William&Emily

Interview info!

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all! 

I have my interview next week and I also have all the paperwork. 

To make life easier for myself does anyone know/remember what paperwork they needed when? So I can put it in a good order?

I-129F Sent : 2019-02-11

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:
Interview date: 
Entered the US:

Filed AOS/EAD/AP:

NOA1:

Biometrics App:
RFE:

RFE Responded:

2019-02-20

2019-05-12
2019-08-01

2019-09-08

2019-12-19

2020-01-10

2020-01-30

2020-02-13

2020-02-16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Passport

Birth Certificate

Adoption Certificate (if applicable)

Change of Name by Deed Poll (if applicable)

Police Certificate for the United Kingdom (ACRO)

Affidavit of Support

Petition Affirmation Letter (if applicable)

Divorce Decree or Death Certificate (if applicable)

Police Certificate for other countries (if applicable)

Court and Prison Records (if applicable)

Military Records (if applicable)

Photographs

20 hours ago, fip & jim said:

Passport

Birth Certificate

Adoption Certificate (if applicable)

Change of Name by Deed Poll (if applicable)

Police Certificate for the United Kingdom (ACRO)

Affidavit of Support

Petition Affirmation Letter (if applicable)

Divorce Decree or Death Certificate (if applicable)

Police Certificate for other countries (if applicable)

Court and Prison Records (if applicable)

Military Records (if applicable)

Photographs

Photographs being the US passport photos or something else?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Oaftobark said:

Photographs being the US passport photos or something else?

Photos of you with your fiance. It's secondary evidence though. The interviewer never asked to see mine.

- US-sized passport photo - easy to get done at most local photography stores. Mine was £8 for a set of 4 and I was in and out within 10 minutes

- Printout of your DS-160 confirmation page

- Confirmation of appointment date and time (should be the email you received, print it out) 

- Evidence with your Affidavit of Support form (eg. fiance's tax returns, letter from employer, bank account info - whichever documents you're using to prove their income)

May be good to have (but may or may not need): 

- Confirmation of case number (eg. printout of NVC email, letter from embassy - anything official with your case number on)

- Instruction email from Visa Information Service (received 5 days before my interview) - includes address of embassy, detailed instructions on various ways to get there, and what not to bring

- Extra photocopies of original documents like your passport, birth certificate and police certificate - always good to have just in case

- Old passport if applicable - I think it was my interview confirmation email that mentioned this, though others have mentioned they didn't need it and weren't asked for it. Threw it in my folder anyway because I prefer to be over-prepared. 

My interview is on Monday so this is just what I've gathered together and will be taking to mine! 

Edited by futurecoloradogrl

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
On 7/26/2019 at 12:26 PM, William&Emily said:

To make life easier for myself does anyone know/remember what paperwork they needed when? So I can put it in a good order?

General tip: If you have a choice of lines, always pick Immigrant. Usually the shorter line. The Immigrant Visa Unit is conducting your interview even though you Visa will be non-immigrant. 

When you get in line outside, your interview confirmation shows you have an appointment and have your passport handy. Security booth may ask for same.

Inside reception desk person will want to see your interview confirmation again and will put stickers with you number for the day...like an Argos ticket that they will call out when your time comes.

You turn in all documentation at the first window called to. That is a document collector/organizer. That is not the interview ---confirmation, passport, birth certificate,  police certificate, passport photo, I-134, etc. No photocopies of anything are needed. No relationship stuff or anything from the petition.

That's it for turning in things. Second window called is the interview. They just take your fingerprints. They don't want to see any proof of relationship in London. No trips, no engagement, no photos. 

Here's one of my favorite tales of the day...

Timeline

Thank you guys :)
I'm so excited but also so nervous haha. 

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:
Interview date: 
Entered the US:

Filed AOS/EAD/AP:

NOA1:

Biometrics App:
RFE:

RFE Responded:

2019-02-20

2019-05-12
2019-08-01

2019-09-08

2019-12-19

2020-01-10

2020-01-30

2020-02-13

2020-02-16

Timeline
On 7/29/2019 at 5:17 PM, Natasha19 said:

Good luck 🤗 when is it this week? Let us know how it all goes.

It's on Thursday! 

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:
Interview date: 
Entered the US:

Filed AOS/EAD/AP:

NOA1:

Biometrics App:
RFE:

RFE Responded:

2019-02-20

2019-05-12
2019-08-01

2019-09-08

2019-12-19

2020-01-10

2020-01-30

2020-02-13

2020-02-16

Timeline

All done and approved!!! Yey!!! So happy

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:
Interview date: 
Entered the US:

Filed AOS/EAD/AP:

NOA1:

Biometrics App:
RFE:

RFE Responded:

2019-02-20

2019-05-12
2019-08-01

2019-09-08

2019-12-19

2020-01-10

2020-01-30

2020-02-13

2020-02-16

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Oaftobark said:

Thats great news, so happy for you.  

What did they ask for? And what qiestions were asked?

Thanks in advance

Hi :)
So they asked for my DS160 and passport at the bit outside, then at the first window just my ds160. 
Then I went upstairs, my number was called and they asked for the ds160, passport, birth cert (original), 1 photo, the i-134 stuff and my police cert. They asked me a few questions like where did we meet and what do I do as a job and what do i wanna do out there, when am i getting married. And I was given my xray envelope. 
I then was asked to sit and wait again. The next woman gave me some paperwork back and then asked similar questions i guess to make sure they match the previous and then also asked when i was last there. She checked through some of the paperwork and then said it was all done. 
I know no matter what you'll be nervous but it was relatively painless so you have nothing to worry about if your case is straight forward and legit :)

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:
Interview date: 
Entered the US:

Filed AOS/EAD/AP:

NOA1:

Biometrics App:
RFE:

RFE Responded:

2019-02-20

2019-05-12
2019-08-01

2019-09-08

2019-12-19

2020-01-10

2020-01-30

2020-02-13

2020-02-16

13 minutes ago, William&Emily said:

Hi :)
So they asked for my DS160 and passport at the bit outside, then at the first window just my ds160. 
Then I went upstairs, my number was called and they asked for the ds160, passport, birth cert (original), 1 photo, the i-134 stuff and my police cert. They asked me a few questions like where did we meet and what do I do as a job and what do i wanna do out there, when am i getting married. And I was given my xray envelope. 
I then was asked to sit and wait again. The next woman gave me some paperwork back and then asked similar questions i guess to make sure they match the previous and then also asked when i was last there. She checked through some of the paperwork and then said it was all done. 
I know no matter what you'll be nervous but it was relatively painless so you have nothing to worry about if your case is straight forward and legit :)

Thanks for the reply, glad to hear it was a painless experience. One more question,  for the i134 stuff can you remember if they asked for the w2's?  We have tax transcripts, pay stubs and employment verification letters for both sponsors but not all the w2's, thats my only real worry at this point 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Oaftobark said:

Thanks for the reply, glad to hear it was a painless experience. One more question,  for the i134 stuff can you remember if they asked for the w2's?  We have tax transcripts, pay stubs and employment verification letters for both sponsors but not all the w2's, thats my only real worry at this point 

They didn't. I included the i 134, letter from employer, bank statements, pay stubs, w2. But i feel like as long as you have the other stuff you should be ok

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:
Interview date: 
Entered the US:

Filed AOS/EAD/AP:

NOA1:

Biometrics App:
RFE:

RFE Responded:

2019-02-20

2019-05-12
2019-08-01

2019-09-08

2019-12-19

2020-01-10

2020-01-30

2020-02-13

2020-02-16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.