Plumer

Sequence of Events

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello,

I’m hoping that someone can confirm the sequence of events after one receives confirmation from the National Visa Center [NVC]. The NVC letter vaguely suggested that within several weeks a letter with instructions would be sent to my fiancée in Thailand. At this point we are assuming that the physical exam, inoculations and criminal background check occur AFTER the letter is received.

We are also assuming that the DS-160 Form is completed prior to the date of the in-person interview.

Thank you in advance for any insight

Plumer

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Plumer said:

Hello,

I’m hoping that someone can confirm the sequence of events after one receives confirmation from the National Visa Center [NVC]. The NVC letter vaguely suggested that within several weeks a letter with instructions would be sent to my fiancée in Thailand. At this point we are assuming that the physical exam, inoculations and criminal background check occur AFTER the letter is received.

We are also assuming that the DS-160 Form is completed prior to the date of the in-person interview.

Thank you in advance for any insight

Plumer

A lot of those questions are country specific. Generally, at this point you should be able to do DS-160 and register at traveldocs site. She might be able to schedule medical already. Vaccinations are not required for K-1 applicants, but most choose to do them anyway during the medical. Background check is bascially her needing to get a police certificate, and she should be able to do it now.

As petitioner, you should send her prepared I-134 with tax transcripts, she will need it for the interview.

As I said, keep in mind the exact nature of procedures varies widely by country and Thailand can have its own specifics and deviation from standard flow. 

Please review https://th.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/packets/

https://th.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/90/k-packet-3-instruction-april2019-english.pdf

https://th.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/90/k-packet-4-appointment-april2019-english.pdf

Edited by Shiran

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

This is your chance to jump ahead a few weeks. You should already have the police certificate, after NOA2 you wait 2-3 weeks and call NVC and get your case number. Once you have that you can schedule the medical, then file the DS-160. For Thailand the Packet 3 and Packet 4 are available to download on the embassy website, so no need to wait for anything in the mail. If the vaccinations are not done yet, get them done at the red cross in Bangkok.The vaccinations are really cheap there, and they have an excellent record system and book they give you for proof, and are very familiar with the K1 process. Here is the link to the travel clinic... http://www.saovabha.com/th/clinictravel.asp.

You could have got the police clearance with the NOA1, no need to wait for NOA2, so that is something you should get done ASAP. Unless you pay and extra say 1200 Baht for " Express" processing, it will take about a month to get the certificate. My fiancee never received anything in the mail at all, we even had a Box at the post office for the whole year to make sure we didn't miss anything important, but even after visa was in hand nothing ever showed up at the box. Paying the fees for the DS160 have some specific instructions, and have to be paid at a branch of the Krungsi bank after you fill it out, it gives you a temporary account number, and you pay the fee in Baht at the branch, and 24 hours later they will put you in Que for an interview. You con't schedule the interview until you have the receipt from the bank that you paid for the DS-160. It seems like a lot of things to do, and it will keep you busy for sure, but PM me with any questions as the process is still fresh in my mind as I just did it last year.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Loren Y thanks for the detailed steps. This is exactly what I was attempting to sort out. At this point we’ve received the NVC letter with a case number included 30 days ago. Since then we’ve been waiting for this infamous letter to arrive from the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok. We were told that the letter was required in order to get the Police Certificate.

Since no letter arrived we proceeded to schedule travel for the inoculations on May 7th. From what I’m seeing here, it looks like I will have to contact the U.S. Embassy and explain that we have not received a letter. One individual who posted here said that she called about a missing letter and the embassy attached a copy to an email.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.