Eric Bargemann

May 23 Interview Approvals Not Yet Issued

61 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi fellow VJ members! Anyone out there with an interview date of May 23 still waiting in AP status for their visa to be issued? I noticed some others here on VJ and in other support groups and wanted to know if anyone had any insight on the situation. Our interview was very short (3-5 min) with only few questions before approval (no 221g). However, it took until May 28 to show Immigrant AP and did not switch to NonImmigrant AP until June 3. Now, we are still in AP awaiting ISSUED status. 

While I have seen many (as in 10+) May 28/30 interviews already have their visa in hand by now, I have only found two so far from the 23rd. I’m wondering how many of us are out there in the same boat. Hard to understand why a simple approval from a week prior (23rd) is delayed issuance while many from a full week later (30th) are already out and in hand. (Then again, it’s hard to really understand the rhyme or reason behind the pace of any step in the K1 process. 😂)

If nothing else, this topic was made for us to band together as we wait for that amazing ISSUED status. Just a little bit longer! We can do it! 🤝

Timeline

Hello there! I’m not from the 5/23 approval but I’m on the 5/30. I’m still waiting for my ISSUED status too but has been on nonimmigrant AP since 5/31. 

I noticed the trend too because I knew people too who were on 5/23 but are still waiting on the ISSUED status on CEAC. Some of them got their visa already and some just got the issued status. 

Hopefully yours and the others move already. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, BlaJaz said:

We had our interview on May 23rd as well. Very simple interview. We are still AP as well. This is going to cost us to miss her flight :(

My guess would be that they misplaced a whole stack of cases. Wonder if there's any way we can get them to fix this? 

I’m calling the embassy to inquire now. Stay tuned.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, VIP_LadyLuck said:

That is more than the 10 day mark. I would call the embassy for information.

Per CEAC:

If you have not received your passport in more than 10 days after your interview, please contact the Embassy call center at (02) 982-5555 and (02) 902-8930, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, to track the delivery of your passport. 

For more information, please visit U.S. Embassy Manila.

Good luck and I hope you'll receive it next week!

I just called and the only thing the representative was able to tell me was that each visa’s timing is on a case by case basis—which is true however there are so many of us in this predicament. I made a point of that to the rep, asking if there could have been a stack of visa apps overlooked or misplaced. She advised that while she can’t confirm any such information, the timing of each visa’s issuance is dependent upon the consular officer adjudicating it (slightly more specific response when challenged lol).

So what we’re likely dealing with is a consular officer that is either slower or more meticulous. Greeeeat. 🙄 Praying for us all to see ISSUED soon! Keep us updated on your progress everyone. 🙂

Timeline

Hello! Don’t know if anyone is interested but I’ll still update here lol. My visa status on CEAC is already ISSUED as of today around 4pm. I know it is around that because I checked around 3:30pm and it’s still on AP. lol

For the other VJ peeps who are still waiting on their status to go from AP to ISSUED, I know it’s easier than done but please hang tight. Sir @Hank_@Greenbaum and others were right that once it switched to nonimmigrant from immigrant, it means it’ll be soon. 

Praying for everyone! 

Timeline

😤😤😤 so far i just found 3 people here who had the same interview date as mine and not issued status yet like me. 😦 hopefully ours will be issued soon too

I believe the CO told applicants that the processing of the visa will take 2 to 4 weeks. Even told some applicants not to book flights until they have their visa on hand.

I honestly wouldn't do anything (except to wait impatiently) until it's past the 4 weeks standard timeframe.

I am guilty of comparing my timeline to others too but at the end, I use it as a way to predict my application's outcome so I can plan ahead. So far, that has worked for me. 

We're lucky that everything on our end was fast and fuss-free but believe me, we've always come up with the worst possible scenario and devise a plan to overcome it (if it were to happen).

Someone said before that instead of stalking the ceac website for status change, try to do something else--look around for things to dispose, reconnect with family and friends, try reaching some personal, short-term goals.

