billding

Going to K1 interview with fiance (USC petitioner)

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think you've received already excellent advice from others and I will not contradict what anyone else has contributed.  Personally, in our case, I believe it was absolutely beneficial to be present during the process and more importantly during the interview.  I can honestly say that I don't believe the outcome would have been the same if I had not been there.  This was almost 4 years ago, and times do change and perhaps they have.  But nevertheless, I'm confident being there was absolutely beneficial for the successful outcome of this interview. 

If anyone wants more information, feel free to message us offline.

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

That was the same when I was there, only asked my wife a couple questions, then keep chatting with me.  :lol:  

What are you a wake-up away from flying time ?

Safe Travels

Their flight leaves NAIA in 7 hours (8:20 am their time).  I think I am prepared.  I have to call and wake them in 2 hours.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Their flight leaves NAIA in 7 hours (8:20 am their time).  I think I am prepared.  I have to call and wake them in 2 hours.

Woohoo.  So glad the day is  finally here. And in time for a few weeks of down time before school starts for the kids. ENJOY !!! Shouting our loud  intended 😁😁😁 

11 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Woohoo.  So glad the day is  finally here. And in time for a few weeks of down time before school starts for the kids. ENJOY !!! Shouting our loud  intended 😁😁😁 

Yep, we made it in time to start school at the beginning of the year!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
27 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

FINALLY!!

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

It was only 770 days...or 110 weeks...or 25 months and 10 days...or 2 years one month and 10 days!!!

What a long, strange trip its been.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

I know a few others that got all the way through the interview and were denied, came back with the CR visa like you did ...   it is a very long haul.

Ya know I have been rooting for y'all !

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

4 hours ago, Hank_ said:

I know a few others that got all the way through the interview and were denied, came back with the CR visa like you did ...   it is a very long haul.

Ya know I have been rooting for y'all !

Hi Hank do you know why they got denied? I understand what happened in John & Rose's case but were there people denied because their relationship didn't seem bona fide, even if the USC petitioner went with them to interview?

Our case doesn't have any red flags as far as the regular red flags go, our worry is just in the amount face time and being able to paint the legitimacy of our relationship. Thanks!

Timeline
43 minutes ago, TXBill said:

Hi Hank do you know why they got denied? I understand what happened in John & Rose's case but were there people denied because their relationship didn't seem bona fide, even if the USC petitioner went with them to interview?

Our case doesn't have any red flags as far as the regular red flags go, our worry is just in the amount face time and being able to paint the legitimacy of our relationship. Thanks!

The last one that came through that I chatted with was denied because the CO didn't feel the relationship was genuine .. but then she blew most of the questions .. got too nervous I guess.   

You are K-1?   Most only have a week or two of actual "face time" and that is when the kano flew over to "actually meet in person" .    Knowing each other, the details is key.   I suggest to make sure your fiancee has a copy of the I-129F petition you completed as the BIO section about you will be very helpful.

Your parents names, kids if you have them from a past marriage.   

They may ask questions about where you work and live. What work you do.   Is it a house or an apartment.  Car you drive even.

Details of your life, mostly stuff you would talk about with your "special someone"

The interview is 3-5 minutes usually ... if you have a genuine relationship and she really knows you .. there won't be an issue in that area.

With John & Rose .. it was all John's fault.  John & Rose didn't let it slow them down ... His wife and kids are most likely in the air as I type.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 7/15/2019 at 7:56 AM, TXBill said:

Thank you to everyone who replied! 

In our case, my fiance (petitioner) might not be able to take a leave from work right away. So, if we decided that he'll come to the interview with me, we might have to schedule the interview at a later date ( 2 weeks or so from the earliest available date).

Do you guys think it's worth a little more wait? We're concerned since we've only met twice (last year and just before filing, for a total of 20 days) and having him come to the interview might help out with that. 

It seems like waiting 2 weeks more for the interview is better than getting a 221g or a refusal.

Thoughts?

There are K1s that are approved that have only met once for a few days))) Just make sure she knows about you and your life and can answer questions confidently about it. You will be fine. Good Luck!

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

13 hours ago, Hank_ said:

The last one that came through that I chatted with was denied because the CO didn't feel the relationship was genuine .. but then she blew most of the questions .. got too nervous I guess.   

You are K-1?   Most only have a week or two of actual "face time" and that is when the kano flew over to "actually meet in person" .    Knowing each other, the details is key.   I suggest to make sure your fiancee has a copy of the I-129F petition you completed as the BIO section about you will be very helpful.

Your parents names, kids if you have them from a past marriage.   

They may ask questions about where you work and live. What work you do.   Is it a house or an apartment.  Car you drive even.

Details of your life, mostly stuff you would talk about with your "special someone"

The interview is 3-5 minutes usually ... if you have a genuine relationship and she really knows you .. there won't be an issue in that area.

With John & Rose .. it was all John's fault.  John & Rose didn't let it slow them down ... His wife and kids are most likely in the air as I type.

Thanks Hank! That's really helpful! You're website has helped us out a lot too!

4 minutes ago, boris64 said:

There are K1s that are approved that have only met once for a few days))) Just make sure she knows about you and your life and can answer questions confidently about it. You will be fine. Good Luck!

Thanks! Yup, we're doing our best to get ready!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.