Jump to content
Jaquelly

AOS from July 2018 still not complete - help or ideas?

15 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

AOS - July 6 2018 -

- NOA1 July 10 2018
- Fingerprints done August 2 2018

 

AP - July 6 2018

-NOA1 July 10 2018
-AP Recieved 12-8-2018

 

- EAD - July 6 2018

-NOA1 July 10 2018
-Biometrics done August 2 2018
-Approval Date November 30 2018
- EAD received December 

 

On all of our cases, we submitted a change of address request on September 7th 2018 completed September 19th, 2018) and again on March 4th 2019. 

We submitted an inquiry about the I-485 application being out of date AS OF DATE that we filed the inquiry (as of now, the website says we are not out of date) We have been waiting since March 24th, 2019 (USCIS website says As of March 24, 2019, your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number ###, is currently not assigned for processing.) 

 

We are sending a letter off to our congressperson off to get some help. It says our case is still at the National Benefits Center for processing.

 

I am losing my mind and I feel like we are the last ones. We moved from Dallas to Indianapolis and there is still no end in sight.

 

Please, if anyone has ideas or just good vibes, please send them. Thank you.

 

 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

AOS - July 6 2018 -

- NOA1 July 10 2018
- Fingerprints done August 2 2018

 

AP - July 6 2018

-NOA1 July 10 2018
-AP Recieved 12-8-2018

 

- EAD - July 6 2018

-NOA1 July 10 2018
-Biometrics done August 2 2018
-Approval Date November 30 2018
- EAD received December 

 

On all of our cases, we submitted a change of address request on September 7th 2018 completed September 19th, 2018) and again on March 4th 2019. 

We submitted an inquiry about the I-485 application being out of date AS OF DATE that we filed the inquiry (as of now, the website says we are not out of date) We have been waiting since March 24th, 2019 (USCIS website says As of March 24, 2019, your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number ###, is currently not assigned for processing.) 

 

We are sending a letter off to our congressperson off to get some help. It says our case is still at the National Benefits Center for processing.

 

I am losing my mind and I feel like we are the last ones. We moved from Dallas to Indianapolis and there is still no end in sight.

 

Please, if anyone has ideas or just good vibes, please send them. Thank you.

 

 

You are less than a year.  AOS has been taking 12 to 24 months depending on location 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, payxibka said:

You are less than a year.  AOS has been taking 12 to 24 months depending on location 

 

We are less than a year - yes - but the majority of people who have had their fingerprints done for our local office have long since been approved.

 

I know we're not special. I know that there is a huge backlog. It's been a long time since I've been active on here because I was trying to be patient. My patience is running thin. The same anxiety I felt when we were waiting for the NOA1 for our I-129 is now kicking in and I feel like we've just been left behind :(

AOS Office Total 
Records
Avg. Total
Days to Interview
Avg. Days 
to 1st NOA
Avg. Days 
btw 1st NOA
Biometrics
Avg. Days 
btw Biometrics and Interview
(if interview required)
Avg. Days 
btw Biometrics
and Decision Date
Avg. Days 
btw Decision Date
and Receiving Green Card
Houston TX 21 477 7 30 440 446 33
Imperial CA 3 124 9 21 95 95 7
Indianapolis IN 13 113 5 26 82 108 7

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

What's your local field office?

Indianapolis

 

19 hours ago, payxibka said:

Date rang of your query?

I used all 2018 NOA 1 around our date 3 months. 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jaquelly said:

Indianapolis

 

You are still within normal I485 processing times for family based applications at Indianapolis. Not sure why you were allowed to make an enquiry for being out of normal processing times?

Screenshot_20190513-145127_Chrome.jpg

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

You are still within normal I485 processing times for family based applications at Indianapolis. Not sure why you were allowed to make an enquiry for being out of normal processing times?

Screenshot_20190513-145127_Chrome.jpgy

Yeah. As of currently. The point I'm trying to make is when we submitted our inquiry, we were NOT within normal processing times. Our case hasn't moved from NBC and we're almost a year out.

 

I'm not stupid. This isn't my first post, and I've been happy to help people here since the beginning of our process.

 

I'm just frustrated. 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

Yeah. As of currently. The point I'm trying to make is when we submitted our inquiry, we were NOT within normal processing times. Our case hasn't moved from NBC and we're almost a year out.

 

I'm not stupid. This isn't my first post, and I've been happy to help people here since the beginning of our process.

 

I'm just frustrated. 

Me neither, lol.

My question is how do you know that your case is still at the NBC being reviewed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Jaquelly said:

We are less than a year - yes - but the majority of people who have had their fingerprints done for our local office have long since been approved.

Processing times are not logical, some cases take longer than others and there's no rhyme or reason to it whatsoever.  Comparing your case to others will only lead to increased frustration for you and your spouse.  Some have waited two years for AOS, and it seems to be getting longer every day.  Some get lucky and it takes less than a year.  There's a feeling of helplessness because it's all out of our control and there's nothing we can do about it.  You know all of this and I understand your level of frustration with a system that is clearly broken.  At least you have EAD/AP and are living together.  We're still waiting and hoping, in the CR-1 process, almost two years since we first met, in a long-distance love affair and at the mercy of an immigration system that is more backlogged than an old septic system that has never been maintained or pumped out.  I went through this process 30 years ago and it took two months.  Today, same laws, same process, and it's a year or two.  So sad what our government has done with all the money and very high fees we send them.  With all the revenue from our fees they could easily hire more staff, open more offices, to clear the backlog of applications.  The inefficiency of our immigration system is a case study in government incompetence.

Edited by carmel34

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2019 at 4:58 PM, Jaquelly said:

-Approval Date November 30 2018

Meanwhile you should start the process of renewing the EAD and AP. AP is not renewed automatically/also no extension on it just in case. You should be eligible for renewal at the end of June.

 

Hope you will get your interview soon. Your status at NBC is  ready for interview?

I assume changing local offices didn't help on the process....

Hope you will get the interview soon!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2019 at 3:19 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

Me neither, lol.

My question is how do you know that your case is still at the NBC being reviewed?

When we call the 800# for USCIS the automated system tells us that it is still at NBC.

 

I am not getting my hopes up. This sucks.


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...