6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Whyyyyyyyyyyyy is Morocco so slow when it comes to issuing visas?? My husband's interview was 2 weeks ago and we're STILL waiting. It finally issued last week but now with Eid coming up this week I just feel like they're using that and Ramadan as an excuse to move at snail's pace, even Aramex is closing for 2 days this week for Eid.. We spoke to a few other people who got approved there and their visas haven't made it to Aramex yet either. Does anyone know if the consulate makes bulk shipments of passports w/ visas to Aramex like once a week or something? This whole process just took so long and I'm ready for it to be over already and have my husband here. It's like we're so close to the end yet still so far:clock:.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Aramex ships to and from the embassy on a daily basis

Recent visa issue was issued and printed March 7 and finally got the visa thru Aramex April10th 

No idea why a printed visa can't go to Aramex the same or next day but it doesn't

They are not using Ramadan but the embassy was closed Monday for Memorial Day

you can see a list of holidays for the embassy (both US and Moroccan)

Don't buy the flight till you have that visa in hand

Edited by adil-rafa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You are married less than 2 years so this process is far from over

keep all your documents as you will be renewing the 2 year green card in less time than you  think

and all this is a "hurry up and wait"

after that there is naturalization

immigration is not fast in any of these processes or steps

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
10 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Aramex ships to and from the embassy on a daily basis

Recent visa issue was issued and printed March 7 and finally got the visa thru Aramex April10th 

No idea why a printed visa can't go to Aramex the same or next day but it doesn't

They are not using Ramadan but the embassy was closed Monday for Memorial Day

you can see a list of holidays for the embassy (both US and Moroccan)

Don't buy the flight till you have that visa in hand

Yes I'm fully aware that we shouldn't get a planet ticket until he has the visa.

3 minutes ago, kris&me said:

You are married less than 2 years so this process is far from over

keep all your documents as you will be renewing the 2 year green card in less time than you  think

and all this is a "hurry up and wait"

after that there is naturalization

immigration is not fast in any of these processes or steps

I understand the process isn't over, but at least all the other stuff we can go through together. I'm strictly talking about us being physically thousands of miles apart right now.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, ZemBaby9188 said:

why are all these ppl in morocco getting their visa in 2-3 days from issuance and my husband is still waiting over a week?????:crying:

Is this a rhetorical question?🤭

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.