chako-

Does US Citizen could walks in to US Embassy Manila and complain?

60 posts in this topic

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 7:04 PM, Russ&MaryAnn said:

If I was in your situation, instead of spending money on your sponsor traveling there and trying to walk into the embassy to speak to a supervisor; I’d hire a local  attorney that specializes in immigration. I don’t know any personally but have seen many posts by shadow on Living in Cebu forum. 

I agree with @Hank_ and you that the CO is wrong given what information you provided. Maybe there’s more to it, we don’t have all the details. Honestly you’ve been a little vague. I do understand your frustration. I hope you get this resolved 

Did you see that Paul died a few months ago?

I first visited him 2007 when he was living in Bogo or Danao right outside of Cebu, I used to see on a yearly basis and we would head to Cebu and spend the week there.

ChickBoy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Falcon Cara said:

I first visited him 2007 when he was living in Bogo or Danao right outside of Cebu, I used to see on a yearly basis and we would head to Cebu and spend the week there.

I heard that, but I didn’t know him personally, only through the site. It’s a really good site for expats living in the Philippines 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Falcon Cara said:

Paul left the Philippines very quickly a year or two ago, if memory serves.     PNP were coming to his door I heard.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

5 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Paul left the Philippines very quickly a year or two ago, if memory serves.     PNP were coming to his door I heard.

I used to follow that forum for a little bit but never got in depth with it. What happened?

9 hours ago, Hank_ said:

He left in 2012 from Davao since that was his POE, he got a lawyer and exit clearance and never made it back to Philippines, he went to Singapore and settled in Cambodia

He was banned in 2006 for overstaying his visa and spent a year in Hong Kong before he came back to PI.

I have read a lot of stuff on the internet, the guy I saw would give you the shirt off his back and I know he helped my expats when they needed help in Philippines.  He spoke perfect bisaya. 

ChickBoy

16 hours ago, Hank_ said:

You can do a little internet search and find much about Paul Petrea; why he left Georgia , and why he moved to Cambodia.

The luggage rack story...Good Lord. Sounds like a peach of a guy....

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

On 5/24/2019 at 8:04 AM, Russ&MaryAnn said:

If I was in your situation, instead of spending money on your sponsor traveling there and trying to walk into the embassy to speak to a supervisor; I’d hire a local  attorney that specializes in immigration. I don’t know any personally but have seen many posts by shadow on Living in Cebu forum. 

I agree with @Hank_ and you that the CO is wrong given what information you provided. Maybe there’s more to it, we don’t have all the details. Honestly you’ve been a little vague. I do understand your frustration. I hope you get this resolved 

all the information I provided was exactly what happened to my papers. there is nothing more to it. it simply just they want me to recognize my foreign divorce decree by philippine court. which is we could not understand at all what it had anything to do with us getting married in the US and just what is the connection of that by US Law. And yes I am really frustrated because we have a toddler and we started this petition a year ago now. they supposed to bind family together not to make us apart. and the top of it all, we are doing it legally, complying to whatever they want. without shortcuts. 

And, the highlight of this matter, I also knew someone who have the exact situation, except that she and her fiancee doesn't have a kid. So her CO asked her to Register her foreign divorce decree by Philippine Government (Also same with my 221g) and she registered it on Manila City Hall, Civil Registry Department. I also did the same thing. I was even the one who told her what to do since I did mine first. she followed me. I sent mine to the embassy mid April, she sent hers last week of April. (After holyweek) 

THE FUNNY THING IS, SHE GOT APPROVED AND HER CO ACCEPTED HERS. AND NOW SHE HAD HER VISA ISSUED AND WILL LEAVING ON SUNDAY.  WHILE ME, THE EMBASSY CALLED ME AROUND MID MAY TO TELL ME THAT WHAT MY CO WANTS IS A CENOMAR WITH ANNOTATION AND SHE WANTS MY DIVORCE TO LOOK LIKE NULL AND VOID. SHE TOLD ME THEY CALLED THE PSA AND IT SAYS IT WILL ONLY TAKE 2 MONTHS. (she lied, they never called)

I KEPT TELLING HER IT IS NOT BECAUSE IT NEEDS TO BE RECOGNIZED FROM THE PHILIPPINE COURT.

how did I know they lied? I went to the PSA the next morning, gave me a piece of paper for the requirements to recognized the foreign divorce, and made it clear that they never gave an info that it will only takes 2 months. it needs a lawyer and will take atleast 1 and half year for the process roughly.

see? That is the reason why I am so frustrated. like seriously, what is their problem with us????! And Yes, my petitioner will fly back here to atleast gets an answer from them WHY. and yes, he will fly because he haven't seen our kid for almost a year now so it's really rough plus I am living alone here, raising a toddler alone. hope ya"ll understand why Im frustrated.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, chako- said:

all the information I provided was exactly what happened to my papers. there is nothing more to it. it simply just they want me to recognize my foreign divorce decree by philippine court. which is we could not understand at all what it had anything to do with us getting married in the US and just what is the connection of that by US Law. And yes I am really frustrated because we have a toddler and we started this petition a year ago now. they supposed to bind family together not to make us apart. and the top of it all, we are doing it legally, complying to whatever they want. without shortcuts. 

