sabinh

Police Record - Antecedentes Criminales Caracas

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi, this is my first time posting here, but I imagine there are others in my situation.  My fiancee is Venezuelan, currently living in Caracas.  Her petition was approved, and her file logged with the NVC - the Department of State sent her application to Bogota, where we await an appointment confirmation.

We have all the documents ready - but one of the things that my fiance lacks is the police record, or what is called antecendentes criminales in Spanish.  This is a document from the Venezuelan state that lists previous crimes (or lack thereof) to demonstrate that the visa beneficiary is not a wanted person.

My fiancee's record is clean - no worries about that - but she is finding it difficult to reach out to the local police for that record.  does anyone on this forum have experience in the past year or so with Venezuela's government in getting a police report in a timely manner?

thank you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

This is where we requested Claudia's Venezuelan police record.

http://www.mpprij.gob.ve/

Based on the last digit of the Venezuelan cedula, that tells you which day of the week you can request it.

The good news is that it arrives electronically and can be printed immediately.  Depending on the Embassy, you may or may not need to have it apostillized.

Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

If you need to have it internationally legalized you can also do it online here: http://legalizacionve.mppre.gob.ve/ , it also arrives electronically after a few days, just print it out.

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi, depending on the last digit of the "cedula", log in early that day (3-4 AM)  make the request.  (first you register ) and after a couple of days it arrives in the e-mail.  Apostille takes a little longer, however there is a way around it if appointments are far away into the year. then it should be translated into English, by a certified (US embassy registered translator).  PM if you need help with the translations. 

Claudia

Alex (USA) & Claudia (Venezuela)

Time Line under Information

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 10:29 AM, TandClaudia said:

This is where we requested Claudia's Venezuelan police record.

http://www.mpprij.gob.ve/

Based on the last digit of the Venezuelan cedula, that tells you which day of the week you can request it.

The good news is that it arrives electronically and can be printed immediately.  Depending on the Embassy, you may or may not need to have it apostillized.

Hi there.  I am curious where she received her medical examination— in Venezuela or in Colombia? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline
6 hours ago, Krissytis said:

Hi there.  I am curious where she received her medical examination— in Venezuela or in Colombia? 

She received her medical exam and had her interview in Panama.  That is the country where she has residency.

Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.