Christana

Report of Marriage.

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do we still have to report our marriage in the Philippine Embassy if we got married here in the US? 

Edited by Tekana

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the  Regional forum, from K1 P&P - This is a country specific question~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

5 minutes ago, Tekana said:

Do we still have to report our marriage in the Philippine Embassy if we got married here in the US? 

You are supposed to, if you delay 1 year or more you have to provide an explanation why. In the greater scheme of things living here it does not matter.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

You are supposed to, if you delay 1 year or more you have to provide an explanation why. In the greater scheme of things living here it does not matter.

Thanks for the info 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Christana said:

At the PI consulate in Houston 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Christana said:

Only if you want to, not required.  If you want to keep things up to date in the Philippines .. then yes complete ROM

Most obvious reason to complete ROM would be getting the Philippine passport in your married name.   If you have kids in your future you will want ROM completed before that, makes filing ROB go smoother.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Only if you want to, not required.  If you want to keep things up to date in the Philippines .. then yes complete ROM

Most obvious reason to complete ROM would be getting the Philippine passport in your married name.   If you have kids in your future you will want ROM completed before that, makes filing ROB go smoother.

Thanks a lot.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/23/2019 at 4:16 PM, Hank_ said:

Hello, my fiancé and I are looking into ROM now. Does ROB mean Report of Birth, like I have to declare to the Philippine government if and when I have children here in the US? Also, why is it relevant to update the Philippine passport with the married name, and what other purposes does ROM serve?

14 minutes ago, Del A. said:

Hello, my fiancé and I are looking into ROM now. Does ROB mean Report of Birth, like I have to declare to the Philippine government if and when I have children here in the US? Also, why is it relevant to update the Philippine passport with the married name, and what other purposes does ROM serve?

ROB is reporting your child's birth to the Philippine government so that they are recognized as Philippine citizens. The only good thing that ROM does for you is that you can get your passport in your married name that is it.

16 minutes ago, Del A. said:

Makes life simpler to go by 1 name regardless of where you are, the other option is to carry supporting documents to describe the differences, totally your choice

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Del A. said:

Some don't bother with ROM, but if you have plans to stayed "connected" to the Philippines it is something you want to do ( and you must follow traditional naming format).   My wife did it to get her passport in her married name, and later to put land in her married name.  

And yes ROB is report of birth .. this is important for guaranteeing a child's dual citizenship.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.