And, the highlight of this matter, I also knew someone who have the exact situation, except that she and her fiancee doesn't have a kid. So her CO asked her to Register her foreign divorce decree by Philippine Government (Also same with my 221g) and she registered it on Manila City Hall, Civil Registry Department. I also did the same thing. I was even the one who told her what to do since I did mine first. she followed me. I sent mine to the embassy mid April, she sent hers last week of April. (After holyweek) 

THE FUNNY THING IS, SHE GOT APPROVED AND HER CO ACCEPTED HERS. AND NOW SHE HAD HER VISA ISSUED AND WILL LEAVING ON SUNDAY.  WHILE ME, THE EMBASSY CALLED ME AROUND MID MAY TO TELL ME THAT WHAT MY CO WANTS IS A CENOMAR WITH ANNOTATION AND SHE WANTS MY DIVORCE TO LOOK LIKE NULL AND VOID. SHE TOLD ME THEY CALLED THE PSA AND IT SAYS IT WILL ONLY TAKE 2 MONTHS. (she lied, they never called)

I KEPT TELLING HER IT IS NOT BECAUSE IT NEEDS TO BE RECOGNIZED FROM THE PHILIPPINE COURT.

how did I know they lied? I went to the PSA the next morning, gave me a piece of paper for the requirements to recognized the foreign divorce, and made it clear that they never gave an info that it will only takes 2 months. it needs a lawyer and will take atleast 1 and half year for the process roughly.

see? That is the reason why I am so frustrated. like seriously, what is their problem with us????! And Yes, my petitioner will fly back here to atleast gets an answer from them WHY. and yes, he will fly because he haven't seen our kid for almost a year now so it's really rough plus I am living alone here, raising a toddler alone. hope ya"ll understand why Im frustrated.

It is frustrating to me ... as I don't know how to circumvent that CO!

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 5/25/2019 at 2:03 AM, Villanelle said:

This may not be a popular opinion but I am going to put it out there anyway. 

Has your fiance sponsored anyone before? Does he have any kind of criminal records or was ever arrested? Did you see the actual 129f form he filled out? I am asking because if he did sponsor someone before and has told you "it didnt work out" and that person is still in the US- there is a chance the previous immigrant filed VAWA or ROC with abuse waiver. 

In those cases USCIS can not disclose to you anything about the abuse claims since a determination was made the immigrant was a victim and not that he was the abuser. Often in those cases the Officers (since they can not directly tell you about an abuse claim) will give you a hard time about other things and deny or stall you. That may be what is happening here. 

No, he never sponsored somebody else before. he was single and just 21 years old when we first met. and I knew all of his past relationship also so I am pretty sure the problem is not really about it. there is really nothing wrong on our papers, I just forgot 1 paper, just 1 paper om my interview and that is the CENOMAR) and all of this things is happening until now. I just felt sad for our kid. missing all the times she could have with her father. but thank you for your opinion, I appreciate it. 

3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

I don't know what to do anymore. like the embassy really called me just to tell me to go to the PSA. as in LOL. I did and they never believed in me, I kept on telling them that the process they are talking about is not right. they just making me look like a fool with this 5 221g's. the only hope we have right now is when my petitioner fly back here soon. he wants to talk to any supervisor inside the embassy. he wants an answer. My medical will gonna expired as well on June. so Idk really. I am getting depressed.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, chako- said:

I don't know what to do anymore. like the embassy really called me just to tell me to go to the PSA. as in LOL. I did and they never believed in me, I kept on telling them that the process they are talking about is not right. they just making me look like a fool with this 5 221g's. the only hope we have right now is when my petitioner fly back here soon. he wants to talk to any supervisor inside the embassy. he wants an answer. My medical will gonna expired as well on June. so Idk really. I am getting depressed.

I well understand your frustration .. do not get depressed .. that is the wrong path to take.  

Hopefully your fiancee can get into the embassy to get some really answers and request a supervisor review your case file.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

12 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

and I don't know why this is happening to us. a filipina from the embassy called me, the last time we talked I cried a lot because I could not help it anymore. and even asked her, where is their heart keep asking for the same papers over and over again? she could not even answer me why they want me to recognized my divorce by philippine law. and I composed myself and told her "OKAY. I'LL JUST LET MY PETITIONER DEAL WITH THIS AND HE WILL FLY BACK HERE" 

she told me no, and before I ask my petitioner to fly back in PI I should make my move first and go to the PSA like as if I never complied on my 221g. 4 times. LOL

5 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

I well understand your frustration .. do not get depressed .. that is the wrong path to take.  

Hopefully your fiancee can get into the embassy to get some really answers and request a supervisor review your case file.

I hope so too. I kept on thinking about it. my worries are if he could even get inside the embassy just to ask a supervisor to review my case file again. we tried to sent a letter to them lots of times, explaining and pouring our heart out. but it seems like the CO that has my paper doesnt even reading our letters. every after I comply on the 221g they will sent me another one. it goes on like that for almost 4 months now. she seems like robot.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.