Mozan

I-130 Spouse visa for Spouse in UK

12 posts in this topic

Hi, All 

I am Permanent Resident of USA my Wife is in UK she is not UK citizen but she has uk traveling document as her asylum application was approved 4 year ago. 

We got married in April and I am applying for her spouse Visa.

As far as I know.I have to file I-130 and I-130A for her from USA and she don't have to apply from UK. 

Once her petition is approved that will take 6 to 8 month She will to apply for Visa in UK and she will go for fingerprints and then for Interview.

I have following questions.

1-    I want to know What document do I need to submit with I-130. I have Mirrage certificate from Registrar of Council where our wedding was registered, Wedding Pictures and Air tickets that prove out trip to Switzerland for Honeymoon. but right now we don't have joint financial assets and bank account as she is in UK not in USA.Do you think I have to submit other documents that our wedding is bonafide? Can any one share the list of documents that he/she shared and got petition approved.

2- Do I also have to go for fingerprints in USA?

2-    How much time it usually takes for green card holder to bring spouse in USA and I came to know as she is in UK she can apply in UK embassy and it will take less time? 

Thanks in Advance. 

Spreadsheet for LPR who submitted I130 for Spouses

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KsBcID5fvbKZklNtslfrp7dy8NbgmWXyPcwreFuSng4/

Married on April 18th 2019 in UK as Permanent Resident

130 filed on Aug 1st 2019- Denied Due to printed on outdated form thats was expired on July 31st 2019

130 filed again on Aug 13 2019 

1-797C received with Notice date 08/16/2019

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to Brining Family Members of Permanent Residents to America forum.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

In September 2020 I will complete five year of My PR. Basically my asylum case was accepted 5 year ago but due to some typing error it took more than a year to approve my Green card. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KsBcID5fvbKZklNtslfrp7dy8NbgmWXyPcwreFuSng4/

130 filed on Aug 1st 2019- Denied Due to printed on outdated form thats was expired on July 31st 2019

For the documents required, please read the instructions that accompany the I-130 form on the USCIS website. This is not something where you guess, it’s important that you read every word of the instructions. Mistakes will cost a lot of time and money. 

You may need to be fingerprinted in the US but not usually. Would that be a problem for you if you were? It’s usually only people with certain criminal records or with a name similar to someone with that record that would be fingerprinted. 

Expect the whole deal to take 2 years. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

May be a situation where  there could be an extended AP.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

53 minutes ago, JFH said:

For the documents required, please read the instructions that accompany the I-130 form on the USCIS website. This is not something where you guess, it’s important that you read every word of the instructions. Mistakes will cost a lot of time and money. 

You may need to be fingerprinted in the US but not usually. Would that be a problem for you if you were? It’s usually only people with certain criminal records or with a name similar to someone with that record that would be fingerprinted. 

Expect the whole deal to take 2 years. 

I have red the instructions and they asked 

NOTE: In addition to the required documentation listed above, you should submit one or more of the following types of documentation that may prove you have a bona fide marriage:

1. (1)  Documentation showing joint ownership of property;

2. (2)  A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence, meaning you both live at the same address together;

3. (3)  Documentation showing that you and your spouse have combined your financial resources;

4. (4)  Birth certificates of children born to you and your spouse together;

5. (5)  Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship. Each affidavit must contain the full name and address of the person making the affidavit; date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit; and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage; or

6. (6)  Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union.

NOTE: You must submit clear and convincing evidence that you and your spouse entered into the marriage in good faith and not for immigration purposes if you married your spouse while your spouse was the subject of an exclusion, deportation, removal, or rescission proceeding (including during the judicial review of any one of these proceedings); or you are a lawful permanent resident that obtained your permanent residence through a prior marriage that was not determined by the death of your spouse and you are filing your petition for your spouse that you were married within five years of obtaining your permanent residence."

As my Spouse in UK I don't have Joint has joint bank account or financial asset, Is any one inthis forum whos pitison was approved without any additional documents from 1 to 5.  

I will submit Trips that we made after honey moon and our whats app conversation as No. 6.

Regards

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Mozan said:

As my Spouse in UK I don't have Joint has joint bank account or financial asset, Is any one inthis forum whos pitison was approved without any additional documents from 1 to 5.  

I will submit Trips that we made after honey moon and our whats app conversation as No. 6.

Regards

She can still be added even though she is in the UK many have added their spouse to their things 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You have plenty of time to build up a good case.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

47 minutes ago, Mozan said:

Regards

You can’t send what you don’t have. We didn’t have a joint bank account when we filed and we were approved. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

3 minutes ago, JFH said:

You can’t send what you don’t have. We didn’t have a joint bank account when we filed and we were approved. 

Can you please share what did you send when you file i-130 form.?

Thanks. 

On 7/14/2019 at 3:35 PM, Mozan said:

whats app conversation as No. 6.

This type of thing is nominally important as compared to actual time spent together.  As many visits as you can do in the next two years will help.  Save your tickets and passport stamps as supporting evidence.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.