WhatAWait!

Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

25 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
On 7/7/2019 at 9:49 PM, WhatAWait! said:

Hello there, 

Our status for the AOS shows as follow: 
As of May 7, 2019, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXXXXX, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

The above has been showing two weeks after we got our biometrics done. Any one has any idea as to how long it may be for an interview date. Any input will be highly appreciated. 

Thanks

If you are currently pending AOS, please update your status on VJ, currently it says Naturalization approved.

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
4 hours ago, WhatAWait! said:

No change as of now. We have not received any letter for interview. Not sure what and when to expect.

Sorry to hear that, nothing we can do or help you with you'll just have to wait.  Looks like your CIS is very backed up or short staffed.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mine was that way for a month. My LFO processing time was 10-24 months but our interview was after 5 months. But looking on the forum for it, it looks like a lot of people waited almost a year. So I guess we were just lucky. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/1/2020 at 7:59 PM, WhatAWait! said:

No change as of now. We have not received any letter for interview. Not sure what and when to expect.

you won't receive a letter until your case status changes to "we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status" and then you can expect a letter saying when your interview is and what to bring about a week later. And the interview is generally a month after that letter was sent. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello all- We just received the letter for our interview- 

we have one question regarding form 693- that is record of vaccination. We had submitted our medical certificate at the time of our interview in India for the fiancé visa. This form asks to submit this form and it also says if you have not already this form then bring a sealed copy of this form. Not sure if they are referring to the same form that we submitted at the time of our visa interview or it is something totally different? Any insight will be extremely helpful - We do not have much time left before our interview date. 

They are not referring to the same form.

As a K1 you submitted a DS302x series of medical forms (within your sealed packet) at your POE and were given a personal copy of the DS3025 vaccination record for your AOS process.

You should have submitted a photocopy of that DS3025 with I485 and then you'll bring your copy and a photocopy of it as back up to the interview.

If you completed the vaccinations abroad, your DS3025 is marked as complete (and is, in fact complete) and you filed I485 within one year of your overseas medical exam, the I693 has nothing to do with you.

Lots of prior posts on the topic to back this up if you use the search icon inputting "K1 I693" as well.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I certainly do not remember if I sent that copy of the medical forms that were given to us at the time of K1 interview. But yes we gave one at the airport when we arrived here in the US to the customs and boarder security folks. I do not remember if I submitted any copy of the medical forms at the time of submitting the I485- Would you recommend I skip this form and go to the interview and if they need it they can issue another date to me to submit the i693? This I693 is costing a whopping $350 a pop and I got two of those to get. Kindly help. 

2 hours ago, WhatAWait! said:

I certainly do not remember if I sent that copy of the medical forms that were given to us at the time of K1 interview. Can you not check your copy of your submission?

But yes we gave one at the airport when we arrived here in the US to the customs and boarder security folks. You didn't need to do that. As above, it was already included in your sealed visa packet.

I do not remember if I submitted any copy of the medical forms (not forms, form. One part of one form. The DS3025 is two pages. Your vaccination record that you received unsealed at your Panel Physician appointment. You only got that and your CD for personal use) at the time of submitting the I485- Would you recommend I skip this form and go to the interview and if they need it they can issue another date to me to submit the i693? This I693 is costing a whopping $350 a pop and I got two of those to get. Kindly help. 

YES! Do not redo the medical again. You do not need an I693 if your DS3025 was complete and marked as complete and you filed I485 within 1 year of your overseas medical appointment.

Upload it here if you dont know what to look for.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.