SallySally

Help With Confusing Request on CAEC

35 posts in this topic

Just now, Lil bear said:

Correct. They are very interested in continuity of documents through the whole process.. names , dates, listed spouse, listed ex  spouse. Divorce occurs to a marriage . so they require the marriage certificate and divorce certificate pertaining to that relationship. 

They requested annulment paperwork twice for us.  The first one was accepted.  We had received "Documentarily Qualified" on May 1st.  Today they are asking for the annulment paperwork (this was previously uploaded and approved).

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

The exact same thing just happened to us.  This is so frustrating.

I am a little relieved to hear that other people were requested to do this as well. I thought it was only the Embassy in Cairo that was doing it since our file is there now. They have been entirely incompetent so far.  Yes this is very frustrating to be sure. Best wishes to you both. 

Just now, SallySally said:

I am a little relieved to hear that other people were requested to do this as well. I thought it was only the Embassy in Cairo that was doing it since our file is there now. They have been entirely incompetent so far.  Yes this is very frustrating to be sure. Best wishes to you both. 

So you are already in Cairo and they did that?  At least we are still "At NVC".  This is so weird.  Good luck to you.  Do you have an interview setup yet?

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

So you are already in Cairo and they did that?  At least we are still "At NVC".  This is so weird.  Good luck to you.  Do you have an interview setup yet?

Our case was expedited at the NVC stage and was sent directly to the Embassy in Jerusalem (we are Gaza residents). We had to leave Gaza and come to Cairo and transferred our case from Embassy to Embassy. I called NVC and they verified that our case is in Cairo and Cairo would handle everything from here on out. We have yet to get an interview date but were warned it might take up to 6 months.

Yes, this is weird. Maybe it's a new requirement in their system to counter fraud cases or something. Who knows? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

They requested annulment paperwork twice for us.  The first one was accepted.  We had received "Documentarily Qualified" on May 1st.  Today they are asking for the annulment paperwork (this was previously uploaded and approved).

We see quite a few of these seemingly unnecessary request.. trouble is we have no option other than to give them what they request. Maybe some stressed worker accidentally hit the delete button instead of the save button .. or maybe not ...🤪

11 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

We see quite a few of these seemingly unnecessary request.. trouble is we have no option other than to give them what they request. Maybe some stressed worker accidentally hit the delete button instead of the save button .. or maybe not ...🤪

It is stressful to be sure. Maybe they don't realise how much is hanging on their requests and decisions? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, SallySally said:

It is stressful to be sure. Maybe they don't realise how much is hanging on their requests and decisions? 

Many would understand I am sure. but they have a job to do ,they didn’t invent the system but they have to implement it .. and they are human too. 

1 hour ago, Lil bear said:

Yep.  I vent but I also uploaded whatever they asked for right away.  I just wonder what they will ask for in 3 weeks!

IMG_5168.jpeg

4 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Yep.  I vent but I also uploaded whatever they asked for right away.  I just wonder what they will ask for in 3 weeks!

Same here. lol What choice do we have right? We are also wondering what other surprise documents they will need...

4 minutes ago, SallySally said:

Same here. lol What choice do we have right? We are also wondering what other surprise documents they will need...

I’m thinking about uploading every document I have that is associated with any thing that might have something to do with immigration. LOL

IMG_5168.jpeg

On 5/12/2019 at 6:36 AM, SallySally said:

We uploaded our civil documents to CAEC in early April- including my husband's Divorce Decree and our Marriage Certificate. Today they just added this category and listed it as missing: 

MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (1st MARRIAGE-FINAL DIVORCE DECREE) 

Since we have already uploaded my husband's final divorce decree (it even shows that it was submitted) -are they referring to my divorce decree? It is confusing because it says Marriage Certificate. I have no idea what they mean exactly and don't want to upload the wrong document. Please help!!!

Note: Our file should be being dealt with at US Embassy Cairo according to NVC -this is the first communication we have received on CAEC and nothing else on the page has been updated.

Marriage Certificate.png

CEAC did maintenance on the website over the weekend many cases with the same issue.

I spoke to NVC.  They indeed had a glitch that added the additional requirements.  I was told to ignore it and my wife was still listed as DQ.  My problem now is that I uploaded what they asked for and that puts us off top the side for 3 weeks as they need to review the new submission.  Uploading the file they ask for added 3 weeks to the journey for us.  She said that all submitted files need to be reviewed so while still listed as DQ, she is no longer in the queue for an interview appointment.  The NVC woman was very nice.  She looked at all 3 cases and gave me updates.  I also messed up by submitting my transcript after our AoS was accepted.  That added 3 weeks too.  I went ahead and added the marriage certificate to my step daughter's petition as they had already requested that for my step son.  Now we are anticipating the AoS to be complete on May 21 and all three petitions should be accepted by June 3.  This really sucks but it is out of our hands.

Our expedite was approved because of school but at this point we have to pay the full year tuition in Manila since school will start before we interview.  No reason to expedite anymore as the money is gone and it isn't fair to the kids to have them sit home alone and wait while their friends are all in school.

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

I spoke to NVC.  They indeed had a glitch that added the additional requirements.  I was told to ignore it and my wife was still listed as DQ.  My problem now is that I uploaded what they asked for and that puts us off top the side for 3 weeks as they need to review the new submission.  Uploading the file they ask for added 3 weeks to the journey for us.  She said that all submitted files need to be reviewed so while still listed as DQ, she is no longer in the queue for an interview appointment.  The NVC woman was very nice.  She looked at all 3 cases and gave me updates.  I also messed up by submitting my transcript after our AoS was accepted.  That added 3 weeks too.  I went ahead and added the marriage certificate to my step daughter's petition as they had already requested that for my step son.  Now we are anticipating the AoS to be complete on May 21 and all three petitions should be accepted by June 3.  This really sucks but it is out of our hands.

Our expedite was approved because of school but at this point we have to pay the full year tuition in Manila since school will start before we interview.  No reason to expedite anymore as the money is gone and it isn't fair to the kids to have them sit home alone and wait while their friends are all in school.

Thanks for the information, just few minutes ago we received and email, almost all documents were accepted including the "new request by accident". We fixed and upload the required documents, just have to wait the response.

Have a great day! 

ِA glitch?? And it costs you 3 weeks! That is unfair to say the least. I wonder how many more people had this happen? I am glad you were able to at least get information on it but it is a shame that because you updated it you are no longer in the queue for an interview. I hope it all goes well for you and your family. The original documents we uploaded haven't even been reviewed yet so we are contemplating if we should upload the new request or not. I don't think it will set us back but I wonder if the Embassy will even look at our file if they see something is 'Missing' even if it was a glitch?

It would be nice if they fixed the glitch

23 minutes ago, P-D said:

Thanks for the information, just few minutes ago we received and email, almost all documents were accepted including the "new request by accident". We fixed and upload the required documents, just have to wait the response.

Have a great day! 

That is great! I just read from someone else who had this happened that the additional requirements was a 'glitch' in the system. See above responses for a better explanation. 

17 hours ago, Eugenia2017 said:

CEAC did maintenance on the website over the weekend many cases with the same issue.

I guess there was a glitch in the system...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.