Greenbaum

JUNE 2019 K-1 FILERS

1,043 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
9 hours ago, brainless69 said:

Wow, that’s a very long wait! Did you receive a received update for your RFE
hope an approval will come for you this week.

Yes they received it our response October 23rd but no update yet. Thanks! Really crossing my fingers it comes through this week as well

6 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

You should hear good news soon. Also, there is some housekeeping matters that we need you to complete, please. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks

Thanks! Have filled out as much info as possible :)

6 hours ago, Pooja89 said:

Please note my k1 visa petition is going to expire on 1/01/2020. And I have paid visa fee and want to schedule an appointment but first available appointment date is 17/01/2020. What should I do?

Since I do not know your embassy and each embassy is different I cannot respond to your questions. If you complete your profile it will help. Instructions to do so are just above your post. It pays to read every post to learn and helps you not to ask questions that others have asked. Thanks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

19 hours ago, Dale. said:

I'm still here lol  

I know it's tough when everyone has gone on from your group, but the wait will be worth it. Trust me I have been there you just have to hang on and believe in your relationship.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

On 11/20/2019 at 8:45 PM, flfreddy said:

K1- Approved... now awaiting visa and passport pick-up

May 20 2019 - Nov 21 2019 .... 6 mths.... 

Interview was shaky until she pulled out my USA passport to show I am outside waiting and then it went very smooth after.

Nice ace in the hole congrats to you both!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
22 hours ago, Dale. said:

I'm still here lol  

Me too dale, me too. It’s rough seeing people get k1 visa approvals in our June group and we haven’t even gotten our NOA2’s. Our applications must have gotten stuck on old mate Stan’s desk who likes to chit chat to Nancy in the next cubicle about conspiracy theories🤣

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
5 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

I know it's tough when everyone has gone on from your group, but the wait will be worth it. Trust me I have been there you just have to hang on and believe in your relationship.

Thank you Sarge. I am super happy for everyone moving on and I have total faith in the relationship. Just wanted to bump this up for those still waiting.  For them to know they are not alone   

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jsg2016 said:

Me too dale, me too. It’s rough seeing people get k1 visa approvals in our June group and we haven’t even gotten our NOA2’s. Our applications must have gotten stuck on old mate Stan’s desk who likes to chit chat to Nancy in the next cubicle about conspiracy theories🤣

Thank you for the laugh!!! 

Have you thought about giving them a call?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Dale. said:

Thank you for the laugh!!! 

Have you thought about giving them a call?

Glad I could lighten up the mood for you for a split second!

I don’t think calling does much, but it gives me something to look forward to every week. I’ve called every Friday the past 5 or so weeks. Just get the same ol’ “you’re still in the normal process waiting period.” Although this past week the guy was a bit more friendly and empathetic towards me. He had a “what the heck why are u not approved yet” attitude and gave me a sincere cheer up pep talk. He said he doesn’t see any red flags on my file and he doesn’t understand why I haven’t heard anything yet, but unfortunately nothing he can do at this point in time. 

I realize though that I am not special enough for the government to owe me anything in a timely fashion lol so I just keep waiting! That’s all I can do I suppose. This website is great, but also gets me pretty down. So been laying low for a while. I hope you are hanging in there !!

Edited by Jsg2016

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Jsg2016 said:

Glad I could lighten up the mood for you for a split second!

I don’t think calling does much, but it gives me something to look forward to every week. I’ve called every Friday the past 5 or so weeks. Just get the same ol’ “you’re still in the normal process waiting period.” Although this past week the guy was a bit more friendly and empathetic towards me. He had a “what the heck why are u not approved yet” attitude and gave me a sincere cheer up pep talk. He said he doesn’t see any red flags on my file and he doesn’t understand why I haven’t heard anything yet, but unfortunately nothing he can do at this point in time. 

I realize though that I am not special enough for the government to owe me anything in a timely fashion lol so I just keep waiting! That’s all I can do I suppose. This website is great, but also gets me pretty down. So been laying low for a while. I hope you are hanging in there !!

That was really nice of the guy.  I understand the laying low.  Good news is coming your way and before you know it the wait will be over.  Thanks for checking in and sharing.  I really do enjoy hearing how you are going.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Embassy received our stuff a couple weeks ago but we decided since my man wants to spend Christmas with his family we would wait till closer to holidays for the interview so we aren't rushing with the medical.  The big interview is December 16th . UK embassy didn't send us p3 just a email from nvc.  I really wanted to spend Christmas with him but at same point hes the one whoose going to have to adapt to so many new things  so I'm just sitting here patient and full of support and love. And anxiety.  But mostly love.  Hope those waiting for Noa2 get it next week .  I check this forum a couple times a week still hoping to see more good news .

~My ❤️ is in Ireland~
NOA1 06/14/2019

27 minutes ago, Alexa&Nathan said:

Embassy received our stuff a couple weeks ago but we decided since my man wants to spend Christmas with his family we would wait till closer to holidays for the interview so we aren't rushing with the medical.  The big interview is December 16th . UK embassy didn't send us p3 just a email from nvc.  I really wanted to spend Christmas with him but at same point hes the one whoose going to have to adapt to so many new things  so I'm just sitting here patient and full of support and love. And anxiety.  But mostly love.  Hope those waiting for Noa2 get it next week .  I check this forum a couple times a week still hoping to see more good news .

Very good attitude!

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Alexa&Nathan said:

Such a wonderful attitude.  There will be many christmases (is that a word!!) Shared together very soon for you both!!  Congrats on the interview stage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.