Zoltan K

Bangkok visa interview availability

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

just as recent as a month ago the Bangkok embassy was scheduling K visa interviews 2 weeks out.

unfortunately summer vacation and probably staffing issues happened there and they got backed up, so now they are scheduling 2 months out.. :(

here is a response I received from the IV scheduling unit:

"We do not have visa interview appointment on the requested date. There is no visa interview for the first and second week of August. The schedule is fully booked until SEPT 12, 2019"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Zoltan K said:

just as recent as a month ago the Bangkok embassy was scheduling K visa interviews 2 weeks out.

unfortunately summer vacation and probably staffing issues happened there and they got backed up, so now they are scheduling 2 months out.. :(

"We do not have visa interview appointment on the requested date. There is no visa interview for the first and second week of August. The schedule is fully booked until SEPT 12, 2019"

Same for me here 🥺😞 they put my appointment on Sep 26 . 2 months and half from now . But what we can do !!

Timeline
19 hours ago, Zoltan K said:

I noticed that also. I was sure our interview would happen in 2 to 3 weeks, but ours was scheduled almost 7 weeks out. I emailed them asking if it was a mistake. Nope. 🙄

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

We had the same issue of having to wait about two months between completing Packet 3 and having the interview scheduled. In the end the timing worked out great for us.  It'll happen for you too.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

medical passed today, fiancee has the envelops and the embassy called and offered a month earlier appointment, so now we are scheduled for Aug 19th!

they did that because we have 2 kids and I told them we are trying to get them to the USA for the beginning of the school year, so they don't miss too much or arrive too late when the class already formed with friendships established.

less than 3 weeks to go :)

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Great news!  Congratulations!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

I received the below message in email from the Thai Post Office. Could anyone shed some light on how the tracking works in Thailand?

How could I track this package?

พาสปอร์ตท่านอยู่ระหว่างจัดส่งไปรษณีย์จากแผนกกงสุลสหรัฐฯ

image.thumb.png.5b7347a8085d5fbd84ffec2f808fc737.png

Edited by Zoltan K

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:59 PM, Zoltan K said:

interview passed and visa approved verbally. Passports should be back in a few days :)

I'm flying to Thailand this coming Friday, so this will be fun :)

Congratulations!  I'm very happy for you.  I'm glad that your interview was able to be moved up! 

Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

Timeline

Thank you, I see you also passed and getting ready for the big move!

I'm arriving to Thailand today. If everything goes well we will enter the USA in LAX on Saturday, Aug 31st :)

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Have anyone reached out to the embassy to have their interview date changed? Which email should I use to make this request? 

Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.