AOSFairfax

Washington DC AOS Filers

447 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, IlyaM said:

But have you got EAD?

Yes got EAD and AP in February

Check out our timeline https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=326055

Hello everyone. I am applying for my EAD renewal and I was wondering for Part 2 Question 25. "Your Current Immigration Status of Category (for example B-2 visitor, F-1 Student, parolee, deferred action, or no status or category) what I should put. I originally came into America on an E-3 (which is the uniquely Australian version of a H1-B) and met my husband while I was working on that visa. I have already had my EAD approved and because stuff is taking SO LONG I need to apply for my renewal. Should I put "E-3" or Adjustment of Status" on my form?

Thanks!

Timeline
On 10/15/2020 at 7:51 AM, TreyH said:

@DWolf How did your SO come here? I assume it wasn't a K1? I wonder if that somehow changes the policy as all the posts I have seen about the two year rule seem to be K1 maybe just a coincidence.

No.  She was an Au Pair and had a J1. Came here in 2017.

Anyways - some new news.  The immigration officer CALLED my wife on Friday 10/16 and said he just approved our Case. YAY!

However - We have seen NO Case Status change since then, it's still "Interview is Complete but my Case is Under Review" (which was what he switched it to while we sent in the new Medical Exam results).

When we had our interview on 9/27, our I-130 Online status was updated that afternoon and moved to "Approved".

Anyone experience this before?  Any advice if it doesn't update any time soon?

Timeline
5 hours ago, Bec Asmar said:

Hello everyone. I am applying for my EAD renewal and I was wondering for Part 2 Question 25. "Your Current Immigration Status of Category (for example B-2 visitor, F-1 Student, parolee, deferred action, or no status or category) what I should put. I originally came into America on an E-3 (which is the uniquely Australian version of a H1-B) and met my husband while I was working on that visa. I have already had my EAD approved and because stuff is taking SO LONG I need to apply for my renewal. Should I put "E-3" or Adjustment of Status" on my form?

Thanks!

If you have a I-485 Pending you can put in "I-485 Pending" in that section.  That should mean your change of status is spousal which is the (c)(9) category.

We put "I-485 Pending" in for my wife's application.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

My green card just got approved! No interview. 

EB3. Interview was supposed to be in April but cancelled. Not really heard anything. In May it was transferred again and silence since. In USPS informed delivery this morning I saw two letters from USCIS NBC to wife and I so been waiting for the postman. Opened the letters and is the 797 notice saying permanent residence approved! USCIS portal still showing transferred to a new office so no idea what's going on there.

Letter says physical card with be with us within three weeks so let's see how that goes :)

Edited by melus

L1-B & L2 to AOS (EB3 skilled)

Northern Virginia (DC Office)

22nd November 2019: NOA1 received

18th December 2019: Biometrics completed

23rd December 2019: Transferred to NBC

28th February 2020: Ready for interview

3rd March 2020: i-797C stating interview scheduled for April 7th

<--- Interviews cancelled due to Covid --->

20th October 2020 - i-797C stating permanent residence approved (Welcome to the United States of America)

31st October 2020 - Both green cards in hand!

I just received my notice to appear for interview today. We were “ready to be scheduled for an interview” since late December.  Finally!!! It’s been a long wait for us. 

On 10/21/2020 at 7:04 PM, DWolf said:

If you have a I-485 Pending you can put in "I-485 Pending" in that section.  That should mean your change of status is spousal which is the (c)(9) category.

We put "I-485 Pending" in for my wife's application.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey guys, I just recieved my EAD card with my surname spelled wrong. I've put the e-request on USCIS website and I have to send the card back to the Benefits Center. Has anyone experienced the same thing? My biggest question is Can I start applying for jobs while my card is there and the error is being fixed? I'm so sad it happened and I'd like to start applying for jobs as soon as possible. Thanks a lot for your help, guys 

19 hours ago, Bec Asmar said:

I just received my notice to appear for interview today. We were “ready to be scheduled for an interview” since late December.  Finally!!! It’s been a long wait for us. 

When did you file? 

On 10/26/2020 at 12:55 PM, IlyaM said:

Hey guys, I just recieved my EAD card with my surname spelled wrong. I've put the e-request on USCIS website and I have to send the card back to the Benefits Center. Has anyone experienced the same thing? My biggest question is Can I start applying for jobs while my card is there and the error is being fixed? I'm so sad it happened and I'd like to start applying for jobs as soon as possible. Thanks a lot for your help, guys 

That sucks! I'm so sorry

On 10/24/2020 at 12:57 PM, melus said:

My green card just got approved! No interview. 

EB3. Interview was supposed to be in April but cancelled. Not really heard anything. In May it was transferred again and silence since. In USPS informed delivery this morning I saw two letters from USCIS NBC to wife and I so been waiting for the postman. Opened the letters and is the 797 notice saying permanent residence approved! USCIS portal still showing transferred to a new office so no idea what's going on there.

Letter says physical card with be with us within three weeks so let's see how that goes :)

Congrats! Can you please share your PD as well?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
1 minute ago, tab2934 said:

Congrats! Can you please share your PD as well?

August 2019

L1-B & L2 to AOS (EB3 skilled)

Northern Virginia (DC Office)

22nd November 2019: NOA1 received

18th December 2019: Biometrics completed

23rd December 2019: Transferred to NBC

28th February 2020: Ready for interview

3rd March 2020: i-797C stating interview scheduled for April 7th

<--- Interviews cancelled due to Covid --->

20th October 2020 - i-797C stating permanent residence approved (Welcome to the United States of America)

31st October 2020 - Both green cards in hand!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.