Cg2008

NVC to Mumbai

118 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, ParulAbhay said:

You can keep trying to get  September date , I am not sure how much this is true but you can look for interview slots post 2am the logic is if anyone cancels the interview you might get in the queue not sure if this helps 

Only K1 applicants may schedule their own interview; all others wait for the embassy to schedule on our behalf.

Timeline

Has anyone actually bothered to reach out to their congressman/senator to inquire on their behalf with the Department of State?

1. Go to house.gov
  2. Enter your zipcode under "FIND YOUR REPRESENTATIVE" located on top right.
  3. Go to your congressional representative's website.
  4. Click on the contact or constituents services link.
  5. Select problem type Help with a federal agency and/or immigration.
  6. Describe the issue and wait.

Honestly I had faster response when I send them a fax. I get an email back in 48 hours with a privacy release form. better yet, try to google the privacy release form ahead of time for your rep and send it with initial inquiry.

Doesn't matter if your rep supports stupid policies or orange cheetos. Note that the rep is not gonna do the inquiry him/herself their constituent services team will be doing it and they have their own process pretty much set up. They will do more to do anything to help their potential voters/future supporters.

2 hours ago, saladboye said:

Has anyone actually bothered to reach out to their congressman/senator to inquire on their behalf with the Department of State?

1. Go to house.gov
  2. Enter your zipcode under "FIND YOUR REPRESENTATIVE" located on top right.
  3. Go to your congressional representative's website.
  4. Click on the contact or constituents services link.
  5. Select problem type Help with a federal agency and/or immigration.
  6. Describe the issue and wait.

Honestly I had faster response when I send them a fax. I get an email back in 48 hours with a privacy release form. better yet, try to google the privacy release form ahead of time for your rep and send it with initial inquiry.

Doesn't matter if your rep supports stupid policies or orange cheetos. Note that the rep is not gonna do the inquiry him/herself their constituent services team will be doing it and they have their own process pretty much set up. They will do more to do anything to help their potential voters/future supporters.

I have already tried that. Haven't got a response from NVC yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
20 hours ago, IndiaAnnie said:

Only K1 applicants may schedule their own interview; all others wait for the embassy to schedule on our behalf.

I doubt if this stands true, applicants only need to schedule interviews. 

Not sure if I am missing on something here 

Timeline
4 hours ago, ParulAbhay said:

CR1/IRs interviews are scheduled by the embassy. Most of us have been waiting after DQ since end of April. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, ParulAbhay said:

It's true...been through K1 process, scheduling interview myself using portal, attending embassy interview, etc. The CR1/IR1 process is different in that NVC schedules the interview for you with the embassy and tells you when to attend. They are different processes.

My response was @ParulAbhay suggesting that we could go online and search for other available interview slots; this is not an option for CR1/IR1 applicants...only the K1 folks (but it does work for them and a good suggestion).

Timeline
On 6/26/2019 at 7:40 PM, Saman1103 said:

Right now it's taking 2-3 months

To get theInterrview letter?

On 6/28/2019 at 2:27 AM, karishma said:

guys in my case, i got approved (documentarily by nvc) on 4 june 2019, i am still waiting for interview date. if you guys do get something please let me know. this is taking forever.

Have you received the interview letter yet?

Timeline
6 hours ago, JJ & JT said:

CR1/IRs interviews are scheduled by the embassy. Most of us have been waiting after DQ since end of April. 

Ahh alright .. I was of the understanding that one need to wait for the interview letter but one need to schedule it on our own embassy but I am sure since you going through the process you would know it better 

all the best hope you get it soon 

Timeline
6 hours ago, IndiaAnnie said:

It's true...been through K1 process, scheduling interview myself using portal, attending embassy interview, etc. The CR1/IR1 process is different in that NVC schedules the interview for you with the embassy and tells you when to attend. They are different processes.

My response was @ParulAbhay suggesting that we could go online and search for other available interview slots; this is not an option for CR1/IR1 applicants...only the K1 folks (but it does work for them and a good suggestion).

Got it now .. as quoted above I had some different understanding 

i wish hope you hear back from them soon on your interview 

Timeline
4 hours ago, MNU said:

To get theInterrview letter?

Have you received the interview letter yet?

i havnt received anything from them yet. i was hoping for something this week as i completed 60 days after getting DQ. 

i didnt get anything so no hope.

i am not expecting anything untill the april and may people get something, i am DQ on june 4th.

people from late april and may are waiting, so they will get something before me.

On 8/7/2019 at 10:16 AM, karishma said:

i havnt received anything from them yet. i was hoping for something this week as i completed 60 days after getting DQ. 

i didnt get anything so no hope.

i am not expecting anything untill the april and may people get something, i am DQ on june 4th.

people from late april and may are waiting, so they will get something before me.

Have u got the interview letter?

Timeline
17 hours ago, Bgb said:

Have u got the interview letter?

no i havnt got the IL yet. waiting for it.

by the way we get email from them first regarding the interview date 

and then we get the letters through post, right?

2 hours ago, karishma said:

no i havnt got the IL yet. waiting for it.

by the way we get email from them first regarding the interview date 

and then we get the letters through post, right?

I am not sure that we will get the letter through post or not? I know that we will get email only , saying the interview date. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.