17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My Fiance 

1:Recently got a divorce, her ex husband has his conditional greencard

How does that effect our case ? 

2: If they are no longer together and we are filing for the CR1
Can she still sponsor me ?
Is she able to revoke her sponsorship if he abandoned her? She is the 3rd sponsor
 How does this affect us??

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Ikbal93 said:

My Fiance 

1:Recently got a divorce, her ex husband has his conditional greencard

How does that effect our case ? 

2: If they are no longer together and we are filing for the CR1
Can she still sponsor me ?
Is she able to revoke her sponsorship if he abandoned her? She is the 3rd sponsor
 How does this affect us??

Divorce doesn't terminate the affidavit of support 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is ex-husband also from Morocco?

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

She can sponsor as many immigrants as her income will allow based on her household size plus any previous sponsorships.

YMMV

2 hours ago, Ikbal93 said:

My fiancée has an income of more than 24000$ a year and she is caring for someone else. Is this not important or should you seek another sponsor to help her? 

The income is derived from the amount of dependents listed on your tax return (1040). Using it apply it to the scale and see if you are above. Many Embassy will except that you are above the poverty line for your dependent total. Some require it to be a lot higher. I think Morocco is problematic for this item. Since I am not totally well versed in the Morocco interview process I will let someone else add their experience.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

There is not enough information here for anyone to answer this 

1.  does the person she care for have their own income (like social security or disability from a job or SSI)?

2.  is the other person declared as a dependent on her tax returns?

3.  does the other person have their own health insurance or does she have to provide it as Casa will ask (and this does not show as any question on applications)

4.  is this a child or adult ?  

5.  Does she have to take time off from job for caring of this person?

6.  you also say she recently divorced and he has a green card so she is responsible for that affidavit of support )  and this will affect the interview

7.  was he also from Morocco (K1 or CR1)?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

لا توجد معلومات كافية هنا لأي شخص للإجابة على هذا 

1. هل يحصل الشخص الذي تهتم به على دخل خاص به (مثل الضمان الاجتماعي أو الإعاقة من وظيفة أو مباحث أمن الدولة)؟

2. هل الشخص الآخر أعلن أنه يعتمد على الإقرارات الضريبية؟

3. هل لدى الشخص الآخر تأمين صحي خاص به أو هل يتعين عليه تقديمه كما ستطلب Casa (وهذا لا يظهر كأي سؤال في الطلبات)

4. هل هذا طفل أم بالغ؟  

5. هل يجب عليها أخذ إجازة من العمل لرعاية هذا الشخص؟

6. أنت أيضًا تقول إنها مطلقة مؤخرًا ولديها بطاقة خضراء لذا فهي مسؤولة عن الشهادة الخطية للدعم) وسيؤثر هذا على المقابلة

7. هل كان أيضًا من المغرب (K1 أو CR1)؟

The person is her ex husband he came here on a cr1 but abandoned her. They are divorced. She will not sign for him in the future, she was the 3rd sponsor. He has 2 other sponsors. He is working and has his own SS card. He is not a dependent, she filed single, he has his own health insurance not on hers. He only has his conditional green Card 2 year.! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ikbal93 said:

why this will affect the interview for what reason?

In your other post, you asked about the former spouse and were told by a very reliable  VJ member that

She can sponsor as many immigrants as her income will allow based on her household size plus any previous sponsorships.

this information on the other CR1 will be in the computer 

from your answer i do not know if she claims the person she cares for or if that person lives in her house or she can show that person has their own income and only relies on her for care 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

In your other post, you asked about the former spouse and were told by a very reliable  VJ member that

this information on the other CR1 will be in the computer 

from your answer i do not know if she claims the person she cares for or if that person lives in her house or she can show that person has their own income and only relies on her for care 

Just excuse your English she does not care for anyone I used the wrong word ing I apologize

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 hours ago, Ikbal93 said:

My fiancée has an income of more than 24000$ a year and she is caring for someone else. Is this not important or should you seek another sponsor to help her? 

Yes, you will need another co-sponsor.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.