Hope this helps!

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Apr 23, 2024: CEAC website shows "Paid"

Apr 25, 2024: Uploaded Civil and Financial documents

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

13 minutes ago, MarryMe987654 said:

I believe the CO told applicants that the processing of the visa will take 2 to 4 weeks. Even told some applicants not to book flights until they have their visa on hand.

I honestly wouldn't do anything (except to wait impatiently) until it's past the 4 weeks standard timeframe.

I am guilty of comparing my timeline to others too but at the end, I use it as a way to predict my application's outcome so I can plan ahead. So far, that has worked for me. 

We're lucky that everything on our end was fast and fuss-free but believe me, we've always come up with the worst possible scenario and devise a plan to overcome it (if it were to happen).

Someone said before that instead of stalking the ceac website for status change, try to do something else--look around for things to dispose, reconnect with family and friends, try reaching some personal, short-term goals.

Hope this helps!

But this is a whole day's worth of applicants having issues. This isn't a "case by case" basis. 

5 minutes ago, BlaJaz said:

But this is a whole day's worth of applicants having issues. This isn't a "case by case" basis. 

I believe that is a very lose assumption to make because we cannot create the stats based on 2-3 people that mentioned not having an update on their status (please correct me if my numbers are wrong). There's a lot of factors that comes with each and every application. In addition, VJ doesn't have all the people that got interviewed on that day.

Anyways, my point in my previous post is, if it's not beyond the 4 weeks mentioned by the CO, then do not press the panic button yet.

New Petition:

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

12 minutes ago, MarryMe987654 said:

I believe that is a very lose assumption to make because we cannot create the stats based on 2-3 people that mentioned not having an update on their status (please correct me if my numbers are wrong). There's a lot of factors that comes with each and every application. In addition, VJ doesn't have all the people that got interviewed on that day.

Anyways, my point in my previous post is, if it's not beyond the 4 weeks mentioned by the CO, then do not press the panic button yet.

There's been more than 2 or 3 way more. Only know of 2 that has been issued. For other dates more recent almost everyone has been issued already as a matter of fact haven't heard of any that aren't issued yet after our dates.

If it was only 2 or 3, and that was a common issue then I wouldn't be concerned. 

I wish there's a way for us to know the real stats such as the percentage of people that is on 'Issued', 'AP', or visa on-hand status. Personally, if I see more than 10 people talking about it for just a single interview date, that could be 10% or less of the immigrant application on that day, then I would be worried. I know that as individual, it's easy to be worked up on what's actually going on in your application and you just really want to get this over with but at this point, you can choose to wait or call for your own peace of mind. Just don't be surprise if they give you the standard answer if it hasn't been over 4 weeks yet since the interview date. 

New Petition:

6 minutes ago, MarryMe987654 said:

I wish there's a way for us to know the real stats such as the percentage of people that is on 'Issued', 'AP', or visa on-hand status. Personally, if I see more than 10 people talking about it for just a single interview date, that could be 10% or less of the immigrant application on that day, then I would be worried. I know that as individual, it's easy to be worked up on what's actually going on in your application and you just really want to get this over with but at this point, you can choose to wait or call for your own peace of mind. Just don't be surprise if they give you the standard answer if it hasn't been over 4 weeks yet since the interview date. 

There are close to that many that have been issued after June 29th and June 30th dates. That's only the people that have spoken up on one Facebook group that is just a small fraction of people. It really has something to do with a whole stack of cases. 

Edited by BlaJaz

6 minutes ago, BlaJaz said:

There are close to that many that have been issued after June 29th and June 30th dates. That's only the people that have spoken up on one Facebook group that is just a small fraction of people. It really has something to do with a whole stack of cases. 

You could be right. It would be very hard for me to assume though. But I wish you and everyone else the best as this is just a practice run of what's to come (Traveling, settling down, getting married, AOS, finding work, ROC, naturalization, etc.)

New Petition:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.