Trapper99

Kyiv Just Cancelled July 5 Interview

11 posts in this topic

My fiancee just received a call from embassy saying that the consul will not be there on Friday, so her July 5 interview will be next Friday. She was in middle of Maidan so had terrible time trying to hear, and didn't think to ask follow up about appointment confirmation because of the shock. I call the embassy scheduling and they say all I show in my system is interview is still scheduled for July 5, for more information you need to email kyiviv@state.gov. She called back to the number that called her and got the same information. Ustraveldocs still shows a July 5 interview, and next Friday when they say her new interview is doesn't have any open spots. I send an email to Kyiviv, but they take 3 business days to respond so with the holiday that's next Tues of Wed.

All I can say is what the heck is this #######!!??!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Trapper99 said:

My fiancee just received a call from embassy saying that the consul will not be there on Friday, so her July 5 interview will be next Friday. She was in middle of Maidan so had terrible time trying to hear, and didn't think to ask follow up about appointment confirmation because of the shock. I call the embassy scheduling and they say all I show in my system is interview is still scheduled for July 5, for more information you need to email kyiviv@state.gov. She called back to the number that called her and got the same information. Ustraveldocs still shows a July 5 interview, and next Friday when they say her new interview is doesn't have any open spots. I send an email to Kyiviv, but they take 3 business days to respond so with the holiday that's next Tues of Wed.

Consul won't be there???  Is it possible because the embassy has American citizen employees it is observing July 4 and the day after as a holiday kind of thing?  Boy, is this a pain.  Really.  I hope you can clear this up soon.  Is it possible for her to take a taxi over there, try and ask one of the guards for clarification?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Trapper99 said:

By the way, I have sometimes gotten next day responses at that email address so you could hear sooner than next week.

Timeline

Sometimes they will extend a holiday an additional day to give the staff an extended weekend.  The Embassy closes for certain Ukrainian and US holidays.  

Here's the listed holiday schedule.  https://ua.usembassy.gov/holiday-calendar/

Unfortunately, it seems that is what has occurred here.  Rather crappy that an interview postponement was given so late.

I don't expect an email back before Friday because they are at end if business today, closed tmw and supposed closed Friday too. The thing that I don't like is nothing is showing a rescheduled appointment and even calling the embassy they don't know news they are canceling Friday interviews. And also the fact the day they say new interview is is full on traveldocs (I'm sure they can force schedule and interview) but without confirmation I just think is interview really next Friday now?

It makes sense for a long weekend, but the short notice is garbage. Lucky I wasn't in your shoes Tasty and travelled all the way out there for the interview only to have this stunt pulled.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

My interview was rescheduled too with a few days notice because of some holiday thingy. Worked out just fine. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
1 hour ago, gregcrs2 said:

Sometimes they will extend a holiday an additional day to give the staff an extended weekend.  The Embassy closes for certain Ukrainian and US holidays.  

Here's the listed holiday schedule.  https://ua.usembassy.gov/holiday-calendar/

Are they hiring?

Timeline
30 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

Are they hiring?

I have the best job in the world, it's called retirement.  So every day is a holiday!

Got a reply to my email from KyivIV. They said yes, come next Friday instead but no need to bring a new appointment confirmation. I told my fiancee to print off that email and bring it with her next Friday.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Trapper99 said:

Got a reply to my email from KyivIV. They said yes, come next Friday instead but no need to bring a new appointment confirmation. I told my fiancee to print off that email and bring it with her next Friday.

So same exact time (of day) but one week later?  I wonder if the wait will be longer that day if they are overbooking to accommodate for the day off this Friday.  Or maybe spreading appointments out over the course of next week to lessen the load each day?

In any event, I am glad you at least got an email clearing up some of the confusion.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Trapper99 said:

Most likely explanation, CO decided to take a day off to make it 4 day weekend. So they rescheduled you. No interview slots on the 12th, because they already schedule you in.

Edited by Shiran

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.