GOOOOOB

NOA2 received over thirty days ago and still nothing from NVC

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello my fiancee, who is the petitioner, received our K1 approval letter from USCIS on June 20th 2019 and so far we have heard nothing from the NVC. In the letter it states that she will be mailed a notification when NVC has sent the petition on the US consulate, it also states that a minimum of thirty days should be allowed before contacting the NVC to check on the status of our petition. As it has been almost 40 days she has sent an email to NVCINQUIRY@state.gov to try to find out the current status of our petition. 

Is it normal to wait for to mailed confirmation from NVC or should we be calling them and sending them emails to get the process moving? Can people who have been through this process share their experiences, please?

After the excitement of the USCIS approval letter this last moth and a bit has just been waiting around... I feel as though me and my fiancee could be doing something more at the moment. Maybe I'm wrong and we need to continue to wait. Anyway, any information will be greatly appreciated!  

Thank you!

34 minutes ago, Adam.T said:

Hello my fiancee, who is the petitioner, received our K1 approval letter from USCIS on June 20th 2019 and so far we have heard nothing from the NVC. In the letter it states that she will be mailed a notification when NVC has sent the petition on the US consulate, it also states that a minimum of thirty days should be allowed before contacting the NVC to check on the status of our petition. As it has been almost 40 days she has sent an email to NVCINQUIRY@state.gov to try to find out the current status of our petition. 

Is it normal to wait for to mailed confirmation from NVC or should we be calling them and sending them emails to get the process moving? Can people who have been through this process share their experiences, please?

After the excitement of the USCIS approval letter this last moth and a bit has just been waiting around... I feel as though me and my fiancee could be doing something more at the moment. Maybe I'm wrong and we need to continue to wait. Anyway, any information will be greatly appreciated!  

Thank you!

Yes you should be calling NVC and should have sent an email updating your email address. Head on over to this thread if you are not already there ad read te .pdf file it will give you tips and things to do at the NVC stage:

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Uganda
Timeline

Personally I decided to call the NVC to obtain my case number and do the CEAC tracking. My NVC physical letter came to my address almost a month and a half late- I'd already received my packet 3 from the Embassy by the time the physical letter from the NVC arrived.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Call them at +1 603 334 0888 and ask about the status of your petition.

"Life is a journey." At this moment, it's taking me to the USA to the woman I love.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Adam.T said:

I feel as though me and my fiancee could be doing something more at the moment.

Your fianceé could be gettting the I-134 prepared and in the mail to you.

You can order your police certificate from ACRO and get the things needed from your GP in preparation for your visa medical. See the list of what is needed to attend the medical in London. 

http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-bring.htm

Do get the shots needed for AOS before your medical so you can get signed off. There's four shots on the adult list but you can get two waived 1) Varicella if you've had chickenpox, 2) Influenza if you attend your medical before Oct 1 when flu season begins.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Do get the shots needed for AOS before your medical so you can get signed off. There's four shots on the adult list but you can get two waived 1) Varicella if you've had chickenpox, 2) Influenza if you attend your medical before Oct 1 when flu season begins.

Thanks for the information! Where would I find the list of shots needed? Is it on the department of state website?

Does the I-134 need to be mailed? As I'm going over to see her in three weeks and I could bring the completed form, with required evidence, back with me.

Timeline
1 hour ago, cywrainide said:

Personally I decided to call the NVC to obtain my case number and do the CEAC tracking. My NVC physical letter came to my address almost a month and a half late- I'd already received my packet 3 from the Embassy by the time the physical letter from the NVC arrived.

I was thinking that's what we'd have to do! Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Adam.T said:

Thanks for the information! Where would I find the list of shots needed? Is it on the department of state website?

Does the I-134 need to be mailed? As I'm going over to see her in three weeks and I could bring the completed form, with required evidence, back with me.

I-134 goes to the interview, so get it when you visit. 

Here are the shots needed for 19 through 59 years of age. 

• Td or Tdap - Tetanus/diptheria/pertussis or get DT, DTP or DtaP and it will be accepted. The latest shot must be no longer than 10 years ago or you need a booster. 
  • MMR - (if born in 1957 or later)-Mumps/measles/rubella.  
  • Varicella - Not routinely given in the UK . A history of having chickenpox excuses you from the shot. They take your word for it at the visa medical exam. They will also waive the shot in the UK for "not routinely available". That works for spouse visas but not fiancés who could get the shot after POE and go to a civil surgeon to sign off. 
  • Influenza - Required during flu season only, October 1 through March 31.  If your medical is not during flu season, it is waived.

The chart is on page 8 of this vaccination document from the visa medical technical instructions https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/Vaccine-TI-Panel-Physicians-H.pdf

Note: you only need the age appropriate shots. You don't have to have a record of all the shots in the big list you'll see or make up any baby shots. As long as you address the four shots for adults with either a record or a waiver, then you're good. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

I-134 goes to the interview, so get it when you visit. 

Here are the shots needed for 19 through 59 years of age. 

• Td or Tdap - Tetanus/diptheria/pertussis or get DT, DTP or DtaP and it will be accepted. The latest shot must be no longer than 10 years ago or you need a booster. 
  • MMR - (if born in 1957 or later)-Mumps/measles/rubella.  
  • Varicella - Not routinely given in the UK . A history of having chickenpox excuses you from the shot. They take your word for it at the visa medical exam. They will also waive the shot in the UK for "not routinely available". That works for spouse visas but not fiancés who could get the shot after POE and go to a civil surgeon to sign off. 
  • Influenza - Required during flu season only, October 1 through March 31.  If your medical is not during flu season, it is waived.

The chart is on page 8 of this vaccination document from the visa medical technical instructions https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/Vaccine-TI-Panel-Physicians-H.pdf

Note: you only need the age appropriate shots. You don't have to have a record of all the shots in the big list you'll see or make up any baby shots. As long as you address the four shots for adults with either a record or a waiver, then you're good. 

Thank you! You've been a great help! This is very handy information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.