7 posts in this topic

Hello there,

this is is my first time posting here, my fiancé and I are scheduled to get a NOA2 at the end of this month, and I was wondering what you guys thought based on experience from the information I’ll provide. 

He’s 20 and I’m 22, we’re very inexperienced but we’ve read a lot about the process and have done it all ourselves (with monetary help from our parents who luckily support us).

We met online, he has lived in my country for a year now (he stays here with a tourist permit), he can’t work here and didn’t work for long in America considering he was a teenager still. We’re planning on getting his mom to co-sponsor us. 

I was wondering if any of that sounds like a red flag for you guys. I am open to answer any questions to help. 

Thank you in advance!

Edited by JLRamos

I cannot comment on your specific country, but my fiancé and I are also on the younger side and we always joke how it is usually older men with younger women, for her country. I am very inexperienced in this process, but we have some great members on here that will basically hold your hand and help you get the process done. Good luck!

5 minutes ago, Zach2015 said:

I cannot comment on your specific country, but my fiancé and I are also on the younger side and we always joke how it is usually older men with younger women, for her country. I am very inexperienced in this process, but we have some great members on here that will basically hold your hand and help you get the process done. Good luck!

Thank you for the support! 

1 minute ago, Zach2015 said:

Oh and the fact you two have spent so much time together works great in your favor.

Yeah, we’ve been dating for almost 3 years but kept hesitating to start the process because we had only met in person once for 2 weeks in the first year, but once he decided to temporarily move here, we felt safe to start. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
21 hours ago, JLRamos said:

Hello there,

this is is my first time posting here, my fiancé and I are scheduled to get a NOA2 at the end of this month, and I was wondering what you guys thought based on experience from the information I’ll provide. 

He’s 20 and I’m 22, we’re very inexperienced but we’ve read a lot about the process and have done it all ourselves (with monetary help from our parents who luckily support us).

We met online, he has lived in my country for a year now (he stays here with a tourist permit), he can’t work here and didn’t work for long in America considering he was a teenager still. We’re planning on getting his mom to co-sponsor us. 

I was wondering if any of that sounds like a red flag for you guys. I am open to answer any questions to help. 

Thank you in advance!

Doesn't sound like an issue, they just want someone with sufficient asset/income to agree to be financially responsible for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.