11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I fly up tomorrow, and have the interview the morning after. I've got everything I need for the interview - a hotel is booked, flights are arranged, and I'm SUPER nervous. My stomach is doing a ton of backflips and while my anxiety is through the roof right now, I'm looking forward to finally doing this interview. It's been a really long time coming.

I'll be going to the Auckland NZ Consulate. It's weird - I'm somewhat of a veteran flyer when it comes to international flights, but I've never flown within my own country before so I'm weirdly nervous about it. Honestly it's the "making sure I'm there" part I'm most nervous for; going to the interview itself, I'm mostly fine. I am a bit jittery and afraid of being rejected for the visa (that would be my worst nightmare...) but you know, trying to have a positive mental attitude!

I've got my little pieces of evidence (photos of us, text convos and old boarding passes) and the email that I needed to print off to show I have an interview all sorted and ready to go. Sorry if this is rambly - as you can tell, very nervous 😅 I miss my partner so much, so the fact that this is all going to come to and end and we'll be back together soon has definitely got me emotional. We're ready for marriage, and I'm ready to start a new life with him overseas.

May all the old gods and the new and idk, the force be with me in these coming days.

I-129F Case Received - August 29 2018

I-129F Approved - January 27 2019

Case Moved to Consulate - March 05 2019

Medical Exam Completed - March 21 2019

Interview - Done and Accepted on May 9th 2019 ❤️ 

Moved countries on May 19

11 minutes ago, Lynxwarden said:

I fly up tomorrow, and have the interview the morning after. I've got everything I need for the interview - a hotel is booked, flights are arranged, and I'm SUPER nervous. My stomach is doing a ton of backflips and while my anxiety is through the roof right now, I'm looking forward to finally doing this interview. It's been a really long time coming.

I'll be going to the Auckland NZ Consulate. It's weird - I'm somewhat of a veteran flyer when it comes to international flights, but I've never flown within my own country before so I'm weirdly nervous about it. Honestly it's the "making sure I'm there" part I'm most nervous for; going to the interview itself, I'm mostly fine. I am a bit jittery and afraid of being rejected for the visa (that would be my worst nightmare...) but you know, trying to have a positive mental attitude!

I've got my little pieces of evidence (photos of us, text convos and old boarding passes) and the email that I needed to print off to show I have an interview all sorted and ready to go. Sorry if this is rambly - as you can tell, very nervous 😅 I miss my partner so much, so the fact that this is all going to come to and end and we'll be back together soon has definitely got me emotional. We're ready for marriage, and I'm ready to start a new life with him overseas.

May all the old gods and the new and idk, the force be with me in these coming days.

I know how you feel ... my fiancé travels tomorrow to Barbados has the interview next Monday but he has to do his medical exam there ... everything ready organized carefully I also hope to have him soon with me ... good luck for you 🤞

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Tere Branly said:

I know how you feel ... my fiancé travels tomorrow to Barbados has the interview next Monday but he has to do his medical exam there ... everything ready organized carefully I also hope to have him soon with me ... good luck for you 🤞

Thank you, good luck to you too!

It's such a scary process - an incredibly worthwhile one, but very intimidating nonetheless.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Try to get a good night's sleep the night before,  and do get a good breakfast the morning of the interview. When you get there, don't forget to breathe..... and answer the questions truthfully. Generally, the consular officer's job is to detect fraud. I daresay that the Auckland consulate is shade site better interview site than those in parts of Africa or the MENA states.

Best wishes for a successful interview tomorrow.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

You'll be fine! I went with my now husband to his K-1 interview last year in London and they literally asked 1 question, how we met! We were so nervous when we went in, but it ended up being the easiest part of the process! :)  Just go in there with confidence! 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

How was your interview, Lynxwarden?

Haven't had it yet, it's tomorrow :P I fly up tonight though, staying in a hotel and then the interview is tomorrow morning

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ash&Jaye said:

You'll be fine! I went with my now husband to his K-1 interview last year in London and they literally asked 1 question, how we met! We were so nervous when we went in, but it ended up being the easiest part of the process! :)  Just go in there with confidence! 

Hopefully it's a breezy process for me too! I have people anxiety mixed with being on the autistic spectrum so things like these are quite nerve-wrecking. Will put on a brave face though - my fiance and I have worked hard to get to this point ❤️ 

3 minutes ago, Lynxwarden said:

Haven't had it yet, it's tomorrow :P I fly up tonight though, staying in a hotel and then the interview is tomorrow morning

Ah, right.   You got this!  Have you read the reviews of the Auckland consulate here on VJ?   Might help soothe  the nerves as it will give you some idea of what to expect.

Edited by Jorgedig

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Ah, right.   You got this!  Have you read the reviews of the Auckland consulate here on VJ?   Might help soothe  the nerves as it will give you some idea of what to expect.

I've checked them out; most of the reviews are pretty positive and it sounds not as intimidating as I thought it would be. Still have some big nerves due to travelling and general anxiety, but reading those does give me some slight peace of mind and an idea of what to expect. Hopefully it'll be just as relaxed for me as it has been for others!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Good luck Lynxwarden and tell us about it after your interview.

I'm still waiting for my interview invitation from Auckland Consulate :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.