2,900 posts in this topic

On 7/16/2019 at 9:35 AM, folate said:

Thank you dear 🙏 

On 7/16/2019 at 6:50 AM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You can file vawa even if he withdraws i130 and your i485 is denied! You can always file a fresh i485! Filing VAWA and approval of VAWA are two different things! VAWA will only be approved if you meet the requirements! So if you believe you have all the evidences needed for a successful outcome do please go ahead! Please act now! Whatever your spouse is threatening doesn't happen overnight..start your process..VAWA..and the counter claim Sandra asked you to file! From your anxiety it looks like you do not have an attorney, please secure one now! I believe you have read previous threads..besides the questions you ask here, many answers and great ideas are embedded in those threads! Give it a go..thank me later!😊👍

Appreciate it. Thanks

Edited by TBoneTX

Filed: Other Timeline
2 hours ago, bengolo said:

Good morning ladies and gentleman i pick up my EAC C 31 based on my I 360 which is approved ,my lawyer tells me we need to expect decision soon.Stillwinning!!!😊 as we spoke last week

Congratulations!! 🎊🍾🎉 

I am sure your case was very serious, those tend to go fast. Not to say anyone’s suffering is less. 

Good luck for the next leg, keep us posted. 

9 hours ago, rayofhope said:

Hi House ... May god listens to everyone’s prayer... i getting sleepless nights  its been over 120 days after my i485 no decision till now.. my attorney sent the sr and i checked online it says service request was completed on 8 July it’s been over a week ... don’t know wat wil happen looks like i dont deserve to be happy after so many years of hell ... pls need some prayers🙏🏿🙏🏿

You will soon laugh. IJN

42 minutes ago, dreamer1 said:

Congratulations!! 🎊🍾🎉 

I am sure your case was very serious, those tend to go fast. Not to say anyone’s suffering is less. 

Good luck for the next leg, keep us posted. 

I will let you know for sure like before i keep you updated so you can know how goes cases from cases.

My attorney filed i360 last May and my biometrics appointment is this week. My husband got a mail about our upcoming marriage based i485 interview next month and he said he will go no matter what. I’m afraid about what he’s gonna say. He wants us to get back together but doesn’t want to help me in getting evidence for genuine marriage like bank accounts etc.. i still love my husband but this cycle is killing me. Should I cancel my vawa, attend the interview with my husband and just pray for the best?

i have police reports, restraining order, letter from domestic violence counselor, screenshots etc. i know I have a strong case but I’m totally confused. 

Ladies please advise me what to do

Edited by CrimsonWarrior26
Update details

16 minutes ago, CrimsonWarrior26 said:

My attorney filed i360 last May and my biometrics appointment is this week. My husband got a mail about our upcoming marriage based i485 interview next month and he said he will go no matter what. I’m afraid about what he’s gonna say. He wants us to get back together but doesn’t want to help me in getting evidence for genuine marriage like bank accounts etc.. i still love my husband but this cycle is killing me. Should I cancel my vawa, attend the interview with my husband and just pray for the best?

i have police reports, restraining order, letter from domestic violence counselor, screenshots etc. i know I have a strong case but I’m totally confused. 

Ladies please advise me what to do

I was in a similar situation after the separation, Police report, restraining order, He also wanted to attend to the interview, I was so confuse and vulnerable i also have already filed VAWA when interview  notification was received the was on queque and he also Got it notification because he had my I-485 case number...... So I ask my Lawyer and my lawyer advise me NOT TO TRUST HIM, That this was another manipulation to have control over me and  my immigration case and to keep myself under control forcing me to go back to my abusive relationship.  My lawyer stood up and told me i will go thru this process with you but we cannot look back, GC will take a longer time but you will be free and it will base on you only don't need to rely on him, So I made the decision to move foward with VAWA... this is my personal experience,  Talked to you lawyer to see what she advice.... 

Filed: Other Country: Senegal
Timeline
1 hour ago, bengolo said:

I will let you know for sure like before i keep you updated so you can know how goes cases from cases.

Congratulations, can you please, share your application timeline again? Your journey is impressive. Thanks in advance and best wishes.

14 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

I was in a similar situation after the separation, Police report, restraining order, He also wanted to attend to the interview, I was so confuse and vulnerable i also have already filed VAWA when interview  notification was received the was on queque and he also Got it notification because he had my I-485 case number...... So I ask my Lawyer and my lawyer advise me NOT TO TRUST HIM, That this was another manipulation to have control over me and  my immigration case and to keep myself under control forcing me to go back to my abusive relationship.  My lawyer stood up and told me i will go thru this process with you but we cannot look back, GC will take a longer time but you will be free and it will base on you only don't need to rely on him, So I made the decision to move foward with VAWA... this is my personal experience,  Talked to you lawyer to see what she advice.... 

Thank you for your response. I’m just seeing a lot of delayed processing and afraid i will starve and be homeless if I didn’t succeed. :( On the other hand, I also don’t want to be under his control anymore. I know good husbands don’t treat their wife the way he treats me. How long did you have to wait for your ead?

16 minutes ago, zimbalo said:

Congratulations, can you please, share your application timeline again? Your journey is impressive. Thanks in advance and best wishes.

I apologize i did not explain correct my history with VAWA 

Forms I-131,I-360,I-485,I-765 february 1st 2019 accepted by USCIS

After they received the forms  3 weeks later i ve been on biometrics 

March 2019 USCIS ask for additional evidence (asking for fingerprints for FBI )

May 2019 I-131 form (travel document ) approved together with I-765 c-31 form (Employment authorization card) 

June 2019 where mailed and received from my attorney  ( i picked up )

July 2nd 2019   i got notification for I-360 form said (New card is being produced )

My question is "what card is being produced" is it again  Employment authorization card or something else 

zimbalo

14 minutes ago, CrimsonWarrior26 said:

Thank you for your response. I’m just seeing a lot of delayed processing and afraid i will starve and be homeless if I didn’t succeed. :( On the other hand, I also don’t want to be under his control anymore. I know good husbands don’t treat their wife the way he treats me. How long did you have to wait for your ead?

I received my EAD under I-485 filed by husband in 3 months after filling, and I renewed it again this year for one more year, I went to the interview with my lawyer and officer put I-485 on hold when we gave him I-360 receipt,  with that I can continue renewing my EAD until VAWA gets approved... 

Also keep in mind even if you change your mind, I-360 will appear to the officer at the interview, also you have a restraining order in place against your husband issue by the court and must be follow he cannot be near you, you will have to explain all this scenarios to the officer if you decided to move forward with your I-485. Considering you do it may not look good , the officer can claim you went back with your husband just for the benefits of the Green card, after claiming abuse and filed VAWA.... This discrepancy can red flag your case and delay as well, I recommend you to talked to your lawyer to make the best decision on your case. 

Edited by FeDaniela

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.