jakejon

AOS I-485 Las Vegas 2018/19

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys, 

I am creating this thread to help all of the Las Vegas 2018/19 filers with coming together and sharing updates all in one place on VJ. I believe it would be a great resource to all of all AOS'ers in Las Vegas. Please feel free to share any updates with interview dates etc 

My current timeline:

AOS NOA1: 11/23/2018

Ready to be scheduled for interview: 12/27/2019

EAD/AP NOA1: 11/23/2018

EAP/AP NOA2: 04/11/19 (139 days for approval) 

Look forward to fellow Las Vegan's chipping in :D 

J

Edited by jakejon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'll jump in, why not....

Filed AOS= 02-07-2019

AOS NOA1 = 02-27-2019

Bio Apointment = 03-13-2019

EAD/AP Approval = 05-01-2019 (83 days for approval)

EAD/AP Card Received = 05-09-2019

Not sure how you have an interview set up over 6 months in advance, but I'm ready for interview as of today, or is that an estimate?

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Loren Y said:

Filed AOS= 02-07-2019

AOS NOA1 = 02-27-2019

Not sure how you have an interview set up over 6 months in advance, but I'm ready for interview as of today, or is that an estimate?

Oh I don't have an interview date yet. My status changed to 'ready to be scheduled for an interview' (or ready for interview) back in December. Still little way off for interview to be actually scheduled but hopefully we can more AOS Vegas filers will jump in too. Thanks for joining :D 

Edited by jakejon

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

Thanks I found this thread I am from vegas too and here's my timeline:

AOS POCKET SENT: 11/21/2018

NOA1/PD: 11/23/2018

BIO DONE: 12/21/2018

AOS UPDATE: 04/16/2019 (Case is ready to schedule an interview)

EAD APPROVAL: 06/10/2019

NO SCHEDULE YET

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 7/30/2019 at 2:37 PM, Helena_Siberia said:

Hi!

Checking in - AOS, AP and EAD sent 07/19/19.

The check hasn't been deposited yet.

I'll keep you, guys, posted!

Elena

UPD - received NOA-1 on July 29th

Timeline
On 5/21/2019 at 3:44 PM, Loren Y said:

Filed AOS= 02-07-2019

AOS NOA1 = 02-27-2019

On 8/6/2019 at 12:50 PM, Helena_Siberia said:

UPD - received NOA-1 on July 29th

Hey guys! Update. So I shockingly received my interview notice for Sept 12th. Las Vegas may appear to be speeding up quite dramatically. Fingers crossed for you guys.

@Loren Y - your interview may be this year at this rate!!! :) 

Edited by jakejon

Timeline
7 hours ago, jakejon said:

Hey guys! Update. So I shockingly received my interview notice for Sept 12th. Las Vegas may appear to be speeding up quite dramatically. Fingers crossed for you guys.

@Loren Y - your interview may be this year at this rate!!! :) 

That's great, only 9 months roughly, I will take that, maybe December then, that would be a nice Christmas gift, but I'm sure as usual things slow down work wise around the holidays, from Thanksgiving to Christmas they will probable do 2 interviews... LOL, but I was thinking February or March, if I get December or even January I'm good with that.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
13 hours ago, Loren Y said:

That's great, only 9 months roughly, I will take that, maybe December then, that would be a nice Christmas gift, but I'm sure as usual things slow down work wise around the holidays, from Thanksgiving to Christmas they will probable do 2 interviews... LOL, but I was thinking February or March, if I get December or even January I'm good with that.

I read this last month, so hopefully they do hit the target they say they are. As you say holidays can slow things down some times. Article was a good read and fingers crossed for it too with USCIS Las Vegas: 

https://www.cortezmasto.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Senators Cortez Masto and Rosen to USCIS re Processing Delays 5.23.19.pdf

Edited by jakejon

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We had our interview on July 1st 2019 at the Las Vegas office, Interview seemed to go well other than a supervisor was sitting in on the interview.
We were told that my case is being held for review and were given a letter stating that they have up to 120 days to make a decision.

As of today we have heard nothing, very frustrating!

Timeline
1 hour ago, rickwaller said:

We had our interview on July 1st 2019 at the Las Vegas office, Interview seemed to go well other than a supervisor was sitting in on the interview.
We were told that my case is being held for review and were given a letter stating that they have up to 120 days to make a decision.

