Sohamahmoud91

Cairo embassy questionnaire

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

I’m wondering if anyone has experienced this or has any feedback. My fiancé interviewed at the Cairo embassy on April 24th 2019, his interview went very well and the CO immediately told him he was approved and took his passport. He told him to wait for the visa return. Never asked for any additional documents never mention administrative processing or anything else. We waited a week post interviews and then I emailed them asking why our status never updated post interview it still says ready. They replied back to please fill out a questionnaire and send it back (ds5335) Although it does not have any title on it. I filled it out and sent it back. Now our case status is in AP and I’m not sure what to do. A part of me thought knowing the chaos that is Egypt whoever replied didn’t even look my case up and send me a generic form but at the same time maybe it’s real and there is a problem. My fiancé has never been married before never travelled outside of Egypt and has never had a different address even. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Why did they approve him verbally and take his passport with no request for any additional evidence just to put him in AP? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ds 5535 was created in 2017 for additional security checks

it investigates all social media , travel (although you say there isn't any , it still asks),  all phone numbers the bene can use,  and siblings

you will be lucky if the case stays in Cairo and the process is done there

but the case can be returned and DHS does the legwork

Several Moroccans are getting hit with this form including women

and there is a special site here under the portal for people going thru this/ look under "other topics"

normal  processing time is a year but one went thru in a month

Derik (USC ) and his Moroccan wife have been in AP since December interview along with many others

you will ask should he ask for his passport back?   Not unless you want to go thru additional screening

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Sohamahmoud91 said:

Hi everyone, 

I’m wondering if anyone has experienced this or has any feedback. My fiancé interviewed at the Cairo embassy on April 24th 2019, his interview went very well and the CO immediately told him he was approved and took his passport. He told him to wait for the visa return. Never asked for any additional documents never mention administrative processing or anything else. We waited a week post interviews and then I emailed them asking why our status never updated post interview it still says ready. They replied back to please fill out a questionnaire and send it back (ds5335) Although it does not have any title on it. I filled it out and sent it back. Now our case status is in AP and I’m not sure what to do. A part of me thought knowing the chaos that is Egypt whoever replied didn’t even look my case up and send me a generic form but at the same time maybe it’s real and there is a problem. My fiancé has never been married before never travelled outside of Egypt and has never had a different address even. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Why did they approve him verbally and take his passport with no request for any additional evidence just to put him in AP? 

DS5535 in Cairo have been taking up to a year to complete.

AP being a black hole could take months to years to complete.

I hope that it will process quickly for him.

there is one that had interview 2019, got DS5535 it took about 3 months for it to complete here is their profile.

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=294903

Edited by Khallaf

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Agreed like others, there is no definitive timeline for AP. It's open ended, cannot be bypassed or expedited.

Can be 2-3 days, 2-3 weeks, 2-3 months, even years. Everyone goes through some form of AP though.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
32 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Ds 5535 was created in 2017 for additional security checks

it investigates all social media , travel (although you say there isn't any , it still asks),  all phone numbers the bene can use,  and siblings

you will be lucky if the case stays in Cairo and the process is done there

but the case can be returned and DHS does the legwork

Several Moroccans are getting hit with this form including women

and there is a special site here under the portal for people going thru this/ look under "other topics"

normal  processing time is a year but one went thru in a month

Derik (USC ) and his Moroccan wife have been in AP since December interview along with many others

you will ask should he ask for his passport back?   Not unless you want to go thru additional screening

We don’t need the passport back for anything other than him coming here. How can I get updates during this time of AP? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No updates.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
On 5/13/2019 at 8:35 AM, Sohamahmoud91 said:

We don’t need the passport back for anything other than him coming here. How can I get updates during this time of AP? 

you wait it out, do not be in a rush to contact the embassy I have discovered this can work against you. just be paitent

Timeline
1 minute ago, Khallaf said:

you wait it out, do not be in a rush to contact the embassy I have discovered this can work against you. just be paitent

Ya I almost wonder if my initial email to them is what prompted their sending the questionnaire in the first place since they never mentioned it at interview or after only when I emailed asking why my status wasn’t updated post interview 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sohamahmoud91 said:

Ya I almost wonder if my initial email to them is what prompted their sending the questionnaire in the first place since they never mentioned it at interview or after only when I emailed asking why my status wasn’t updated post interview 

Cairo by experience hates to be bothered with Emails, I found a few that got out from under a DS5535 in a few months to so that has taken 18 months it is a black hole, I only advise contacting them after 90 days have passed and there has been no progress.

constant emails reflects desperation to Cairo, this will cause them to look deeper.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Khallaf said:

Cairo by experience hates to be bothered with Emails, I found a few that got out from under a DS5535 in a few months to so that has taken 18 months it is a black hole, I only advise contacting them after 90 days have passed and there has been no progress.

constant emails reflects desperation to Cairo, this will cause them to look deeper.

Well everyone should be desperate to have their lives move forward I think that’s a terrible approach and transparency should be honored for anyone undergoing AP we all have a right to know what’s going on. But I know the system is horrible so I’m not surprised 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sohamahmoud91 said:

Well everyone should be desperate to have their lives move forward I think that’s a terrible approach and transparency should be honored for anyone undergoing AP we all have a right to know what’s going on. But I know the system is horrible so I’m not surprised 

its a complete "f"ery in Egypt I hope it all goes fast for you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2019 at 6:34 PM, Khallaf said:

its a complete "f"ery in Egypt I hope it all goes fast for you.

We have had such a horrible experience with Cairo so far. No response to emails except the 'checklist'. When they sent us a checklist the second time it said send our documents to the Embassy via Aramex (which we did). The next day they called us and asked us why we sent them our documents!! Also they told us they opened our sealed medical exam packet by 'mistake'. When they sent it back the chest exam CD was outside of the original medical exam packet. I called and talked to a switchboard supervisor who had me fax my email to them with picture of the opened exam asking them what to do. The supervisor said he would give it to an immigration officer- STILL nothing back from them after that.

We have no idea what to do. Wait or continue trying to get through to them about the opened packet. Any advise? 

Email to post 2.png

Email to post.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.