JanettRod

DS260 QUESTION, AGAIN.

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

HI EVERYONE, THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS.

IM PRETTY MUCH DONE WITH THE DS260, I JUST HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS INREGARDS TO SOME QUESTIONS AND I WANT RO MAKE SURE I ANSWERED THEM CORRECTLY BEFORE SUBMITTING.

A LITTLE BIT ABOUT MY HUSBAND, HES BEEN HERE SINCE AGE 4, 29 NOW. NEVER LEFT THE COUNTRY, DID NOT ENTER WITH A VISA SO HES HERE ILLEGALLY. ONLY ARREST WAS AT AGE 18. NO VISAS PRIOR. WE DO HAVE OUR i601 APROOVED

THEIRS 4 QUESTIONS...

1. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE US FOR MORE THAN ONE YEAR OR MORE THAN ONE YEAR IN THE AGGREGATE AT ANY TIME DURING THE LAST 10 YRS? I ANSWERED NO (I HONESTLY DONT UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION, I EVEN GOOGLED "AGGREGATE" LOL)

2.CAN YOU SPEAK/READ LANGUAGE OTHER THAN YOUR NATIVE LANGUAGE? ANSWERED YES (ENGLISH)

3.HAVE YOU EVER BEEN UNLAWFULLY PRESENT, OVERSTAYED THE AMOUNT OF TIME GRANTED BY AN IMMIGRATION OFFICIAL OR OTHERWISE VIOLATED THE TERMS OF A US VISA? I ANSWERED YES (SINCE HES BEEN HERE SINCE AGE 4 (UNLAWFULLY PRESENT) EVEN THOUGH THE OTHER PART HAS TO DO WITH A VISA)

4. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE US FOR MORE THAN 180 DAYS(BUT NO MORE THAN ONE YEAR) AND HAVE VOLUNTARILY DEPARTED THE US WITHIN THE LAST THREE YEARS? ANSWERED NO (HES NEVER LEFT) BUT ALTHOUGH HE IS UNLAWFULY PRESENT, 

5.HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ARRESTED OR CONVICTED FOR ANY OFFENSE OR CRIME EVEN THOUGH SUBJECT OF A PARDON, AMNESTY, OR OTHER SIMILAR ACTION? ANSWERED YES (SINCE HE DID GET ARRESTED AT AGE 18, WE WILL BE SUBMITING COPIES OF HIS CASE BEING DISMISSED)

ANYWAY, ITS LONG BUT I TRULY THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, THIS IS VERY CONFUSING AND DONT WANT TO MESS UP, PLEASE HELP. WOULD LIKE TO SUBMIT ASAP. 

9 minutes ago, JanettRod said:

HI EVERYONE, THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS.

IM PRETTY MUCH DONE WITH THE DS260, I JUST HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS INREGARDS TO SOME QUESTIONS AND I WANT RO MAKE SURE I ANSWERED THEM CORRECTLY BEFORE SUBMITTING.

A LITTLE BIT ABOUT MY HUSBAND, HES BEEN HERE SINCE AGE 4, 29 NOW. NEVER LEFT THE COUNTRY, DID NOT ENTER WITH A VISA SO HES HERE ILLEGALLY. ONLY ARREST WAS AT AGE 18. NO VISAS PRIOR. WE DO HAVE OUR i601 APROOVED

THEIRS 4 QUESTIONS...

1. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE US FOR MORE THAN ONE YEAR OR MORE THAN ONE YEAR IN THE AGGREGATE AT ANY TIME DURING THE LAST 10 YRS? I ANSWERED NO (I HONESTLY DONT UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION, I EVEN GOOGLED "AGGREGATE" LOL)

2.CAN YOU SPEAK/READ LANGUAGE OTHER THAN YOUR NATIVE LANGUAGE? ANSWERED YES (ENGLISH)

3.HAVE YOU EVER BEEN UNLAWFULLY PRESENT, OVERSTAYED THE AMOUNT OF TIME GRANTED BY AN IMMIGRATION OFFICIAL OR OTHERWISE VIOLATED THE TERMS OF A US VISA? I ANSWERED YES (SINCE HES BEEN HERE SINCE AGE 4 (UNLAWFULLY PRESENT) EVEN THOUGH THE OTHER PART HAS TO DO WITH A VISA)

4. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE US FOR MORE THAN 180 DAYS(BUT NO MORE THAN ONE YEAR) AND HAVE VOLUNTARILY DEPARTED THE US WITHIN THE LAST THREE YEARS? ANSWERED NO (HES NEVER LEFT) BUT ALTHOUGH HE IS UNLAWFULY PRESENT, 

5.HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ARRESTED OR CONVICTED FOR ANY OFFENSE OR CRIME EVEN THOUGH SUBJECT OF A PARDON, AMNESTY, OR OTHER SIMILAR ACTION? ANSWERED YES (SINCE HE DID GET ARRESTED AT AGE 18, WE WILL BE SUBMITING COPIES OF HIS CASE BEING DISMISSED)

ANYWAY, ITS LONG BUT I TRULY THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, THIS IS VERY CONFUSING AND DONT WANT TO MESS UP, PLEASE HELP. WOULD LIKE TO SUBMIT ASAP. 

I assume you mean an I-601a not an I-601?  He entered without inspection correct?

In aggregate means in total. The answer to this question is yes.  He has been illegally present in the USA for more than 1 year.

~~moved to IR1/CR1 process and procedures from DCF.  OP is not doing direct consular filing~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

56 minutes ago, JanettRod said:

1. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE US FOR MORE THAN ONE YEAR OR MORE THAN ONE YEAR IN THE AGGREGATE AT ANY TIME DURING THE LAST 10 YRS?

Correct answer is "Yes"

58 minutes ago, JanettRod said:

Correct

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, NikLR said:

I assume you mean an I-601a not an I-601?  He entered without inspection correct?

In aggregate means in total. The answer to this question is yes.  He has been illegally present in the USA for more than 1 year.

~~moved to IR1/CR1 process and procedures from DCF.  OP is not doing direct consular filing~~

yes I601A

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The correct answer to 1. and 3. are both yes.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, JanettRod said:

what about the rest??

also, after i submit, what forms should i send them??

We help you "DO it YOURSELF" here.  Can't tell you what to send because it depends on what applies to you.  Follow the instructions.  If you have specific questions, ask them.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, JanettRod said:

what about the rest??

also, after i submit, what forms should i send them??

Study this guide carefully and follow the instructions:

https://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2/

1 hour ago, carmel34 said:

Study this guide carefully and follow the instructions:

https://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2/

wrong guide.  Op's spouse will interview at consulate.  He entered without inspection and has an approved I-601a waiver. 

https://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1/

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.