SamJan

Turkish Embassy- Ankara Interview date availability

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am trying to get an appointment - interview date for K1 visa from Ankara Embassy via the US VIsa info and appointment center web site in last 10 days. However, there is no available date yet.

Other similar visa type applicants mentioned that visa appointment dates are released during the end of the month but I don't see anything available so far.

Has anybody K1 or any other visa types had a chance to get an appointment thru the system?

I am just worried if I did something wrong in signing up in the system and I am waiting for nothing or this process is normal and I need to keep waiting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Where can you see appt infi. I'd really like to know . I'm an Ir1.  Why are k1 allowed to make thier own interview dates. I've been cc sinncd May 17.. and no word from Ankara for a. Interview for 6 weeks. 

Timeline
On 6/30/2019 at 1:18 PM, melindaabdullah said:

Where can you see appt infi. I'd really like to know . I'm an Ir1.  Why are k1 allowed to make thier own interview dates. I've been cc sinncd May 17.. and no word from Ankara for a. Interview for 6 weeks. 

I believe I was misinformed. Apparently, I have to wait for embassy to email me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, SamJan said:

I believe I was misinformed. Apparently, I have to wait for embassy to email me.

I think so. Everyone else has to.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/10/2019 at 9:21 PM, Sam & Yehia said:

Any update on scheduling your interview? Because they say no available dates still. 

Good luck and thank you, 

Sam

No nothing from the embassy yet, it has been 27 days since Embassy has notified me that they have received the case.

It is kind of frustrating, however patience is the virtue as nothing is on our hands.

Good luck to you too..

Timeline
28 minutes ago, cemmm said:

Any luck with scheduling an interview? 

Nothing so far. I pretty much check everyday couple of times reason is that I really don't know if they release the dates first come first serve basis. They might have assign the schedule date per person as well.

i have emailed to help desk of Visa schedule service website and they asked me to email them the original scanned confirmation from NVC. I did asap and waiting. it has been over one month since my case arrived to Ankara and nothing so far.

crossing my fingers.

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

Hi @SamJan

How were you able to get your interview scheduled?  My friend is expecting his case to reach the embassy some time next month.  @Elif_and_Greg

Edited by TandClaudia
Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

Timeline

I remember when my fiance applied for her tourist visa each time, she actually got her interview rather quickly after applying. But who knows how different it is for K1 visa applicants. 

Timeline

from the date embassy received our docs (which I have been notified by email) until our interview date is totally 3 months and 7 days , per embassy and US visa services, it is just busy and we have nothing to do but wait to get a date assigned. however you need to keep checking the dates until you see it is available. it is kind of frustrating. 

most probably it's because it is summer and embassy and visa apntmnts are very busy

7 hours ago, Elif_and_Greg said:

I remember when my fiance applied for her tourist visa each time, she actually got her interview rather quickly after applying. But who knows how different it is for K1 visa applicants. 

8 hours ago, TandClaudia said:

Hi @SamJan

How were you able to get your interview scheduled?  My friend is expecting his case to reach the embassy some time next month.  @Elif_and_Greg

Timeline

Thanks for the information. Sorry you've had to wait so long for your interview. 

When you mean checking the dates, is it because they don't really notify you of when your interview date is? You just are going to their website or something to check it yourself?

Timeline
On 8/22/2019 at 10:11 AM, Elif_and_Greg said:

Thanks for the information. Sorry you've had to wait so long for your interview. 

When you mean checking the dates, is it because they don't really notify you of when your interview date is? You just are going to their website or something to check it yourself?

They don't notify. Unfortunately, you need to keep checking the web site until you see the available date. Well, I checked on my smart phone's browser sporadically which gave me a relief of accessibility. you can do the same.

I believe you should have the dates much easier/earlier since the summer is pretty much over.

good luck.

Timeline
2 hours ago, SamJan said:

They don't notify. Unfortunately, you need to keep checking the web site until you see the available date. Well, I checked on my smart phone's browser sporadically which gave me a relief of accessibility. you can do the same.

I believe you should have the dates much easier/earlier since the summer is pretty much over.

good luck.

God, I hope we don't have to wait too long. That RFE set us back really nasty like. Well, at least you guys got your interview date. You'll have to report back when it's over and let us know how everything went. Kolay gelsin!

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.