wisedog

Mumbai Consulate - Any recent "IR" interviews/interview scheduled?

435 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
18 minutes ago, wisedog said:

Just got an IL for my mom as well.  Interview date same as that for dad- sep 27.  Her DQ was May 7th.  What’s the latest date that’s trending today for IL/CR cases?

I don't get mine 😭😭

Case completed June 14

Timeline
18 minutes ago, wisedog said:

Just got an IL for my mom as well.  Interview date same as that for dad- sep 27.  Her DQ was May 7th.  What’s the latest date that’s trending today for IL/CR cases?

Congrats!!!.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Everyone who has rec'd an IL, please do a favor to the rest of the community and update this spreadsheet:

Spreadsheet for viewing: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xbLl_8yDgHLeDaLnTrPdYc44J0sjPSFfYCKxlKx6uTY/edit#gid=0

Form for entry: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1R9AC8MPhPvp5Xo0gI1Pch6r0-mbhQz7stxctoz_stcc/viewform

We all benefitted from this community/other's updates, so it's only appropriate that we pay it fwd by sharing our updates on this spreadsheet.

All the best to everyone still waiting in queue and good luck to those whose interviews are coming up.

2 hours ago, wisedog said:

Everyone who has rec'd an IL, please do a favor to the rest of the community and update this spreadsheet:

Spreadsheet for viewing: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xbLl_8yDgHLeDaLnTrPdYc44J0sjPSFfYCKxlKx6uTY/edit#gid=0

Form for entry: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1R9AC8MPhPvp5Xo0gI1Pch6r0-mbhQz7stxctoz_stcc/viewform

We all benefitted from this community/other's updates, so it's only appropriate that we pay it fwd by sharing our updates on this spreadsheet.

All the best to everyone still waiting in queue and good luck to those whose interviews are coming up.

Called nvc. They told september slot is closed now. Lets see how many have made it in september and how many people will make it in october. Just praying that they speed up the things for July Cc as well.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Flowerkira said:

Called nvc. They told september slot is closed now. Lets see how many have made it in september and how many people will make it in october. Just praying that they speed up the things for July Cc as well.

What? How do you make them say that it's closed.

When I try to ask something they said waitttttt that's all.

On 6/25/2019 at 3:25 AM, wisedog said:

@sharon1611 - My case complete dates were April 29 (for my dad) and May 6 (for my mom) respectively. And no, I haven’t received my ILs yet. If you look at the IL history, it appears they release it in batches every month. Last few months dates seem to be: 

Jan 8, Feb 14, Mar 13, April 16, May 9 and June 21 (there may have been a few adhoc ones, but this seems to be the majority dates).

Based on what I have seem to be gathering, it appears a number of people (for Mumbai consulate) who were waiting in CC state from Jan 2019 through late April 2019 got their IL for July 2019 on Friday (June 21st). My cases obviously didn’t make the cut that day, so I’m hoping it will make the cut in the July date. Not sure when that would be, but my sense (or hope :) ) is that it will be anywhere from mid July through end of July.

Have u got interview date ??

my aproval date is also 28 may but still not get interview dste of cr1 visa

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Daljeetsingh1313 said:

Have u got interview date ??

my aproval date is also 28 may but still not get interview dste of cr1 visa

@Daljeetsingh1313- i recommend reading the forum posts above than simply starting a new thread based on really old posts from june. you will find your answers :) I wish you luck in getting an interview date soon

Timeline
13 hours ago, wisedog said:

Everyone, please do this! Even if you've not received IL

Edited by Parcaran

Mumbai Visa Timeline Telegram Group:

please PM me for link!

A request to all of you who got the IL for September (or even later): Please do not forget those who are behind you in the queue. Let us know where your relatives went for the medical, what is tested in the medical, what questions were asked during the interview, how many hours did it take, how many days in Mumbai for biometrics and interview, what should applicants be prepared with, and so on. In case there is a separate forum for such questions please let me know. I for one will surely come back to VJ even after I get the interview letter.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

If someone got India PCC or Foreign PCC (like Dubai, Qatar) which are only valid for 6 months from date of issue, is that an issue? Since most people apply at or during NVC stage to scan and submit.

I read the PCC validity as per US Dept of State is 1 year? so even if it expires after you got it and submit to NVC you can still take the same?

ideas? especially since NVC CC to Interview is taking this long, seems mumbai is severely backlogged.

Timeline
1 hour ago, wisegeek said:

If someone got India PCC or Foreign PCC (like Dubai, Qatar) which are only valid for 6 months from date of issue, is that an issue? Since most people apply at or during NVC stage to scan and submit.

I read the PCC validity as per US Dept of State is 1 year? so even if it expires after you got it and submit to NVC you can still take the same?

ideas? especially since NVC CC to Interview is taking this long, seems mumbai is severely backlogged.

You should have a valid PCC at the time of interview. Can't use an expired PCC.

Edited by ram_shan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
3 hours ago, ram_shan said:

You should have a valid PCC at the time of interview. Can't use an expired PCC.

Hi I am not talking about hte Indian PCC, i am talking about Qatar PCC of which my parent is EX resident, does not currently live there at all it was in the past .

As per this VJ thread

and US DOS, 

If your certificate is more than 12 months old and you remained in the country after the certificate was issued, it appears that you will need a new certificate.

"Police clearance letters are valid for 12 months from the date of issuance. You are not required to renew a police clearance letter from your previous country of residence if you have not travelled to that country after the date of the issuance of such letter."

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Supplemental/RGA - Riga.pdf

Also see for a second source of information:

ImportantPolice certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:

• You are more than 16 years old;
  • The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and
  • You still live in the country that issued the certificate.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/diversity-visa-program-entry/diversity-visa-if-you-are-selected/diversity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html

So it seems if you are no longer living there (NOT INDIA) then that can be used?

Can anyone confirm this is correct? So worst case we if NVC CC to interview takes very very long due to mumbai backlog, we may just need to go PSK and get new india pCC not foreign PCC as the foreign PCC is for a duration of years in the past.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.