2,900 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, Progress40 said:

Hi Guys ,

I just joined this forum after reviewing posts by different members.  I need some guidance and I never see to get this from lawyers.

I file my VAWA petition in October 2018 and I received pre ma facie determination in December 2018. Recently I received an email June, 07  that my petition was undergoing Initial Review,  please what does this mean?

Also I have been scheduled for an I-485 AOS Interview in two weeks time.  Do I need to attend this interview, considering I am no longer with my spouse and also that I have put in a VAWA petition. If so, do I need to attend the interview with a lawyer? 

You urgent response will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Very surprise October 2018 is undergoing to an initial review... 😊  good news for us folks in 2018 pending.... Regarding your I-485 you should attend to this interview and is best to attend with your attorney as well if you have one and you can afford it. At the interview you should explain to  the Officer you file for VAWA give him a copy of your I-360 Receipt, please ask them if they can hold your I-485 until I-360 is adjudicated, most of the officer agrees with this....  Hope this one does. Good luck

1 hour ago, HolaBola31 said:

I sent it to Chicago because I was applying under C09 category with my I-485 pending petition.

My attorney also sent mine to NBC...but the correct destination is Vermont since you filed for i360! Anyway..Sandra mentioned that it will eventually be directed to the right place..only that it delays your case a bit! No worries!👍

20 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

Very surprise October 2018 is undergoing to an initial review... 😊  good news for us folks in 2018 pending.... Regarding your I-485 you should attend to this interview and is best to attend with your attorney as well if you have one and you can afford it. At the interview you should explain to  the Officer you file for VAWA give him a copy of your I-360 Receipt, please ask them if they can hold your I-485 until I-360 is adjudicated, most of the officer agrees with this....  Hope this one does. Good luck

Is it October 2018 or October 2017 instead? Wow if it’s 2018, how lucky @Progress40  please share a timeline :)

Hi guys i got question for you might someone got answer 

i apply for Vawa case to USCIS  form I-131,I-360,I-485,I-765 and USCIS accept on february 1 

long story short i received the work authorization card and my SSN based on I-765 month ago 

today i got notification under I-360 that new card is being produced 

So my question is "what card is being produced" is it again some Employment authorization card or something else 

7 minutes ago, bengolo said:

i apply for Vawa case to USCIS  form I-131,I-360,I-485,I-765 and USCIS accept on february 1 

long story short i received the work authorization card and my SSN based on I-765 month ago 

So my question is "what card is being produced" is it again some Employment authorization card or something else 

When you say Feb 1st do you mean 2017 2018 or 2019? Usually what you just said means your VAWA has been approved except you alter your post above! So please clarify..or else congratulations are in order!🌟🙌

35 minutes ago, Optimistic1986 said:

Is it October 2018 or October 2017 instead? Wow if it’s 2018, how lucky @Progress40  please share a timeline :)

Lol I know right..😀 but it's not an approval..it's a review..many folks get that..especially when they freshly apply..or submit new evidence...but what do we know? 😏 let's hope for the best!😀🙌

I apologize i did not explain correct my history with VAWA 

Forms I-131,I-360,I-485,I-765 february 1st 2019 accepted by USCIS

After they received the forms  3 weeks later i ve been on biometrics 

March 2019 USCIS ask for additional evidence (asking for fingerprints for FBI )

May 2019 I-131 form (travel document ) approved together with I-765 c-31 form (Employment authorization card) 

June 2019 where mailed and received from my attorney  ( i picked up )

July 2nd 2019   i got notification for I-360 form said (New card is being produced )

My question is "what card is being produced" is it again  Employment authorization card or something else 

Every answer is appreciated thanks 

3 minutes ago, bengolo said:

May 2019 I-131 form (travel document ) approved together with I-765 c-31 form (Employment authorization card) 

July 2nd 2019   i got notification for I-360 form said (New card is being produced )

My question is "what card is being produced" is it again  Employment authorization card or something else 

Well I haven't heard of any 2019 approvals..but still the way you put it..seems like the approval routine/procedure..chances are it might be the work authorization update..because sometimes..it happens like that..for example my file was moved to local office on the 18th but got update on 25th saying it was moved on the 18th..etc...but I would love for yours to be an actual approval...since non of us work at USCIS, we'll wait for you to tell us what it is when you know for sure!☺👍

8 minutes ago, bengolo said:

does your EAD say CO9? or C31 let's know!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
57 minutes ago, bengolo said:

All notifications under i360 receipts mean something has been updated with your VAWA petition. You wouldn’t know until you actually got the card in hand and check if it is C31 category. If that’s the case, then your case has been approved and yours would also be one of the fastest approvals in recent years.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Progress40 said:

Hi Guys ,

I just joined this forum after reviewing posts by different members.  I need some guidance and I never see to get this from lawyers.

I file my VAWA petition in October 2018 and I received pre ma facie determination in December 2018. Recently I received an email June, 07  that my petition was undergoing Initial Review,  please what does this mean?

Also I have been scheduled for an I-485 AOS Interview in two weeks time.  Do I need to attend this interview, considering I am no longer with my spouse and also that I have put in a VAWA petition. If so, do I need to attend the interview with a lawyer? 

You urgent response will be appreciated.

Thank you.

That email will happen frequently even your case has been approved. 

You should attend ur interview with your NOA1 notice from VAWA and ask that your I485 be put on hold. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

1 minute ago, Strife said:

All notifications under i360 receipts mean something has been updated with your VAWA petition. You wouldn’t know until you actually got the card in hand and check if it is C31 category. If that’s the case, then your case has been approved and yours would also be one of the fastest approvals in recent years.

Exactly!☺👍

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, HolaBola31 said:

I sent it to Chicago because I was applying under C09 category with my I-485 pending petition.

If you are renewing  your EAD after you filed VAWA then you submitted  to the wrong place. Everyone who files VAWA must submit to Vermont  everything,even to renew the EAD.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.