andreaam

Argentinians AOS fillers

928 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Received official confirmation that USCIS will be implementing the public charge rule (I believe is effective February 24th).  I am sharing this here for those that have not yet filed for a K1 visa (the ones to follow), are in the process of it, or will be applying for AOS soon.  Make sure you check the updated forms and how this will affect the stage that you are at.  For those of us that already filed (even AOS), this should not apply to us.  Some dates are sticky it seems that they are also mentioning the October 2019 date as a reference, but I don't know how that applies.  My advice would be that if you filed after the October 2019 initial due date, then you should research further.

OMG we are planning to file Feb 13...cutting it close....

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

57 minutes ago, andyazcu said:

OMG we are planning to file Feb 13...cutting it close....

Keep a close eye with this subject then because it is back and forth and I don't know how it may impact you along the way.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

1 minute ago, Fe.Ta said:

Keep a close eye with this subject then because it is back and forth and I don't know how it may impact you along the way.

Yep gonna be watching the USCIS website for the new forms and instructions next week, ugh.

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

@andreaam Do we get a notice of receipt for the RFE as well (in the mail as a formal letter) or do we not get anything until it is actually accepted/denied?

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, Fe.Ta said:

@andreaam Do we get a notice of receipt for the RFE as well (in the mail as a formal letter) or do we not get anything until it is actually accepted/denied?

I actually never got a notice of receipt. I waited 4 and a half months to get the case update online. I got the ‘RFE response received’ on January 28th. We received the RFE on September 12th

2 minutes ago, andreaam said:

I actually never got a notice of receipt. I waited 4 and a half months to get the case update online. I got the ‘RFE response received’ on January 28th. We received the RFE on September 12th

Thanks! Hoping ours changes soon. 😨

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
1 hour ago, Fe.Ta said:

Thanks! Hoping ours changes soon. 😨

I hope for you the same! I was the worst to wait 4 months to know if the evidence was good

5 minutes ago, andreaam said:

I hope for you the same! I was the worst to wait 4 months to know if the evidence was good

I know!  Plus, didn't they mess your case up somewhat?  Did you file standard or premium?

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

I know!  Plus, didn't they mess your case up somewhat?  Did you file standard or premium?

We started filling inquiries on November (it can take up to 60 days to process RFE so that’s why we had to wait two months to start complaining). Around Christmas day we got 3 inquiries in and 2 calls with Tier 2. No one was able to tell us if they had received the RFE response or not. By January 15th we had contacted our congresswoman  and a layer friend. Both sent letters to USCIS demanding answers. How was it possible for them not to know if they have the evidence or not. By January 28th we got the update and on the 30th we got the Interview scheduled. 
In conclusion, it took them almost 5 months to figure it out where they had put our response. 
I don’t know what you mean by standard or premium. 

4 minutes ago, andreaam said:

We started filling inquiries on November (it can take up to 60 days to process RFE so that’s why we had to wait two months to start complaining). Around Christmas day we got 3 inquiries in and 2 calls with Tier 2. No one was able to tell us if they had received the RFE response or not. By January 15th we had contacted our congresswoman  and a layer friend. Both sent letters to USCIS demanding answers. How was it possible for them not to know if they have the evidence or not. By January 28th we got the update and on the 30th we got the Interview scheduled. 
In conclusion, it took them almost 5 months to figure it out where they had put our response. 
I don’t know what you mean by standard or premium. 

That is a very long time and hassle!  But, glad you have it all figured out now.

When you file with USCIS, the fees can be paid as standard or as premium processing.  Obviously, premium processing is a bit higher, but it helps with processing RFEs, etc. within a sooner window.  In the case of RFEs, they should issue some response within 15 days or you have the right to complain.  Not that it matters for you or other people now, but maybe for those to follow this would be helpful:

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/how-do-i-request-premium-processing

Edited by Fe.Ta
NA

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
2 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

That is a very long time and hassle!  But, glad you have it all figured out now.

When you file with USCIS, the fees can be paid as standard or as premium processing.  Obviously, premium processing is a bit higher, but it helps with processing RFEs, etc. within a sooner window.  In the case of RFEs, they should issue some response within 15 days or you have the right to complain.  Not that it matters for you or other people now, but maybe for those to follow this would be helpful:

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/how-do-i-request-premium-processing

Yes it was really difficult but thank god is over now, or almost!

I know what you mean now With the premium and standard, but we are not elegible for those, specially the I-485 form. If you keep reading the link you provided in your post, you can see all the forms and visas elegible for that packet and unfortunately we are not in any of those. 

1 hour ago, andreaam said:

Yes it was really difficult but thank god is over now, or almost!

I know what you mean now With the premium and standard, but we are not elegible for those, specially the I-485 form. If you keep reading the link you provided in your post, you can see all the forms and visas elegible for that packet and unfortunately we are not in any of those. 

Right, I noticed that in USCIS, but I read it somewhere else (I've read a lot of pages, which may have help or not).  Either way, I may try contacting USCIS if I don't hear within 15 days (worth the short), since ours was premium.  I know it is not applicable for a fact now, but it won't hurt us to try.  Thanks!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

Right, I noticed that in USCIS, but I read it somewhere else (I've read a lot of pages, which may have help or not).  Either way, I may try contacting USCIS if I don't hear within 15 days (worth the short), since ours was premium.  I know it is not applicable for a fact now, but it won't hurt us to try.  Thanks!

There is a lot of information out there, Yes just call and see. Either way they can tell you the status of the case or they can tell you to wait 60 days and then make the inquiry. Hopefully you will have an answer soon. Your case still says ‘RFE was sent’?

Edited by andreaam

23 minutes ago, andreaam said:

There is a lot of information out there, Yes just call and see. Either way they can tell you the status of the case or they can tell you to wait 60 days and then make the inquiry. Hopefully you will have an answer soon. Your case still says ‘RFE was sent’?

I got confirmation of RFE received within a week, so that was good.  I am waiting on the 15 days to see if I can call and inquire about whether or not it was accepted/rejected.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
4 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

I got confirmation of RFE received within a week, so that was good.  I am waiting on the 15 days to see if I can call and inquire about whether or not it was accepted/rejected.

I think if you got the received, it means is good and your case is back on track. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.