Rmsean

Surprise Visit by Immigration Officers

25 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, Rmsean said:

lucky for us we work close to home.

what they do apparently is that if you are not home, they speak to your neighbors and ask them about you or they leave.

my neighbors can vouch for us lol

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

Glad everything went well. Don't know if I would be as trusting as you. I would have asked for ID's, Took photos with my phone of the ID's and the plate of their vehicle. Then would have been just a little more inquisitive as to why they want to come in. I have no problem showing them around, but 2 guys show up to my house saying their from immigration and want into my house, they will be met with a few questions. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but just bringing a few guys into my house for BBQ and a few beers unless I know you pretty well, not going to happen. Maybe because I live in a big city, or maybe because I have seen the aftermath of people being a little to trusting with strangers that I am a little jaded, but good to know they may be showing up, and everything seems to have went well.

the reason that happened is because after enquiries by my lawyer as to why time was being wasted, the reply we were getting was security check . and i realised our interviewer kept on hounding on why we married quick . so i guessed it was being seen as fraud. i expected either a stokes interview or bed check . wasnt bothered cos if you live with your spouse you have no issues . plus the main people know us in the city we live . the mayor, the police chief, fire marshall . so wasnt really bothered . so i was expecting something . plus i live in a gated apartment where you have to go through security and all you cant just come in and out. also im not the type to be messed with . i can hold my own . but from the way they moved and they acted i had read them and known . 

but yh it went well . thanks . 

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

18 hours ago, Rmsean said:

what they do apparently is that if you are not home, they speak to your neighbors and ask them about you or they leave.

Good thing to be in good graces with your neighbors....people can be very vindictive if they wanna be! :lol:

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Amadia said:

Good thing to be in good graces with your neighbors....people can be very vindictive if they wanna be! :lol:

you got that right . thats funny . 🤣

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 hours ago, Rmsean said:

Yesterday afternoon my wife gets a call from someone saying they are from homeland security and are around to see our home. she calls me cos she didnt understand why homeland was around. i was in a meeting and drove home. lucky i was close by. i see them and im like im glad youre here. been waiting to hear from immigration somehow. so if you are here it means youre working on my case. they asked if i wanted to see their badge, i was like i dont care, just come on in. they were like youre a trusting man but still showed their badges.

they came in with my wife in the house. she was a bit embarassed cos the house was a bit messy since we rushed to work early that day. i gave them a full tour. they went everywhere, checked everything. i wasnt even bothered cos its a real marriage so enjoy. wats the best way to win your case than for them to come see. we werent questioned like they normally do. it was a convo. like i was with friends. i had soo much fun cos i was glad they were there. we laughed and joked around and after like 15 minutes they said they were leaving . 2 of them dropped their cards and one gave me his personal number and i went back to my meeting.

All in all it was pleasant and wonderful from my point of view . lol . 

What visa did y’all adjust from? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/8/2019 at 5:46 PM, Amadia said:

Man, if anyone came to us, come right ahead, but if they asked our neighbors... Half would respond honestly and in kind, and the other half would go on a tangent about illegals in the country, damn us all. They don't know I'm not American, and won't find out unless they pry and it's on our terms to tell them. I've heard enough from them about "other folks". 

Dangerous game in some places. 

2015-11-23: Last TN received at CBP

2017-06-12: Married

2018-06-25: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-130/I-130A, and I-765 to USCIS

2018-07-24: Biometrics appointment

2018-08-28: Expedite request submitted for EAD via USCIS support line

2018-09-21: EAD and SSN received in the mail

2018-10-31: Interview is scheduled

2018-11-21: Last TN expired

2018-12-11: AOS Interview - Card is being produced

2018-12-18: Green Card received

------------------

2020-09-23: Mailed I-751 to USCIS

2020-10-03: 18-month extension NOA 

2020-10-15: Biometrics from AOS applied to ROC

2020-12-11: Conditional green card expired 

2021-05-17: Card is being produced

2021-05-24: Green Card received

------------------

2021-09-14: Online application for N-400

2022-05-04: Interview is scheduled

2022-06-13: N-400 Interview

2022-06-13: Immediate oath & naturalization certificate!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

how long has it been since your interview? we had our interview on Jan 29, 2019 and still no word. no RFE or anything.  I hope they come do a bed check!

Timeline
On 6/12/2019 at 10:18 PM, Tilde333 said:

how long has it been since your interview? we had our interview on Jan 29, 2019 and still no word. no RFE or anything.  I hope they come do a bed check!

i did my interview in october 2018

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.