Rexxx

USCIS and Us Embassy WILL help you to expedite even if not deploying

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Basically just share my own experience here. Trying to help all the fellow comrades here.

As an active duty military member, I am not deploying anytime soon, and I filled i130 using normal route.

However, after a month of waiting,  I read USCIS, DOS, and US Embassy does review expedite request in a case by case basis, then I thought why not give it a try.

All I did was to ask my supervisor to write a official letter ( not my commanding officer) addressed to USCIS, explaining my situation and possible deployment (as an AD military, we all are possible to deploy anytime). I sent out the letter once its been reviewed through my peers and did some revision, USCIS received second day, and the case got approved the next day and got sent to NVC

While waiting my case to get to NVC, I have been contacting US Embassy over email,  they even pre-approved my expedite request long before my case reached NVC. What happen was as soon as NVC received my case and assigned my case number, I got a second email saying it;s on its way to US Embassy, skipping whole NVC stage. All these happened within 10 minutes.

One day after US Embassy received the case, they sent me the welcome letter, required documents to bring to the interview, and the actual interview day immediately.

All I am trying to say is, go TRY. It can be done even if we are not deploying. Don't say NO to yourself before they said no, the worst thing can happen is they say no and the petition will still go on normal processing time, won't cause any delay anyway.

Edited by Rexxx

I-130 Sent : 2019-03-22

I-130 NOA1 :

I-130 NOA1(Account Access Letter) :

I-130 Called for Expedite (requested accepted)                                    

I-130 Expedite Documents sent and received by TSC

I-130 petition approved

NOA2 Received, Notice Date 15 May 2019

NVC Received File, assigned case# and invoice#

NVC Expedite requested and approved

NVC Sent file to Embassy ( In-Transit )

Embassy Received, scheduled for interview on 08-13 

VISA Approved!!!!

2019-04-04

2019-04-07

2019-04-08

2019-05-14

2019-05-15

2019-05-21

2019-06-19

2019-06-19

2019-06-19

2019-06-20

2019-08-13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.