TBoneTX

I-751 April 2018 Filers (Part 2)

722 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Lotetaru said:

Woohoo! I got the letter that my request for the removal of the conditional basis has been approved!

I am an early April 2018 filer to the California Service Center. I had an RFE in April 2019, replied within a few weeks by early May, and was invited to a biometric appointment in June. Ten days after my biometric appointment, I got an approval notice in the mail.

Nice.Congrats!!!! Happy for you  :)  :) 

Can you pls share RFE content what's in there, helpful for others so :) 

Another April filer, originally Vermont but transferred to Texas March.

Nothing since then

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

8 hours ago, Land of L said:

Nice.Congrats!!!! Happy for you  :)  :) 

Can you pls share RFE content what's in there, helpful for others so :) 

The RFE was quite generic. USCIS wished to see more evidence in support of good faith marriage because the original evidence, particularly our leases and bank statements, did not cover the whole period of marriage but only the last two years. RFE also included a list of evidence that we could send.

I like going overboard with things (and I really dislike the idea of being deported), so I sent a 20 lbs package, which took us a couple of weeks to assemble. My cover letter for USCIS was 10 pages long, describing in detail what I am sending and why I am sending it. My hunch is that the most important documents in this process are (a) rental contracts, signed by both spouses, every year; and (b) bank statements for shared accounts — for every month. We sent 44 statements for each account. Additionally, we included all healthcare insurance and retirement benefits statements with both our names, requested official transcripts from IRS, found utilities bills from various apartments we used to live in, commandeered friends to write additional affidavits, added plane tickets and rentals from our vacations, and provided [insert a shocking number of] photos documenting every single month of our life since the wedding, with descriptions. You know, the typical stuff.

Good luck to everyone!

Finally good news!   April filer, transferred to Texas on March 13, EAC181345xxxx -- approved today!  😊

A month ago, I'd tried to get transferred back to Vermont, but that got squashed by Level II. 

It is truly a slog waiting after the 15 month mark...  Good luck to everybody still waiting! 

2 hours ago, cdngf said:

Finally good news!   April filer, transferred to Texas on March 13, EAC181345xxxx -- approved today!  😊

A month ago, I'd tried to get transferred back to Vermont, but that got squashed by Level II. 

It is truly a slog waiting after the 15 month mark...  Good luck to everybody still waiting! 

Congrats!!

I also asked to be transferred back to VSC no joy. I got transferred March 20th   *crosses fingers*

On 7/6/2019 at 4:37 PM, Lotetaru said:

The RFE was quite generic. USCIS wished to see more evidence in support of good faith marriage because the original evidence, particularly our leases and bank statements, did not cover the whole period of marriage but only the last two years. RFE also included a list of evidence that we could send.

I like going overboard with things (and I really dislike the idea of being deported), so I sent a 20 lbs package, which took us a couple of weeks to assemble. My cover letter for USCIS was 10 pages long, describing in detail what I am sending and why I am sending it. My hunch is that the most important documents in this process are (a) rental contracts, signed by both spouses, every year; and (b) bank statements for shared accounts — for every month. We sent 44 statements for each account. Additionally, we included all healthcare insurance and retirement benefits statements with both our names, requested official transcripts from IRS, found utilities bills from various apartments we used to live in, commandeered friends to write additional affidavits, added plane tickets and rentals from our vacations, and provided [insert a shocking number of] photos documenting every single month of our life since the wedding, with descriptions. You know, the typical stuff.

Good luck to everyone!

Thank you so much for the info!  very helpful! 

Congrats again! ENJOY!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 7/8/2019 at 1:00 PM, Rubyroo said:

VSC April filer, transferred to TSC in March, today i checked my status online and it reads on 7/8 cased was transferred to another office which now has jurisdiction, haven't received letter yet to were it has gone now.

Anyone else transferred today? 

Wow! That is terrible. I hope they don't start transferring us to a third jurisdiction! Unless it is to handle the cases immediately.

I really hope this works for the best for you.

On 7/8/2019 at 5:29 PM, Gizzmondo said:

Congrats!!

I also asked to be transferred back to VSC no joy. I got transferred March 20th   *crosses fingers*

Thanks @Gizzmondo  My fingers crossed for you, too

I’m so frustrated! I filed on April 12th last year at CSC, notification of fingerprint reuse received on February 27th, case was transferred to Nebraska office on March 7th. Haven’t heard anything yet since then.