As of today we have heard nothing, very frustrating!

Hey Rick! 

I seen your post yesterday and forgot to write back as I'm getting ready for a short trip back home. Out of curiosity were you:

- Given an RFE? 

- What bona-fide evidence did you bring to interview?

- Did they approve you on the spot with given normal review slip or just give you the review slip? (Everybody gets review slip after)

I imagine the supervisor was sitting in on the interview due to training a new member of staff who was interviewing you. I mean, I'm thinking if you were given no RFE, they seemed happy with everything (questions/answers/bona-fide evidence), no criminal history, the I-864 Affidavit is in order, medical etc...maybe your file has been accidentally left in a pile by a member of staff. There are some who have unfortunately experienced this. Knowing my bad luck it'll happen to me. It does suck if this happens as there's nothing you can do until 120 days, it's a waiting game with the hope you'll get the approval update on the USCIS site/app and GC in hand. Hope you hear back real soon!! :) 

Not sure if this is helpful. I'm sorry as I haven't been fully through the interview/post-interview yet 

Edited by jakejon

Timeline
21 hours ago, jakejon said:

Hey Rick! 

I seen your post yesterday and forgot to write back as I'm getting ready for a short trip back home. Out of curiosity were you:

- Given an RFE? 

- What bona-fide evidence did you bring to interview?

- Did they approve you on the spot with given normal review slip or just give you the review slip? (Everybody gets review slip after)

I imagine the supervisor was sitting in on the interview due to training a new member of staff who was interviewing you. I mean, I'm thinking if you were given no RFE, they seemed happy with everything (questions/answers/bona-fide evidence), no criminal history, the I-864 Affidavit is in order, medical etc...maybe your file has been accidentally left in a pile by a member of staff. There are some who have unfortunately experienced this. Knowing my bad luck it'll happen to me. It does suck if this happens as there's nothing you can do until 120 days, it's a waiting game with the hope you'll get the approval update on the USCIS site/app and GC in hand. Hope you hear back real soon!! :) 

Not sure if this is helpful. I'm sorry as I haven't been fully through the interview/post-interview yet 

We have not been asked for an RFE,, we provided lots of proof of our marriage, so we are still waiting. We have to go to Canada by the end of August to complete guardianship for my daughter so we hope that they do not decide to call us in for another interview when we are there.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, rickwaller said:

We have not been asked for an RFE,, we provided lots of proof of our marriage, so we are still waiting. We have to go to Canada by the end of August to complete guardianship for my daughter so we hope that they do not decide to call us in for another interview when we are there.

It's just a waiting game I guess. Really hoping you hear back soon for sure :) 

Edited by jakejon

Timeline
21 hours ago, jakejon said:

It's just a waiting game I guess. Really hoping you hear back soon for sure :) 

Thanks. We keep checking the status online and have even wasted our time calling and were told that tier two rep's do not know anymore about our case than the tier one reps.
We then thought if we got an infopass appointment we could at least actually talk to someone in the Vegas office so we could make sure "the file was not lost in a pile" but you can no longer make an infopass appointment.
USCIS has finally insulated itself from the very people that pay their wages, I find this insulting and a total misuse of their power.
Sorry end of my rant.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/15/2019 at 6:58 AM, jakejon said:

I read this last month, so hopefully they do hit the target they say they are. As you say holidays can slow things down some times. Article was a good read and fingers crossed for it too with USCIS Las Vegas: 

https://www.cortezmasto.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Senators Cortez Masto and Rosen to USCIS re Processing Delays 5.23.19.pdf

Update!!!! Just received my AOS interview notice in the mail today!!!! Filed on Febuary 8th,2019 received notice in a little over 6.5 months. Interview is set for Oct. 3rd,2019. They didn't just speed it up, they cut the time in half!! I was expecting 12-14 months until you said yours came up fast and I was hoping for notice in November, not the end of August. I thought all sorts of bad things at work when I saw the Informed delivery email me a copy of my mail and I saw the notice because there was no way I expected an Interview notice in under 7 months for an office quoting 12-14 avg. wait time. Maybe the letter did get them to kick it up a notch!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.