office, I got my combo card Jan 17th and received the SSN by mail Jan 21st.

Timeline
On 1/23/2020 at 5:56 PM, BJM-SSM said:

Anyone from New Jersey (Newark field) waiting for interview or done for interview? 

I'm in NJ (Newark field office) and I'm waiting for my interview, I have "Case ready to be scheduled for an interview" 103 days ago...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I want to travel out of the US with the advance parole.....

Do I use my home country passport? Or forget about it?

Do I need to bring marriage certificate?

What else? Have you done it? Can you give me instructions?

2 minutes ago, Marcela Palomino said:

Do I use my home country passport?

Yes and book the flights in your passport name

2 minutes ago, Marcela Palomino said:

Always a good idea,

3 minutes ago, Marcela Palomino said:

What else?

Nothing to it.   Don't be surprised if you go thru secondary - but it will be quicker this time.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

Yes and book the flights in your passport name

Always a good idea,

Nothing to it.   Don't be surprised if you go thru secondary - but it will be quicker this time.

Thanks for your answer....why under my passport name? I got new last name my passport doesn't match AP  Card

16 minutes ago, Marcela Palomino said:

I want to travel out of the US with the advance parole.....

Do I use my home country passport? Or forget about it?

What else? Have you done it? Can you give me instructions?

Hi,

I just came back from UK two days ago. So if u are interested I can share my experience. When I arrived to US airport (it was directed flight from London to Houston), I provided for officer my home country passport, combo card, marriage certificate. He was looking for something , then he called other officer, said “soft” and I followed that another officer for secondary. I was waiting there like 15mins. I saw when He took folder with all my documents, I got stamp to my passport. Then officer called my last name, asked reason for traveling outside the US and gave me back all my documents. That’s all. I was kind of scared that for some reasons they won’t let me in back to the US. Also I got briefcase, so he told me do not forget to pay duty taxes at airport. It took for me one hour. This is the part when I got A LOT of questions. Why, when, how much, why do I need that, who paid for that etc . Anyway, after one hour almost they gave me receipt, I paid and left airport. 

Now I’m flying again back to Europe, will see, how I won’t get in trouble lol

best of luck for y’all 

Edited by B.V.
Mistake

5 minutes ago, Marcela Palomino said:

Thanks for your answer....why under my passport name?

Because you always fly under the passport name.   An air carrier will deny you boarding if the passport does not match the reservation.

6 minutes ago, Marcela Palomino said:

I got new last name my passport doesn't match AP  Card

You carry your marriage certificate copy as the link between the two.   You enter the US with the Passport and when asked present the AP card. 

If you want to travel under the name on your GC you need to get a new passport.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
1 minute ago, Paul & Mary said:

Because you always fly under the passport name.   An air carrier will deny you boarding if the passport does not match the reservation.

You carry your marriage certificate copy as the link between the two.   You enter the US with the Passport and when asked present the AP card. 

If you want to travel under the name on your GC you need to get a new passport.

Thank you....I'm a little hesitant about wether or not they'll let me in hahahaha ( I know wouldn't deny me though, but the doubt is there)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.