hassam03

AOS done in 3months March-May 2019

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, FilAm24 said:

well not really.. my aos took less than 3 months and card arrive less than a week..so i guess its really depends to the case too because in our LFO i know some people from my country that their aos took 6 to 9 months.

That's what i was thinking i can't be the only one here anyways congrats

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, hassam03 said:

Hi I filed for AOS  on 27feb 2019 and today i received my green card in mail.The whole process took three months maybe the waiting time is less now or maybe it was just a straight forward case can't say for sure but whoever is waiting i hope you get yours as soon as possible and I would like to thank the members of visajourney for the help since the time i joined.

Goodluck everyone :)

Maybe i misunderstood but you started your process back in 2017. So its was not just really 3 months..or am i wrong..

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Marion63 said:

Maybe i misunderstood but you started your process back in 2017. So its was not just really 3 months..or am i wrong..

Yeah you did get it wrong i applied for AOS 3 months ago which is short form of adjust of status.In 2017 December i applied for the k1 visa.So these are two different cases.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Congrats!

it depends a lot on the field office and their backlog. the processing time is 3 - 6 months for a number of field offices whereas its around 12-24 months for some as well. in NYC there are multiple field offices depending on the zip code some for example queens is way faster than the others.

Wow if it’s the the NYC (Manhattan) office then processing time is 20-30 months! The other boroughs are shorter waiting times.

I’m in Manhattan, filed mid March (from K1), Bio in April and I am settled in for a long wait.  This surprises me a lot but congrats! 

17 hours ago, mniceguy16 said:

So your green card took just 1 week to arrive? After approval? I came in on cr1 visa almost a month ago and I am yet to receive my gc, well it does not affect me though was just curious on how fast yours was printed.

Mine took 63 days after arriving with my IR-1. Crazy. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 hours ago, HRQX said:

I thought NYC offices were slow? Or does OP not live in NYC?

Yeah, I know someone who took more than a year to get an interview. They sent their AOS sept 2017 and did interview October of 2018

Timeline
8 hours ago, Bajinga said:

Congrats!

it depends a lot on the field office and their backlog. the processing time is 3 - 6 months for a number of field offices whereas its around 12-24 months for some as well. in NYC there are multiple field offices depending on the zip code some for example queens is way faster than the others.

Thankyou so much !! Yeah maybe thats what it was 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

Wow if it’s the the NYC (Manhattan) office then processing time is 20-30 months! The other boroughs are shorter waiting times.

I’m in Manhattan, filed mid March (from K1), Bio in April and I am settled in for a long wait.  This surprises me a lot but congrats! 

Thankyou!! Maybe they'll do it in the same time for you too, you never know really.Hope for the best Good luck :)

5 minutes ago, hassam03 said:

Thankyou!! Maybe they'll do it in the same time for you too, you never know really.Hope for the best Good luck :)

Was your Field Office in downtown Manhattan or a different borough? And thank you! 

2 hours ago, hassam03 said:

Mine was Queens Field Office

Ah ok so not the NYC office which is 20-30 months so that makes sense 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.