11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good write-up  :thumbs:

All goes to show that the confident and self-assured have fewer issues ..     

Those that are timid or shy tend to draw more attention.

And yes for sure being prepared with all the documents saves extra trips, should they hit you for "additional documents"

Thanks

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 hours ago, Del A. said:

(I feel I shouldn't disclose too much because the form was confidential to begin with).

I guess you're also going to follow the making sure you pay your income taxes to the Philippines as instructed during the presentation. The form is available online. Buried in their website. 

Gcp is just another step to extract money from people. My wife was sending me photos of the slides presented. She was amused at some of the silly info. While waiting after the presentation my wife was video chatting with me. She said she was the only married one there the rest were k-1 visa holders that already got their visas. She said they all looked nervous vOv

She was second to last to be called. I stayed on the video chat and greeted the interviewer then I hung up. 

The interviewer got caught up in conversation with my wife for like 40 mins because she was telling her of all the places in America she visited during her J 1 program. Lost track of time.  

She has to go a second time when she gets her visa but this step is also out of the way. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, JMPM said:

I guess you're also going to follow the making sure you pay your income taxes to the Philippines as instructed during the presentation.

Nah, we didn't have anything like that in my seminar experience.

3 hours ago, JMPM said:

Gcp is just another step to extract money from people. My wife was sending me photos of the slides presented. She was amused at some of the silly info. While waiting after the presentation my wife was video chatting with me. She said she was the only married one there the rest were k-1 visa holders that already got their visas. She said they all looked nervous vOv

If your wife found the presentation and some of the info silly, I guess that's a good thing for you guys (either that or your wife had to sit through a terrible session, LOL. My session was pretty alright); she must have been knowledgeable enough to begin with, especially considering she'd already been around the states beforehand. 😉 But to everyone else who was nervous, it was probably a whole new experience for them; and they'd benefit more from what the presentation could teach them.

3 hours ago, JMPM said:

The interviewer got caught up in conversation with my wife for like 40 mins because she was telling her of all the places in America she visited during her J 1 program. Lost track of time.  

I wish I had the same luxury of taking my sweet time to talk more.  LOL. I enjoy a good conversation. But sadly, there were people waiting in line behind me. 😉

Glad that hurdle is over for the both of us. Good luck to you guys! 😁

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Hank_ said:

And yes for sure being prepared with all the documents saves extra trips, should they hit you for "additional documents"

Thanks, Hank!

And yes, having all documents on-hand throughout the visa process ensures you have everything you need regardless of which phase you're in. I can use the files I prepared for the CFO Seminar for the embassy interview. 😊

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I have a question for this CFO procedure requirement, not sure if this is the right forum, my husband is about to make an appointment soon, but we have not registered our marriage in the Philippines bec we were married here in NY and the embassy did not ask for it during the whole processing of his paperworks. He already got approved of his visa last wk and now waiting for delivery. I went to the embassy here to do so, but now they are asking me to annotate the divorce I had from my previous marriage 10 yrs ago - first in the Philippines (my first husband is also filipino but we were also married & divorced here) before i can complete my registration. I was dreading this procedure because of the cost, time and all that extra steps in the Philippine court system—- and take note we were’nt even registered back home on that marriage —- anyways. The only thing that shows the marriage part will be on my certificate which they are requiring to have the number of marriages on the bottom. I am kinda lost here—- and of course my American lawyer doesnt know anything beyond this as well—- any suggestions? Or info would be greatly appreciated- i just want my hubby back soon.

Edited by AGSantander

Timeline
1 hour ago, AGSantander said:

Hi,

I have a question for this CFO procedure requirement, not sure if this is the right forum, my husband is about to make an appointment soon, but we have not registered our marriage in the Philippines bec we were married here in NY and the embassy did not ask for it during the whole processing of his paperworks. He already got approved of his visa last wk and now waiting for delivery. I went to the embassy here to do so, but now they are asking me to annotate the divorce I had from my previous marriage 10 yrs ago - first in the Philippines (my first husband is also filipino but we were also married & divorced here**) before i can complete my registration. I was dreading this procedure because of the cost, time and all that extra steps in the Philippine court system—- and take note we were’nt even registered back home on that marriage —- anyways. The only thing that shows the marriage part will be on my certificate which they are requiring to have the number of marriages on the bottom. I am kinda lost here—- and of course my American lawyer doesnt know anything beyond this as well—- any suggestions? Or info would be greatly appreciated- i just want my hubby back soon.

Here is the CFO guide with links to CFO for scheduling appts.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo.html

By married and divorced "here" you are referring to NY.    Did you ever reported your marriage with your previous husband  in the Philippines (Philippine consulate/PSA) ?

Have any of your marriages been reported to the Philippines?   (BTW you are not required to report your marriage to the Philippines if you choose not too)

Obviously being you are IR/CR-1 you are a USC.   For CFO make sure your husband has a copy of your previous divorce (does not need to be recognized by the Philippines) 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hi Hank,

No , none of them were all reported-  i was just doing the report for this CFO’s counseling sake.. lol and then they told me to attach all these other docs of the divorce registration along with my application for this current marriage registration. 

I just actually read another post of someone having the same dilemna- and it worked by just having all the other docs at hand and he got his- hopefully my hubby will have the same. 

Its been a long journey for this ordeal on our part- but God has been good. I will update as soon were done - im a bit relieved now. Thanks so much.

Timeline
2 hours ago, AGSantander said:

Hi Hank,

No , none of them were all reported-  i was just doing the report for this CFO’s counseling sake << Truly not necessary for CFO   .. lol and then they told me to attach all these other docs of the divorce registration along with my application for this current marriage registration. 

I just actually read another post of someone having the same dilemna- and it worked by just having all the other docs at hand and he got his- hopefully my hubby will have the same. 

Its been a long journey for this ordeal on our part- but God has been good. I will update as soon were done - im a bit relieved now. Thanks so much.

Forget about ROM for now .. UNLESS you really want to complete ROM  ;)  

Just have copies of the divorce decrees for CFO, plus the documents list on the website I listed earlier.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.