Jump to content
JTSF

Administrative Processing Hold 221(g) Due to ACRO

13 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

 

I know this topic has been covered extensively, and there won't be any really official answers anyone will be able to provide, but I'm getting so nervous and am not sure what else to do but turn to others for advice. 

 

My fiance had his interview on the 24th of April, and was handed a 221(g) refusal for ACRO confirmation for a common assault caution 10 years ago. He called in, was told the charge should be no problem, and had the information emailed over the same day, and the "Case Last Updated" date was updated the following day on the 25th. The status date was again updated on the 30th, but we are still in "Immigrant Visa Administrative Processing". For cases really similar to ours, we were reading of people pushing through to "Issued" within a short period of time, so now we're a bit nervous, especially with the second update and no move to even "Non-Immigrant Visa Administrative Processing". Should I be worried? Is there anything we can do to see if any additional documentation is needed?

 

Thank you in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, JTSF said:

Hi All,

 

I know this topic has been covered extensively, and there won't be any really official answers anyone will be able to provide, but I'm getting so nervous and am not sure what else to do but turn to others for advice. 

 

My fiance had his interview on the 24th of April, and was handed a 221(g) refusal for ACRO confirmation for a common assault caution 10 years ago. He called in, was told the charge should be no problem, and had the information emailed over the same day, and the "Case Last Updated" date was updated the following day on the 25th. The status date was again updated on the 30th, but we are still in "Immigrant Visa Administrative Processing". For cases really similar to ours, we were reading of people pushing through to "Issued" within a short period of time, so now we're a bit nervous, especially with the second update and no move to even "Non-Immigrant Visa Administrative Processing". Should I be worried? Is there anything we can do to see if any additional documentation is needed?

 

Thank you in advance!

AP can take 60-90 days to be fully resolved interview wasn't that long ago, just need to be patient I am sure all will go fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no specific timeline, depends on how quickly they get back to looking at your case. Common Assault is not usually a CIMT, they would need to no doubt check it is not an issue.


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a "No live trace" on the ACRO and also provided the SAR. For us, it was traffic related (failure to stop, 15+ years ago, was really just a misunderstanding that was over and handled peaceably) It took us from Dec 14th to Jan 8th to get through from The interview date/221g to Issued. Keep in mind that included non business days like Christmas, Boxing Day, and New Years as well as a few others. Did they keep your passport? I'd say you're looking at about another 1-2 weeks if all goes well and your case was anything like ours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 8:12 PM, NearEthereal said:

We had a "No live trace" on the ACRO and also provided the SAR. For us, it was traffic related (failure to stop, 15+ years ago, was really just a misunderstanding that was over and handled peaceably) It took us from Dec 14th to Jan 8th to get through from The interview date/221g to Issued. Keep in mind that included non business days like Christmas, Boxing Day, and New Years as well as a few others. Did they keep your passport? I'd say you're looking at about another 1-2 weeks if all goes well and your case was anything like ours.

Thanks for the feedback, bank holidays have been killing us also. We’re still stuck in immigrant visa processing with no date change since the 30th despite an interview on the 24th. He didn’t submit a SAR to begin with because the charge was more than 10 years ago so now I’m at a loss. He mentioned things in his interview that weren’t actual charges and don’t appear on his record, just things he had gotten confronted about previously....do you think this will hurt us? There hasn’t been an update since the 30th and we’re desperate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think what's happening is the consulate is trying to reach out to these agencies to corroborate the stories. It may be you get a request for a SAR, so I would recommend requesting one from the same place you got the ACRO. Usually they can email it. It's good to be proactive and have one on hand in case they do need it (You'll need court records for the AoS later as well so if there are any of those getting that while you wait would be a good step too). That, and it will make you feel like you're doing something productive while you wait, which is really all you can do now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Non-immigrant is usually the last stop or next-to-last stop before issued.

Nothing is definite, but it is a good sign. Keep watching it.


Timelines:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice

10/25/18: Formal approval

10/31/18: Green card received

 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/17: sent

12/14/17: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're flip flopping around. That's good.  You may shoot into another Administrative Processing that will last another 5-10 business days. You may go right to Issued. Sometimes (rarely, but I've seen it here once) this step can take a while as well.

GL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, JTSF said:

Didn't expect it to happen so quickly, but checked this morning and got Issued! Thank you for all the help - made an extremely stressful situation much easier to navigate!

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 9.23.11 AM.png

 

So it took about 3 weeks from interview to issued. You should fill out your timeline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

 

So it took about 3 weeks from interview to issued. You should fill out your timeline.

Yes correct, almost exactly 3 weeks! Just filled in my timeline with the information I have on hand, will update again when I can hunt down more dates - good tip. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was pretty much exactly how long it took for us with a similar issue, we just had Christmas/New Year thrown in for added fun. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

make sure you wait for Visa in hand to plan any trips, just in case something like a mistake on the Visa (Which will be printed accross two pages in your passport) or your packet comes opened. (But that's all rare)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×