JMPM

S&R Membership

12 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, 

I was wondering about S&R Membership if they got bulk candy like M&M's (various flavors) Snickers etc full sized candy bars. I usually buy a few boxes at Costco and pack it, but I rather not carry so much weight and If I could buy it in the Philippines that would be best. My gifts are a bunch of other things that I got from work (Hospitality a lot of convention groups left a lot of amenities behind for lost and found claims)

Anyone have a membership and willing to give me insight in what they got? I've tried to google search even social media message them, but you know how it is in the PH with customer service responses lol

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

S&R is much like Costco, they even have some of the Kirkland items. Great deals on packaged food and liquor. General quality of goods is higher than what is often found in Philippines but there are some items that would not hold up as well as those found in a US Costco. I don't know about candy specifically - they have a lot of stuff and it's a good place to shop so I would say get a membership. I put the membership in my brother-in-law's name so they can use it when we're not there.

http://www.snrshopping.com/products.html

Edited by AKteacher
typo

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

2010-03-02 I-129F Sent

2010-03-08 NOA1

2010-03-09 Check Cashed

2010-03-10 Case "touched"

2010-04-13 Case "touched"

2010-04-15 NOA2

2010-04-21 NVC Received

2010-06-01 K-1 Interview at US Embassy Manila

2010-06-08 Visa Issued

2010-07-08 POE: San Francisco, CA

2010-07-31 Married

2010-09-24 Sent AOS Package (I-185, I-765)

2010-09-27 AOS Package Received at Chicago Lockbox

2010-10-04 NOA (Notice of Receipt) date for I-485 & I-765

2010-10-07 Touch

2010-12-22 Biometrics

2010-12-22 I-485 Interview at Anchorage, AK

2010-12-27 2-yr Green Card Issued

2011-01-10 Green Card Received

2011-05-19 Vacation to Philippines

2011-07-02 Return from Philippines to US

4 hours ago, JMPM said:

Hi Guys, 

I was wondering about S&R Membership if they got bulk candy like M&M's (various flavors) Snickers etc full sized candy bars. I usually buy a few boxes at Costco and pack it, but I rather not carry so much weight and If I could buy it in the Philippines that would be best. My gifts are a bunch of other things that I got from work (Hospitality a lot of convention groups left a lot of amenities behind for lost and found claims)

Anyone have a membership and willing to give me insight in what they got? I've tried to google search even social media message them, but you know how it is in the PH with customer service responses lol

I have not been in S&R but I am thinking the chocolate like M&M and Hershey is not made in the USA, All the stuff like Snickers, Hershey, etc  I see in PHilippines is non American made product and just doesn't taste the same to me  Just a FYI.

They have the address for Davao City listed as McArthrur, The street is Mac Arthur, I guess a 3rd grader did their website

ChickBoy

Yes they do. I remember seeing the in Davao, but not sure in other locations.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Timeline

If you're on facebook. You can find lots of online seller who sells bulk of chocolates at a very cheap price. I believe they were imported from Japan.

Timeline

I was not very impressed with S&R. I paid for a membership and only shopped there once. There are many good grocery stores in the Philippines, especially around Manila where you can get better value. IMO

Unfortunately S&R is the only place in Davao with a lot of American foods. Hard to find some of the things you desire in other stores sometimes. 

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, JMPM said:

Hi Guys, 

Yup they do, as said it is a combination of Costco & Sam's.    I buy the Kirkland coffee when in the Phils, little more expensive, but I don't have to ship it either.   And they have the big bags of Candy.  And the pizza are exactly the same as Costco, plus the hot dogs   (just can't buy the Kirkland hot dogs in the store only the snack bar)

Pure Gold bought S&R a few years ago so they are carrying a different variety of stuff but they still have the bags of candy and bunch of stuff you would find at Costco or Sam's .. yes there is Members Mark stuff at S&R also.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thank you all for the information. I'm going to take a chance and not bring chocolates. It gets heavy. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
30 minutes ago, JMPM said:

Thank you all for the information. I'm going to take a chance and not bring chocolates. It gets heavy. 

We don't bring candy anymore as S&R does carry the majority of what we would bring,   more expensive ... of course, but like said it keep the luggage lighter.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:08 AM, coa24 said:

Unfortunately S&R is the only place in Davao with a lot of American foods. Hard to find some of the things you desire in other stores sometimes. 

SM Langang Mall has a pretty good collection of American Food to buy as well, in the supermarket. 

I found Dr Pepper in Digos city mall last month, hard to Dr. Pepper in the Philippines.

ChickBoy

4 hours ago, Falcon Cara said:

SM Langang Mall has a pretty good collection of American Food to buy as well, in the supermarket. 

I found Dr Pepper in Digos city mall last month, hard to Dr. Pepper in the Philippines.

That's what I was thinking as well. We picked up quite a few things in that grocery store before going up to the Provinces.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.