9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Myanmar
Timeline

My wife has been in Burma (Myanmar) for three months now.  She has a green card because she immigrated with me last year.  We waited in her (now our) son to get done with the school year before allowing him to join us.  He just got his IR2 visa issued, and they will pick up his passport tomorrow.  The next day they will fly into LAX.  I have never arrived internationally via LAX, although I have done so many times in SFO.

I am trying to create a map and email it to my wife.

They will arrive to terminal 8.  Where must they go for his immigration process?  It is not shown on the official web site map.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Try using this site

i did when i flew back into LAX last year/ it doesn't say it is just for USC 

https://www.flylax.com/en/lax-customs-and-immigration

They can’t go wrong. As it is an international flight the passengers must all go through immigration. It’s unavoidable and the only way they can go when they get off the plane. Without knowing the exact gate, you can’t give step by step instructions anyway. Just tell them to follow “arrivals and baggage claim”. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, GulfwarVeteran said:

My wife has been in Burma (Myanmar) for three months now.  She has a green card because she immigrated with me last year.  We waited in her (now our) son to get done with the school year before allowing him to join us.  He just got his IR2 visa issued, and they will pick up his passport tomorrow.  The next day they will fly into LAX.  I have never arrived internationally via LAX, although I have done so many times in SFO.

I am trying to create a map and email it to my wife.

They will arrive to terminal 8.  Where must they go for his immigration process?  It is not shown on the official web site map.

Just follow the crowd 

YMMV

1 hour ago, JFH said:

They can’t go wrong. As it is an international flight the passengers must all go through immigration. It’s unavoidable and the only way they can go when they get off the plane. 

Exactly!

If she’s confused about which line to stand in (as she has a green card but the son a visa) she can just ask a CBP official, they are always milling around  to help direct people.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, GulfwarVeteran said:

Thanx all.  My wife would feel better if I can send her an email map.  She is a bit scared.

She can't get lost between the plane and immigration hall

YMMV

2 hours ago, GulfwarVeteran said:

Thanx all.  My wife would feel better if I can send her an email map.  She is a bit scared.

There will literally only be one route they can take off the plane, and it will bring them to the immigration hall.

After arriving into the immigration hall, they would queue in the US Citizen/Permanent Resident line. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.