Gill_H

Knightsbridge Sputum Test

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I went for my medical yesterday at Knightsbridge, received a phone call from the Dr who examined me saying that they had seen an abnormality on my lung which could be either scar tissue from a previous chest infection or a marker for TB. I now have to go back and give the 3 consecutive days worth of sputum tests with a 6-8 week wait for the results. They have advised me that I should go ahead with the Embassy Interview and the sputum results will be sent to the Embassy before my case will be approved. I didn't expect this hold up or additional expense of getting to London and having to stay in a hotel for 3 nights. I am hoping I get the all clear as I am pretty sure I don't have TB...….more waiting I guess 

7 minutes ago, Gill_H said:

I am hoping I get the all clear as I am pretty sure I don't have TB

Finger crossed. However, it's possible that you carry but have no symptoms (yet). There is latent TB, so you don't necessarily have to cough your lungs out to be carrying TB. However, it is rare in the UK. If you were in Asia, probably definitely TB. 

By the way, welcome to Iowa. I live about 1.5 hours from Marshalltown

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Gill_H said:

I went for my medical yesterday at Knightsbridge, received a phone call from the Dr who examined me saying that they had seen an abnormality on my lung which could be either scar tissue from a previous chest infection or a marker for TB. I now have to go back and give the 3 consecutive days worth of sputum tests with a 6-8 week wait for the results. They have advised me that I should go ahead with the Embassy Interview and the sputum results will be sent to the Embassy before my case will be approved. I didn't expect this hold up or additional expense of getting to London and having to stay in a hotel for 3 nights. I am hoping I get the all clear as I am pretty sure I don't have TB...….more waiting I guess 

Don't want to scare you but we went through the same.  Highly recommend you consult with your own doctor.  It could be something or it could be nothing.  Better to be safe than sorry.  In my wife's case, we had additional x-rays, CT Scan with contrast, even a PET Scan, and 2nd, 3rd, and 4th opinions.  It was not TB.  The diagnosis was early stage lung cancer.  

21 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

Don't want to scare you but we went through the same.  Highly recommend you consult with your own doctor.  It could be something or it could be nothing.  Better to be safe than sorry.  In my wife's case, we had additional x-rays, CT Scan with contrast, even a PET Scan, and 2nd, 3rd, and 4th opinions.  It was not TB.  The diagnosis was early stage lung cancer.  

Many people have lung nodules, and most are benign.

This happened to me too, i had scar tissue from bronchitis. Went for my interview anyway without completed medical. They approved me pending receipt of medical. 6 weeks after culture test came out negative Doc sent my medical to embassy and i was asked to drop off my passport. Visa was issued 3 days later.

K-1 Journey

2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed

2015 01 22: NOA-2

2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received

2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)

2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.

2015 10 30 : Married :dance:

AOS Journey

11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed

11/07/2015: AOS Delivered

11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received

11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015

11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015

12/10/2015: Biometrics completed

01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"

01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"

01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"

01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS

01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Many people have lung nodules, and most are benign.

Agreed but the point is follow-up testing is advisable.  

On 7/2/2019 at 7:21 PM, Gill_H said:

Hi! 

Wishing you the best of luck during this waiting game and hoping for a smooth and speedy, all clear result. 

Can I please ask, were you given the option to come back the following day for the sputum tests? Or did you have to book in to come another day, travelling back for other reasons? Also are there any additional costs being charged to you for this? 

I’m just thinking for my own appointment worst case scenario, if that happened to me, what the steps would be. I’m booked in on a Tuesday next month but praying all goes smoothly as the medical part of this process is the bit I’m honestly the most concerned about, due to a non-straightforward medical history. 

Repeat after me: this will all be worth it in the long run 🙂❤️

Lots of luck and patience sent your way 🌻☀️🎉

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Meg101 said:

Hi! 

Wishing you the best of luck during this waiting game and hoping for a smooth and speedy, all clear result. 

Can I please ask, were you given the option to come back the following day for the sputum tests? Or did you have to book in to come another day, travelling back for other reasons? Also are there any additional costs being charged to you for this? 

I’m just thinking for my own appointment worst case scenario, if that happened to me, what the steps would be. I’m booked in on a Tuesday next month but praying all goes smoothly as the medical part of this process is the bit I’m honestly the most concerned about, due to a non-straightforward medical history. 

Repeat after me: this will all be worth it in the long run 🙂❤️

Lots of luck and patience sent your way 🌻☀️🎉

Hi, I got the phone call the day after I got back home to Lancashire so I couldn't return the following day as I had work and needed to book transport and a hotel. They did give me that option though.

This was really unexpected and another 6-8 week wait for results is going to be difficult. I hope the medical process goes well for you and it is absolutely worth it 😊

1 minute ago, Gill_H said:

Hi, I got the phone call the day after I got back home to Lancashire so I couldn't return the following day as I had work and needed to book transport and a hotel. They did give me that option though.

This was really unexpected and another 6-8 week wait for results is going to be difficult. I hope the medical process goes well for you and it is absolutely worth it 😊

Oh what a pain and a shame not to be told on the same day! Plus Lancashire Isn’t exactly just down the road either. Completely understand why this was unexpected and the delay of 6-8 weeks must be very frustrating, especially with all the waiting you have already done.

I look forward to the day that we can all look back at this difficult time and it feel like a distant memory. All the best to you. Keep us posted on this thread 🙂

Timeline

I have now done my 3 days of Sputum testing, staff at the Visa Medical office were very friendly and explained the process which was quite straightforward. Just a note if you get recalled for this testing, you need to take a form of ID with you on each day, this wasn't mentioned in the information I received in advance. I am hoping this is just a small delay in our Visa Journey, praying for a negative result so we can keep moving forward,

1 hour ago, Gill_H said:

I have now done my 3 days of Sputum testing, staff at the Visa Medical office were very friendly and explained the process which was quite straightforward. Just a note if you get recalled for this testing, you need to take a form of ID with you on each day, this wasn't mentioned in the information I received in advance. I am hoping this is just a small delay in our Visa Journey, praying for a negative result so we can keep moving forward,

Keeping fingers crossed for you & thinking of you! Were you in there this afternoon? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.