MelisAnn

Admin Processing After Interview?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

My husband had his interview on June25 and was approved pending the medical documentation which they hadn't received yet. He's been waiting for confirmation from the courier that they have his green card and passport but this morning he went online and saw his case is in "Administrative Processing". I thought Admin Processing only happened at the NVC stage. Why would they do Admin Processing now, post interview? Does anyone have experience with this? Do you know how long the delay will be?

Every case goes through AP post interview.  Some a day, some a week, some months or more.  No way to guess.

What do you mean his Green card?  He'll be getting his visa, green card comes post arrival in US

51 minutes ago, MelisAnn said:

My husband had his interview on June25 and was approved pending the medical documentation which they hadn't received yet. He's been waiting for confirmation from the courier that they have his green card and passport but this morning he went online and saw his case is in "Administrative Processing". I thought Admin Processing only happened at the NVC stage. Why would they do Admin Processing now, post interview? Does anyone have experience with this? Do you know how long the delay will be?

As mentioned, Admin Processing is not only common, but standard procedure after the interview and unfortunately there is no set timeline for it. Just a little longer wait :) 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

57 minutes ago, MelisAnn said:

Why would they do Admin Processing now, post interview? Does anyone have experience with this? Do you know how long the delay will be?

Anything that they do after the interview is administrative processing. The CO finishes his paperwork, submit to his supervisor. The supervisor reviews, approve and send to the IV section chief. The section chief has a final say. When all that's done, it gets sent to visa printing. Visa printing is not a simple hitting "print" on a computer like printing a receipt. It requires specialized equipment. Then they have to do quality control on the visa to make sure it reads right on the machine that the CBP uses, otherwise you'll get turned away at the POE. A typical US Consulate/Embassy Post issues hundreds, if not thousands visas, both immigrant and non-immigrant per week. All of that is called "Administrative Processing"

And then, there is the other type of AP, which is when a deep name check or background check is required, then it could be weeks, months, years.... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Thanks. They told him he was approved at the interview but they didn't have his medical documentation yet. I wonder if that is why there is a hold up. I figured he'd have everything back by now since the interview was almost 2 weeks ago.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
7 hours ago, MelisAnn said:

Thanks. They told him he was approved at the interview but they didn't have his medical documentation yet. I wonder if that is why there is a hold up. I figured he'd have everything back by now since the interview was almost 2 weeks ago.

Yes, that too will be indicated as AP. 

On 7/8/2019 at 11:19 AM, MelisAnn said:

Did you make sure the medical information would be forwarded directly to the consulate?  Normally they'd hold onto it or forward it onto the beneficiary to give to the consulate. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
4 hours ago, NikLR said:

Did you make sure the medical information would be forwarded directly to the consulate?  Normally they'd hold onto it or forward it onto the beneficiary to give to the consulate. 

In London the clinic sends the medical results directly to the consulate. The beneficiary never touches it.  She can call the clinic and ask what day it was sent. 

9 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

In London the clinic sends the medical results directly to the consulate. The beneficiary never touches it.  She can call the clinic and ask what day it was sent. 

For some reason I thought thia was Canada? Dunno why. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Wife currently in Administrative Processing and below is the current timeline of changes since her interview. Received green slip at interview to submit more evidence because someone stamped her passport wrong in Miami. 

CEAC: Ready

Case Created:    23-Aug-2018
Case Last Updated:    27-Jun-2019

Current timeline: 
May 22nd: Interview, kept passport.
May 31st: Mailed documents/"Passport is being delivered to post."
June 4th: Case Updated
June 19th:  "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted."
June 24th: Case Updated
June 27th: Case Updated

Still waiting here also. Today: July 11th, 2019. 

Edited by ww6983
Added extra date to show timeline.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.