capzgwapz

Non-Immigrant Visa + Immigrant Visa

13 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I'm kinda new here and I would like to greet everyone a nice day. I have a question, can I file for a Non-Immigrant Visa (B2 Visa-Tourism) even if my wife had filed for my Immigrant Visa (Form I-130A)? Looking forward for your response. Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
23 minutes ago, capzgwapz said:

can I file for a Non-Immigrant Visa (B2 Visa-Tourism) even if my wife had filed for my Immigrant Visa (Form I-130A)?

You can apply, yes.  The chance of being approved for the B visa will depend on you showing compelling ties to return to your home country after visiting the US.  What ties do you have?

With a USC spouse, and a pending i-30, this chance lessens a bit due to strong ties to the US and the already shown immigrant intent---but it is possible, people have been approved before.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Going through said:

You can apply, yes.  The chance of being approved for the B visa will depend on you showing compelling ties to return to your home country after visiting the US.  What ties do you have?

With a USC spouse, and a pending i-30, this chance lessens a bit due to strong ties to the US and the already shown immigrant intent---but it is possible, people have been approved before.

Ties? i don't get Sir.. can I say that I'll be visiting my Wife and 3 Children this coming Christmas  Season for I haven't been with them for 2 years? I'll be returning to my home country after the holiday season.

4 minutes ago, capzgwapz said:

Ties? i don't get Sir.. can I say that I'll be visiting my Wife and 3 Children this coming Christmas  Season for I haven't been with them for 2 years? I'll be returning to my home country after the holiday season.

Ties to your home county, it is clear that you have ties to the US.

For example: a job that requires you to come back (maybe a letter from your employer might add a little weight to that), house payments, etc. Anything that you can think of to satisfy the CO at the interview that you will not stay in the US beyond your authorized stay.

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Timeline
Just now, capzgwapz said:

Ties---as in what compels you to return to your home country---your employment, home ownership, etc.

You visiting your wife and kids are your reasons for traveling, which is fine---the CO will be focused on your reasons for returning to the Philippines.

Unfortunately, CO won't necessarily care that you haven't seen your spouse/kids, they are not in the habit of giving out visas based on compassion for others.  

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Daphne K said:

Ties to your home county, it is clear that you have ties to the US.

For example: a job that requires you to come back (maybe a letter from your employer might add a little weight to that), house payments, etc. Anything that you can think of to satisfy the CO at the interview that you will not stay in the US beyond your authorized stay.

3 minutes ago, Going through said:

Ties---as in what compels you to return to your home country---your employment, home ownership, etc.

You visiting your wife and kids are your reasons for traveling, which is fine---the CO will be focused on your reasons for returning to the Philippines.

Unfortunately, CO won't necessarily care that you haven't seen your spouse/kids, they are not in the habit of giving out visas based on compassion for others.  

Ohh.. I get it. Thanks for the solid inputs! Maybe for now all I have to do is to prepare all the necessary documents to prove that I'll be returning to my home country. Again, Thank you for your guidance. 

1 minute ago, capzgwapz said:

Ohh.. I get it. Thanks for the solid inputs! Maybe for now all I have to do is to prepare all the necessary documents to prove that I'll be returning to my home country. Again, Thank you for your guidance. 

Wishing you good luck! 🤞🏻

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

*** Moved from Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas to "Tourist Visa" section

*** Please do not post the same question more than once on the forum.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
30 minutes ago, capzgwapz said:

Just be aware that the CO is not obligated to look at any documents you bring to the interview---this is largely because there's no way for the CO to verify the authenticity of any document on-the-spot.  

2 hours ago, capzgwapz said:

Hello Everyone,

I'm kinda new here and I would like to greet everyone a nice day. I have a question, can I file for a Non-Immigrant Visa (B2 Visa-Tourism) even if my wife had filed for my Immigrant Visa (Form I-130A)? Looking forward for your response. Thanks in advance.

You can go to YouTube and US Embassy in Manila has many videos they have put on line. They have said if you have a Fiancé/Spousal visa already filed then it is more difficult to get approved.  And they odds were already stacked against you in the first place just trying to get a Tourist Visa from PI.

It only cost $160 and your time and effort going to the interview to find out the answer

ChickBoy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We did the same in Colombia so my wife could travel to the US and meet my family over Christmas. My wife was waiting for the I-130 and CR1 visa to progress and we applied for a tourist visa. They denied her on the spot for a tourist visa and the consular officer chuckled and said she has to wait for the CR1. The chances are extremely low or non existent from a country like Colombia or the Philippines. Right on the DS 160 is asks if you have any denials or other immigration proceedings to disclose and you NEED to disclose any other immigration proceedings because if you don't it could cause you to not have the I-130 approved. Save the money and just wait it out for the I-130.

Timeline
18 hours ago, Going through said:

Just be aware that the CO is not obligated to look at any documents you bring to the interview---this is largely because there's no way for the CO to verify the authenticity of any document on-the-spot.  

17 hours ago, Falcon Cara said:

You can go to YouTube and US Embassy in Manila has many videos they have put on line. They have said if you have a Fiancé/Spousal visa already filed then it is more difficult to get approved.  And they odds were already stacked against you in the first place just trying to get a Tourist Visa from PI.

It only cost $160 and your time and effort going to the interview to find out the answer

10 hours ago, DylanandLaura said:

We did the same in Colombia so my wife could travel to the US and meet my family over Christmas. My wife was waiting for the I-130 and CR1 visa to progress and we applied for a tourist visa. They denied her on the spot for a tourist visa and the consular officer chuckled and said she has to wait for the CR1. The chances are extremely low or non existent from a country like Colombia or the Philippines. Right on the DS 160 is asks if you have any denials or other immigration proceedings to disclose and you NEED to disclose any other immigration proceedings because if you don't it could cause you to not have the I-130 approved. Save the money and just wait it out for the I-130.

Thank you all for the tips and advise. Now I am weighing the odds of being denied and wanting to see and be with my family this coming Christmas holidays.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.