SensibleInvestor

Illegible Philippine birth certificate rejected by NVC

24 posts in this topic

The certified copy of my father in law's birth certificate from the 1950s was rejected for being too difficult to read. NVC and UCSIS has rejected those typed out "birth certificates" for us in the past. Would it help to send in both?  We can't just magically make a birth certificate with faded/fuzzy letters more legible. Any copy we get from the Phliippine government is going to be just as illegible as the one we have now.

Also, NVC rejected my wife's certified copy because there was apparently a corner missing from the copy. USCIS had accepted hers...

Any tips on what to do in this case? 

11 minutes ago, SensibleInvestor said:

The certified copy of my father in law's birth certificate from the 1950s was rejected for being too difficult to read. NVC and UCSIS has rejected those typed out "birth certificates" for us in the past. Would it help to send in both?  We can't just magically make a birth certificate with faded/fuzzy letters more legible. Any copy we get from the Phliippine government is going to be just as illegible as the one we have now.

Also, NVC rejected my wife's certified copy because there was apparently a corner missing from the copy. USCIS had accepted hers...

Any tips on what to do in this case? 

That is weird because my wife's literally looked like it came from the dead sea scrolls and it was typed as well. You can try to get a certified copy from the NSO/PSA for your father in law. I don't know what to do about your wife but she can try to go to them and request a new birth certificate showing them the evidence that the US denied it due to the corner missing. @Hank_ @Greenbaum

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

All you can do is go back to PSA and request a better copy.  Bring copies of the emails/letters from NVC regarding this also.   Hopefully they can make a better copy or at least attach a statement saying - "this is as good as it gets"

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

This didn't happen at NVC but at the embassy for her interview they said my fiance's was to difficult to read. She anticipated this and had brought her original typed BC from 1987 with her. They took the original and returned it with her passport and visa. I was not anticipating getting it back. You can try to send a copy of the original typed BC (if you have it) to them and see if they will accept it. We filed for AOS recently and I was looking at her PSA BC. I can't read any of it)))

Edited by boris64

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Couldn't you make a certified true typed out copy and submit it with the original with a letter to explain the two copies? 

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

3 minutes ago, juggy_11 said:

Request a certified PSA copy that says "Best possible image" on the bottom. 

We had those. NVC rejected both my wife's and my father-in-law's. My wife's was because it was missing a corner so we're going to just try and get the Philippines to make a copy that's not missing a tiny corner. My father in law's is the bigger concern. It really is not legible. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I uploaded the original copy plus the typed up copy and they rejected both. Here's the message they left:

>Please replace this with an acceptable birth certificate. Please use our Document Finder at https://nvc.state.gov/find for acceptable documents guidelines.

This tells us how to get the documents we already have... 

• 3 months later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Many birth certificates were hand written in the Philippines .. NVC should get up to speed with this issue.

PSA can not give any different than what was originally filed as what they have is just a copy of what was submitted by the LCR.

As noted in earlier posts.  Can you get a copy of the baptismal certificate?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.