Unfortunately, my husband and I might be getting a divorce soon. I don’t know what to do. Waiting until I get my 10 year green card or just start the divorce process before the approval? I’m so sad and frustrated...

anyone in a similar situation? I'm a Vermont filer, filed end of April (April 24th), and got two updates yesterday on the DHS USCIS login/website. One was saying that my name was updated and another one saying that my "case was received at my local office." Based on looking around on VJ, it seems like the notification that case was received at local office is not a real notification, but wanted to see if anyone experienced something similar! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
3 minutes ago, h2o15 said:

anyone in a similar situation? I'm a Vermont filer, filed end of April (April 24th), and got two updates yesterday on the DHS USCIS login/website. One was saying that my name was updated and another one saying that my "case was received at my local office." Based on looking around on VJ, it seems like the notification that case was received at local office is not a real notification, but wanted to see if anyone experienced something similar! 

No. My status still shows as transferred to Texas on March 2018, nothing has changed since then, for better or worse. We filed in Vermont mid April (I don't remember the exact date anymore, but it's on the sheet). 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
23 hours ago, msh123 said:

I’m so frustrated! I filed on April 12th last year at CSC, notification of fingerprint reuse received on February 27th, case was transferred to Nebraska office on March 7th. Haven’t heard anything yet since then.

Unfortunately, my husband and I might be getting a divorce soon. I don’t know what to do. Waiting until I get my 10 year green card or just start the divorce process before the approval? I’m so sad and frustrated...

I feel your frustration with the process.

It does look like that there is an element of uncertainty in your immediate future which unfortunately, in my opinion, have to be resolved one way or the other (related to your marriage) first before you can decide the course of action to take with your I751 application. You may also want to get an introductory consultation appointment with an attorney to figure out your options. 

On 7/11/2019 at 3:14 PM, msh123 said:

I started the ROC process with same situation as you. My research lead to conclusion that if you (general "you") do not disclose the info before receiving 10-year GC, you risk facing difficulties after ROC. So you might want to talk to a good lawyer if you're divorcing before receiving GC. It'a little complicated, but there's a way. On the other hand, if you're divorcing after receiving 10-year GC, it could be seen suspicious to USCIS, but it's not your fault and you can't do anything with it, so it should be fine.

In my case, I was so lucky to find a very reasonable, understanding lawyer in the area. I called many places but he charges 1/3 of others as a whole ROC packet. The consultation is free. Should you need any info, feel free to message me.

1 hour ago, h2o15 said:

In a different situation. Early April filer to VSC, transferred to Texas. on March 20.  Since then "no news is good news".

Also check:

Edited by AbrilJoy
added info

:jest: I-751 Journey 2018-19 (Hardship Waiver --> Divorce Waiver)

USPSed to VSC:                        April 10

Received by VSC:                     April 13

Received Date:                          April 16

NOA1 Date:                                May 7

Check Cashed:                          May 9

NOA1 Letter Received:          May 12

Biometrics Notice Dated:         May 25

Biometrics Notice Received:   June 4

Biometrics Appointment:         June 15 

Biometrics Done:                       June 8 (Walk-In)

Transfer to Texas SC:                 March 20

Case Ready for Interview:         August 23

Interview Scheduled:                 September 4

3 hours ago, AbrilJoy said:

I started the ROC process with same situation as you. My research lead to conclusion that if you (general "you") do not disclose the info before receiving 10-year GC, you risk facing difficulties after ROC. So you might want to talk to a good lawyer if you're divorcing before receiving GC. It'a little complicated, but there's a way. On the other hand, if you're divorcing after receiving 10-year GC, it could be seen suspicious to USCIS, but it's not your fault and you can't do anything with it, so it should be fine.

In my case, I was so lucky to find a very reasonable, understanding lawyer in the area. I called many places but he charges 1/3 of others as a whole ROC packet. The consultation is free. Should you need any info, feel free to message me.

I am also in a similar situation and the lawyer I spoke to also said the things you mentioned. Getting approved for the 10 years while the divorce is ongoing is the major risk because you might have issues when filing for citizenship. On the other hand, you cannot change your filing status to filing single until you have your divorce decree - so the dilemma is that you are stuck in the days between when you file for divorce and when you have the divorce finalized. And if the 10 years GC comes during that period, thats bad because it would be difficult to get citizenship. So if you can wait till you get your 10 years GC, that would be the best option. 

From all I have gathered, it is even better to have gone through the divorce before the initial filing that now because it is so complicated. I am curious to know what you did @AbrilJoy cos I am in the process myself.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.