nkayx

More than one RFE

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello, has anyone ever received multiple RFEs for their k1 visa (awaiting NOA2). 

We sent out our RFE response on May 6.  We wanted an update so we called USCIS today and we were told that they mailed out a request for evidence. Could it be that their system has not updated? Or are multiple RFEs possible?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, nkayx said:

Hello, has anyone ever received multiple RFEs for their k1 visa (awaiting NOA2). 

We sent out our RFE response on May 6.  We wanted an update so we called USCIS today and we were told that they mailed out a request for evidence. Could it be that their system has not updated? Or are multiple RFEs possible?

On rare occasions 

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Possible, but most likely system is reflecting the original RFE.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
58 minutes ago, nkayx said:

I’m going to show you a few that I have found that did get more than one RFE.  You case is a bit different from others.  I wouldn’t be too alarmed by it. It could be what I don’t member if you mentioned but I have in fact seen it with a Jordan member too. Let me find it and send it to you. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

Timeline
13 minutes ago, SJordanS said:

I’m going to show you a few that I have found that did get more than one RFE.  You case is a bit different from others.  I wouldn’t be too alarmed by it. It could be what I don’t member if you mentioned but I have in fact seen it with a Jordan member too. Let me find it and send it to you. 

Oh God I was really hoping we were given wrong information. I guess we gotta roll with the punches. Thanks Sue! 

Timeline
Just now, nkayx said:

Oh God I was really hoping we were given wrong information. I guess we gotta roll with the punches. Thanks Sue! 

Its very possible the other members were right. But the ones that I did see that had two RFE ultimately were approved anyways

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

Timeline
9 minutes ago, SJordanS said:

Its very possible the other members were right. But the ones that I did see that had two RFE ultimately were approved anyways

Yeah I just gotta keep the finish line in mind :) 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 hours ago, nkayx said:

Maybe ask them at what date was RFE sent? That way you should be able to figure out if it is old or new. To answer your questions their guidelines tell them to minimize chances of multiple RFE by asking for ALL missing information in a single request, but rarely multiple RFEs do happen. 

21 hours ago, nkayx said:

Here is the answer to your question taken directly from the Adjudicator's Field Manual. Your answer is in the last paragraph.

PM-602-0163

Issuance of Certain RFEs and NOIDs; Revisions to Adjudicator's Field Manual (AFM) Chapter 10.5(a), and 10.5(b)

Pagc5

Implementation

The Adjudicator's Field Manual (AFM) is revised as follows:

(1) Chapter 10.5(a) is revised as follows:

(a) General.

(2) Considerations Prior to Issuing RFEs.

Initial case review should be thorough. Although the burden of proof is on the applicant, petitioner, or requestor, before issuing an RFE or NOID, an officer may assess whether the information needed is available in USCIS databases or systems. Occasionally, certain evidence or information not submitted with the application, petition, or request may be readily accessible in other USCIS records or otherwise available from external sources. If such information is available in USCIS databases or systems, an officer may obtain the information from these sources rather than issuing an RFE or a NOID. Adjudicators have the discretion to validate assertions or corroborate evidence and information by consulting USCIS or other governmental files, systems, and databases, or by obtaining publicly available information. 8 USC 1357(b).

An officer should not request evidence that is outside the scope of the adjudication or otherwise irrelevant to an identified deficiency. In general, officers may, but are not required to, issue RFEs or NOIDs, and they retain the discretion to deny a request for ineligibility without issuing an RFE or NOID.

When an RFE is appropriate, it should:

1.        identify the eligibility requirement(s) that has not been established and why the evidence submitted was not sufficient;

2.        identify any missing evidence specifically required by the applicable statute, regulation, or form instruction;

3.        identify examples of other evidence that may be submitted to establish eligibility; and

4.        request that evidence.

The RFE should ask for all of the additional evidence the officer anticipates having to request and state the deadline for response. The officer's careful consideration of all the apparent gaps in the evidence will minimize the issuance of multiple RFEs or denials for failure to establish eligibility for the benefit sought. In certain instances the evidence provided in response to an RFE may raise eligibility questions that the adjudicator did not identify during initial case review or open up new lines of inquiry. In such a case, a follow-up RFE or a NOID might be warranted. Failure to submit requested evidence which precludes a material line of inquiry, however, will be grounds for denying the request. 8 CFR 103.2(b)(14).

information is relevant and is classified under Executive Order No. 12356 as requiring protection from unauthorized disclosure in the interest of national security.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
On 5/30/2019 at 7:21 PM, nkayx said:

We did yesterday get our 2nd one... we're waiting for the mail now, but on our USCIS account it's already updated. Do you  have an account? If yes, maybe could you see some information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.